[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just out of curiosity, how many other vegetarians/vegans are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: mu.jpg (113 KB, 787x960) Image search: [Google]
mu.jpg
113 KB, 787x960
Just out of curiosity, how many other vegetarians/vegans are there on this board? Given the whole tendie meme I'm imagining not many (unless you're into your Quorn/Gardein).

If so, what are your reasons for your diet and what was it that motivated you towards the change? How supportive/understanding were your friends and family and how have you found your mood/physical health since you made the switch?
>>
>>29568668
vegetarian /bot/ for 2 years here. Being 20 still living w parents the don't support it really. I have to buy alot of my own food, which isn't too bad bc I work at a sandwich shop and can get free vegetarian meals there.
my body physically feels better than it ever did, noticeable after just my first few weeks without meat
>>
Me. I'm primarily vegetarian but I don't consume milk as a whole product and will only consume it as an ingredient in things like pizza, but I'm slowly trying to stop. The milk I keep in the fridge is almond or soy and my ice cream is Swedish Glace soy. All my eggs come from a lady across the street who sells what her pet hens lay.

>what are your reasons for your diet and what was it that motivated you towards the change?

Ethical primarily, economical secondarily. 80% of all crops cultivated are done so in order to feed livestock, and with the agricultural land in the US alone you could feed the entire world for a year twice over. Actually 98% of the animals of the total zoomass are animals being raised for human consumption.
Most of all the meat industry is indefensible. It's the most barbaric act of slavery and torture that the human race has ever committed and we're all collectively complicity in it's continuation. The way we treat the creatures around us is intolerably cruel, and all to satisfy our gluttony.

>how supportive/understanding were your friends and family

P. supportive. I've only been veg for a little over 2 years now, but I think at first nobody took me seriously when I went round for lunch and told them I didn't eat meat any more, but now when I go to visit my mother she keeps Quorn in the freezer for me.

>how have you found your mood/physical health since you made the switch?

Everything. Everything changed. I cannot put it into words how much it positively impacted my life.
I always thought vegetarianism was kind of a meme, I would lie to myself daily and repeat over and over how it was just the 'cycle of life', how it couldn't be helped, but I was in denial.
To date my chronic depression is gone. Like, it's just gone, I've dropped 62lbs in total, I wake up earlier, I go to bed at a normal time, I have more energy, I get fuller easier, I actually ENJOY eating fruit and vegetables and I've taken up cooking, cycling and jiu jitsu.
>>
>>29568762

>my body physically feels better than it ever did, noticeable after just my first few weeks without meat

It's crazy how much of a difference it makes to your physical well being isn't it? I felt like garbage for the first 3-4 weeks without meat and then I just stopped craving it altogether.
Did you get temporary meat withdrawal too?
>>
Waiting for the inevitable meat-poster to come busting in here like;
>"HAHA WHY IS IT VEGETARIANS NEVER SHUT UP ABOUT VEGETARIANISM"
>"BUT BACON"
>"BUT, LIKE, IF LIONS EAT MEAT"
>"HMMMM THINK I'M GONNA GO EAT A BIG STEAK RIGHT NOW ;)"
>"BACON"

pls no.
>>
>>29568668
Not real vegetarian, didn't eat meat for about 8 years and cooked a pan of burger meat last week because it tastes to good.
Felt shameful towards myself but it also was kind of worth it.
>>
vegetarianism is a legit thing
veganism is a meme
>>
>>29569119
The only bad thing about veganism is the huge overlap with SJW numale faggots, this gives the whole idea a real bad name in public.
>>
>>29569119

There's nothing wrong with veganism, it just gets a bad rap because of the loud minority.
>>
>>29568668

>>Given the whole tendie meme I'm imagining not many

>he thinks memes don't transcend what you actually believe and practice

Seriously what kind of fag
>vegan
jk I already know what kind of fag.
>>
>>29569218

This doesn't look very appetizing thnx, and I'm not vegan, I just said I consume milk and eggs.
>>
File: 9.-chick-grinder-hatchery.gif (912 KB, 352x264) Image search: [Google]
9.-chick-grinder-hatchery.gif
912 KB, 352x264
>>29569273
>>29569218

Muh gif.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.