[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happens when I just don't eat? ran out of money a couple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Eagles.png (250 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
Eagles.png
250 KB, 400x399
What happens when I just don't eat?
ran out of money a couple days ago and have no food
>>
You poo air
>>
Starvation? You loose body fat, then muscle, then internal organs and then bone and then you die.
>>
You'll basically go crazy and if you still manage to go without food you'll get really sick and might end up dying.

The book "Hunger" by Knut Hamsun depicts this pretty well.
>>
File: 1467056363424.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1467056363424.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>29571503
It's an effective way to lose weight but it's also a slow and painful suicide.

>>29571714
Isn't this the same thing as farting?
>>
>>29572355
>not eating is effective way to lose weight
not really because your metabolism slows down massively.
>>
>>29572560
not if you're going without food for awhile and then slowly reincorporate food into your body, he'd probably lose weight.

if you really need food you could always try food banks, but if you're really desperate you could try dumpsters.
>>
Go to the mall and take free samples
>>
>>29571790
I think he would lose muscle first. Because proteins?
>>
I haven't ate too much today and have been doing labor.
Why am I getting shaky
>>
Its not fun man. The first day or two you might be able to ignore the small effects you feel but after that it just gets worse. After sevearl days you start feeling nauseous all the time, light headed, and tired as your body is trying to save energy. You also sleep more as its another way your body conserves energy. you then start burning away fat, muscle and anything else your body can just so it can keep itself going. Note that this isn't a healthy way to sustain oneself as this isn't like eating a meal full of vitamins its more of a post processed empty stored calories the body is burning so it doesn't keel over and die. after that is pretty much just suffering.
>>
When the Hunger meter is emptied, Health will begin to drain at 1.25 points per second until something is eaten or the character dies.
>>
>>29572560

Your metabolism does not slow down in the slightest. Look at the starvation studies done on draft dodgers. Metabolism remaineh consistent the entire time, even at a bmi of fucking 16. It'd be nice if metabolism could slow down like that but physics just doesn't work that way.
>>
>>29573459

Fat is easier to break down, has more energy, and is less important for moving heavy shit. It's the body's backup reserve after its used all the sugar.
>>
>>29573580
How do I know how much health I have?
>>
>>29571503
I'm not sure where you live, but I have gone dumpster diving for food for about 3 years.
Your best bet is to go to the back of a grocery store. They throw out food after the sell-by date, often the food is edible for a while afterwards. If still cold, you can take meat, however it would be best to avoid that. Opt for more processed food if available. I typically go for frozen chicken (still cold when I get to it), boxed pasta, carrots, potatoes, spinach, anything canned. Avoid low calories foods like lettuce, easily spoiled foods like milk.
Eventually you will figure out when certain foods get thrown out so you will be able to plan accordingly. (beef gets thrown out Thursday afternoons, bread is tossed Wednesdays and Sundays etc.)
If you have any questions I'll be monitoring the thread.
>>
>>29571503
make sure you drink water and a way to get vitamins
>>29573724
this sounds like decent advice and way to get some veggies and other stuff
>>29573459
yes, but around the third, fourth day of starvation body stops breaking down muscle and starts burning fat
>>
well human body can go without food for like weeks, so it really comes down to mental suffering, you can overcome your mind, but really, once you go without food for long enough, it becomes something you always think of, think about heroin addicts, thats the way you going to feel, but you're just looking for food
>>
you gon' die.
>>
>>29573572
>after that is pretty much just suffering.
i remember a time when i had 2 weeks ~ no food. it wasn't that bad. of course terrible but not worse than my daily living :D
i think i could do it till some point.
>>
>>29574690
>2 weeks
>no food
No way in fresh hell you did that.
>>
>>29574758
except water and some tea of course i did that. i had no other choice than doing that.
>>
>>29573839
wrong. after 12 hours of hunger glycogen will run out, so body will start burning muscle for a very short time, then starts burning fat but body keeps burning little bit of muscle because, there needs to be a minimum amount of amino acids present in blood.
>>
>>29571503
I didn't eat for 5 days once to save a little money.
First day you feel normal hungry
Second you feel really hungry
Third you feel like your stomach is being stabbed, painful but not that painful
Fourth and fifth you feel nothing

Not a bad experience.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.