[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just found out the cure for depression. :)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
I just found out the cure for depression. :)
>>
>>29568406
That's pretty much true though. Also meds.
>>
>>29568460
Meds don't do shit besides temporarily force you to think a different way. I would never take medicine to fix a mental issue, except for sleeping medicine.
>>
>>29568555
>temporarily force you to think a different way

Confirmed for never taking meds, that's not how it works at all.
>>
>>29568406
The only cure for depression is time, you can try every little point in a buzzfeed 20 ways to combat depression article but it won't help speed things up at all
>>
>>29568555
I meant more of "forcing your brain to work a different way"
>>
I already tried all that
>>29568460
I'm supposed to be on my medications right now but I feel like they lull me into a false sense of complacency. They don't change the fact that I'm ugly, talentless, disliked, etc.
>>
>>29568406
well its not exactly wrong

get exercise, get some sun, hang out with friends, keep yourself busy and dont focus on your depressive state
>>
>>29568406

I find exercise does help with depression. Not walking so much, but intense activity. Lifting has always made me feel slightly better, even if it isn't a complete cure/
>>
The cure for depression it the realization that you cause yourself that depression. It is not easy though it takes a lot of self development work. But it is achievable. If you are interested you can visit actualized.org they have a lot of material you can work with.
>>
>>29568406
I find pulling weeds is good for my mental state. It's physical activity, it gives you something to focus on, and when you're finished you have something to show for your efforts.
>>
>>29568406
Well you know it's not exactly wrong. Frequent exercise and not identifying with your emotions is definitely helpful.

However, *you* are wrong about a "cure" existing. There is only treatment, so you can go on with your shitty life.
>>
Depression is a meme that whiny faggots use an excuse

>b-but it's a mental illness I can't help

Way to shift the blame from you being s lazy fuck
>>
File: pepesmokingafag.jpg (5 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
pepesmokingafag.jpg
5 KB, 128x128
>externalize the depression

One step ahead of you normie.
>>
>>29568406
Meds don't work. You're not going to get better through time alone.

Depression is your body saying "you need to do something, get something done." And when you ignore your body's impulse to be productive, your body makes you feel depressed to try to make you get some thing done. But when you have been unproductive and stagnated for so long, the depression becomes strong enough to actually make you stagnate further rather than become productive.

Just become productive. It will he hard. You will hate it at first. But you will eventually love being productive and when that time comes the depression will be over or at least be a small fragment of what it used to be.

Get off your ass, get out of bed, get out of the house, and do something. Work out hard, get a job, learn a hobby that is practical, make yourself better everyday. I know the truly depressed will read this and guffaw thinking, "this guy is a normie, he doesn't know what it's like." I do know what it's like. And I know that self improvement is the only real way out of this abyss. It might take months or years, but you'll gradually get better. Godspeed to any anon who listens to me.
>>
>>29568850
>t. Someone who never had to deal with it

I look after a relative with it and it is absolutely an illness. If you have never seen someone freaking out on their meds or withdrawing you shouldn't even be posting about this topic
>>
>>29569156
>t. Someone getting played by their lazy fuck "depressed" relative
lmao
>>
>Externalise the depression. Change "I can't do anyting" to "the depression is stopping me doing anything"

The minute you do that normies will attack you for "blaming your problems on everything but yourself" and "not taking responsibilities".

You can't win with normies.
>>
File: 1feel7.png (47 KB, 318x254) Image search: [Google]
1feel7.png
47 KB, 318x254
Can someone who's gone through it give me some tips on how to "cure" it? Or at least make it better?
>>
>>29569110
I have a full time job and it just makes me want to kill myself more because I barely have an my free time or money, fuck being "productive"
>>
This is more or less what I do. Not to "beat" depression but to survive it with some facade of sanity.
>>
File: 1462627599328.jpg (221 KB, 960x643) Image search: [Google]
1462627599328.jpg
221 KB, 960x643
>>29568620
there is no cure because life is actually incredibly shit and pointless. that is a fact. once your "selective delusion" software breaks down enough so you see that, you can't go back.. or at least, i haven't been able to.

i can maybe distract myself for a whole day or even a week at most, but it will come rushing back and i realize nothing is worth the effort, nothing is worthwhile, so these feels will kill me or i'll drag them to the finish line and disease will kill me. whatever
>>
Sad that that's true and you refuse to accept it.
>>
>>29568640
That's the fucking point you dingbat
>>
>>29568660
>friends

W E W
E E E
W E W
>>
>>29570043
There is no cure.

It never gets better.

You either;
Learn to deal with it and live a life of no enjoyment.

One day snap out of it and realize you were never really depressed to begin with.

Kill yourself.

Normies can never accept this as fact but it is.
>>
>>29568406
Jesus fucking christ I hate normie bullshit like this. How does this stop me from being lonely? It wont suddenly give me friends and a gf to have good times with. How does this stop me from regretting stuff from the past all the time?

Tumblr and reddit advice is the worst.
>>
>>29570333
It stops you from giving up, anon. You have to try to meet people to not be lonely. You have to be happy and fun for people to want to be around you as a friend or lover. No one wants to hang with a depressed guy all the time.
>>
>>29568406
The exercise part is true. I can vouch it helps
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.