[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do bartenders actually talk to people about their woes and events
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1449760117150.jpg (57 KB, 614x389) Image search: [Google]
1449760117150.jpg
57 KB, 614x389
Do bartenders actually talk to people about their woes and events happening in their life?

I've been thinking of getting a job as a bartender at a calm bar somewhere in the city where I live just because it's always seemed like a /comfy/ sort of job and I could use the money. I've always been interested in hearing about people's problems and issues in life so it'd really make the job worth it if bartenders actually did have conversations with their customers.

Any bartenders here have any advice they can to share? It'd be really appreciated
>>
No, in fact most women bartenders are openly mean to me. Male bartenders can be cool but they're not interested in conversation.
>>
depends how busy it is, most city bars you won't even have time to piss during your 8 hour shift let alone talk to anyone. I suppose if you work in a bar in the middle of no where then you'll get to know the regulars but as they are most likely alcoholics then it will generally be the same stories from them every night about how they almost became famous/worked a very successful job but lost it all in the recession/their bitch wife left them/complaining about muslims or immigrants.
>>
No, most bartenders are young normies these days
>>
Anon becoming a bartender isnt going to be like VA-11 Hall-A. Not unless the world literally becomes a cyberpunk dystopia where the uneducated dont exist.

Sorry to break it to ya bud. But can I get you a drink?
>>
>>29567403
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS0VQOHX7lM
>>
bars and clubs are too corporate and normie theme park now. bartenders there are only interested in being tools sucking up only to famous people. maybe if you grew up in a small town the bartender might give a shit about who goes in and out.
>>
File: 1440188615892.jpg (87 KB, 736x748) Image search: [Google]
1440188615892.jpg
87 KB, 736x748
>>29567428
I wanted to be that one bartender that listens to people's sorrows....

>>29567547
So you're saying it's not the /comfy/ job I've been seeing in the media? Well that's a surprise I guess. Not really but a boy can dream can't she?

It's a shame though, might as well be working in fast food

>>29567680
I don't know what that is but it look interesting. Maybe I can pretend to be a bartender on my internet games? I guess I'll just stick to my /r9k bar/ threads for now

I'll get something sweet, maybe a Toblerone or something

>>29567728
tfw

>>29567791
So there's no point then?
>>
>>29567403
>going to a bar and easily pay 5 times more for a beer I can buy at the store 5mins from here
Yeah, sure. No.
>>
i worked as a bartender at an indian restaurant.
shit was ok because i didn't talk to anyone and i could drink as much as i want.
>>
>>29567403
A good bartender knows when to listen, when to talk, and when to just shut the fuck up. I'm a bartender and have been told many times I'm good at reading my customers. My most annoying thing is when im out for a beer and the bartender wont stfu and let me enjoy my book.
>>
>>29568041
So be that bartender
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.