[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you study?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
>been interested in music since I was 8
>tfw first year of studying music at uni and I've almost completely lost interest in it

I think this is where my impending neetdom begins
>>
In what way were you interested in music? Did you know theory before you went in?
>>
>>29567159
>non-stem
there's your problem, faggot
>>
>>29567159
>studying music

There's your problem, I absolutely hated doing the theory side of music but love playing, I still can't read sheet music or tell you the notes in a certain scale or anything theory related, yet I still can play almost any instrument that's put in front of me, be it guitar, drums, piano, anything, you've just gotta stick with it and try and learn some of your favourite songs, that's how I started
>>
>>29567207
Well I loved being able to play my favourite songs, and blues is pretty sweet to play.

I didn't know theory but I picked it up well enough to pass this year.

I'm just not entirely sure what I'm after anymore. I don't gig or write music seriously, I feel like my heart might not be in it.
>>
>>29567216
>m-muh stem
stemfags are embarrassing
>>
>>29567265
Oh same here in fact I'm quite good at guitar.

It's just hard to do anything serious if you're not a singer-songwriter, which I'm not.

>>29567216

I take history too, which probably isn't much better tbqh pham
>>
>>29567313
Ever use guitar pro 5? Or any tablature? I use gp5 to learn songs and to put my ideas and riffs into some kind of song form, I'm no song writing genius but every now and then I'll play something I think sounds pretty cool on guitar and then I'll put it into gp5 and you can add drums and shit to make actual songs, I think it's the greatest learning tool for music ever made tbqh
>>
>>29567349
I have something similar. I use an 8-track, ever heard of zoom-r8? It's pretty sweet, has effects too.

Do you ever plan on finding a singer to write with?

I do, but I honestly can't get along with any of the musicians here. I actually feel somewhat normal among these hipsters, but thats somwthing else entirely.
>>
>computer science because I'm a loser introvert
>couldn't make it past second year because calculus

Now I'm just a jobless loser living with mom
>>
>>29567265
tfw love the theory but don't really care about playing
>>
professional musician/ guitar teacher here. studying music is not what makes you good at miking music. playing is. I went to music school, got some good theoretical knowledge, etc. but I learned way more by playing in bands.

if you really want to make a go of being a musician, you need to make a ton of music. write songs if you're into that. if not, start learning songs off the record, every day.

who do you want to play like?
>>
I'm going to study psychology since people already use me as an emotional sponge as it is
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.