[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /scaredtodrive/ here? >tfw might never experience the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: 1463013159555.png (338 KB, 539x523) Image search: [Google]
1463013159555.png
338 KB, 539x523
Who /scaredtodrive/ here?

>tfw might never experience the freedom I want because no driving
>>
>>29567748
dont be scared OP its easy you fears will fo fuck themselfs after about 5mins of driving
>>
I was for quite awhile, didn't get my license until I was 20 and it can still be a little nerve-wracking for me. there's really no magic trick, you just have to get in a car and face your fear. if I have one major regret it's that I didn't just get my fucking license when I was 16.
>>
Everyone is nervous at first, but the fear subsides after a few weeks of regular driving.

The trick is to drive in just your socks at first. It will make you more comfortable with the experience.
>>
>>29567793
This. Driving isn't scary at all. I was 19 when I first got my license.

You just need to practice a lot and unfortunately, some people don't have parents that taught them how to drive, spending time with the driving in circles in empty parking lots and whatnot.

I've been driving for nearly 2 years now and I still don't know how to reverse park
>>
Driving for 5 years since I was 17 and it never stopped being an anxious experience for me, OP. I'm a nervous wreck all the way from point A to point B and I'm pretty sure I always will be. The worst part is most people would think being so alert to all your own possible fuck-ups along the way would make you the greatest driver there could be, but the reality of the situation remains that driving is just like every single other thing in life robots are often bad at - in that it works best when you are relaxed and confident about the task.
>>
>>29567748

Man op. I was like you initially. Just nervous because there's so much at first to remember. But with practice and being careful (I suggest turning the radio off for 6 months) you'll get the hang of it.

I actually find driving pretty comfy. Except when morons do stupid stuff on the road, or those people who hang forever turning right or left just long enough that you need to hit the break. Ie, city driving. But on a highway it's nice to just let your mind wander while paying just enough attention to the road. Plus going fast is fun.
>>
>mfw got my license at 22
>still utterly terrified of driving
>gets even worse when I have to drive in the daytime

I instantly want to curl up in a ball and die.
>>29567889
Ironically that's the only way I park.
>>
Who /hatestodrive/ here?

If it were for my I'd walk everywhere. Driving is not hard but it can be tiring and stressful
>>
>not living in a city where you dont need a car
>>
>>29567889
>>29567793
I live in Brampton Ontario. Our insurance rate is so high because we have the one of the most car accidents in Canada. Not only I have too much anxiety to drive with other cars around, it's just too expensive to keep
>>
>>29567889
I didn't get my license until 25 and I only reverse park
>>
File: krill.gif (15 KB, 314x189) Image search: [Google]
krill.gif
15 KB, 314x189
I'm terrified of driving. My parents were both alcoholics and they'd like to drive me home drunk all the time. They'd be swerving all over the highway and veering inches from other cars. My dad managed to completely wreck both of our cars when he crashed into oncoming traffic on two separate occasions. Luckily I wasn't in the car either time. He got like a bunch of DUIs, so I'm surprised he's never had to spend much time behind bars.

While I was living with him, my dad would always plan these stupid father-son bonding things because he felt guilty about being absent for most of my life. One month, he got it in his head that he was going to teach me how to drive. We drove around a parking lot for like twenty minutes or so, and then my dad said, "Alright, I think you're ready to get on the road". It was terrifying driving down the street, because I'd just think of all the ways I could kill myself, other drivers, or the pedestrians around me. It's like the worst game of bumper cars, where if you hit something then someone could die. My dad lost interest after that excursion, like he did with all his father-son bonding projects, so I never really got behind the wheel ever again. I still don't know how to drive.

What do you think, guys... are self-driving cars gonna get here soon? I keep hearing that they've almost worked out the technology, so it should be within the next decade or two, right?
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 800x534
Who /motorcycle/ here? I find it less scary because it can get out of harms way faster because it's literally faster and slimmer. Plus you get a full view, rather than having blind spots with a car.
>>
>>29568527

Being on a motorcycle makes the physics behind a crash far scarier. Best case scenario is to get flung from it and skid along the ground rather than instantly becoming road paste.
>>
File: 1466492097588.png (1022 KB, 1024x689) Image search: [Google]
1466492097588.png
1022 KB, 1024x689
>driving around
>spot qt girl
>follow her home
>take out my notes and write down where she lives
>days later
>bored
>pack my stuff
>patiently wait infront of her home in my car while eating junkfood and listening to eurobeat
I do this once or twice a week, for 3 years now. It doubles the usual amount of money I spend on gas, but its worth it. I cant stop doing this, Im addicted to stalking random girls I see while driving around. When I lose them due to slow drivers or red traffic lights, I throw a tantrum and scream.

Id kill myself if Id lose / wreck my car.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 500x500
>>29568603
To me the fear mostly comes from hitting pedestrians and other vehicles, since I live in a big city that's the main problem. Since it's not high speed there's not much to worry about crashing wise. However motorcycles/mopeds etc. won't kill a pedestrian unless you're going absurdly fast.
>>
>>29567748

You should be afraid, driving is dangerous as fuck, normies just learn to ignore the danger and live with the constant, non-negligible possibility of horrible injury or death from auto collisions. Most places now have public transit options, even if you're not in a major city. You can also walk to a lot of places with a range of two to three miles from your home and its way comfier than driving.
>>
File: 1376529118923.jpg (148 KB, 864x922) Image search: [Google]
1376529118923.jpg
148 KB, 864x922
>tfw I used to drift my shitty 2002 cavalier in the snow because I didn't care about it
>tfw I recently bought a 2014 mazda 3 in stickshift and race shitlords
It's not a fast car by any means but it's fast enough to race most people in my city. It's also nice to not lose 100% of the time like I did in my cavalier. I will however miss beating the shit out of it.
>>
20 years old and I only have a permit

I really wanted to learn when I was sixteen, but thanks to my autismo my parents were scared to let me behind a wheel. Now it's the exact opposite and I get tense and anxious when driving anywhere.

All I can think is "I'm in a 2000-pound metallic vessel going at speeds that would instantly shred me if I so much as twitch a muscle. I'm going to inadvertently violate some painfully obvious law that either I overlooked or nobody bothered to tell me because they didn't think they had to. If I get in an accident, I'm automatically going to get blamed for it because I'm young and male whether or not it was actually my fault. What if I ask a stupid question or say the wrong thing when I go in to take a driver's license test and I immediately flunk because of it?"
>>
>>29568527
>tfw some shithead toothless highschool drop out is driving in my blindspot on his motorcycle
>I change lanes and cut him off because I legitimately could not see him
>I checked my blindspots and mirrors but motcycles are fucking hard to see
>He pulls up next to me at the red light and says I almost killed him
>I turn and say "well you're fine" and drive off
>He continues to follow me home
>I call the cops and they proceed to give him a hard time because he's a rough biker with the vocabulary of a middle schooler
>They're very nice to me because I'm an upstanding car owner despite the near accident being my fault

Fuck bikers.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.