[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey 4chan. Lately I've been having nightmares of nuclear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: 2562647.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2562647.png
2 MB, 1280x720
Hey 4chan.

Lately I've been having nightmares of nuclear bombs being detonated. I'm scared that my perfectly normal life is going to be ruined because of what's going on in the Syria with Russia and NATO.

This fear has started quite recently although I haven't looked anything into nuclear bombs at all lately, last time I looked into nuclear bombs was 3 years ago in college.

Does anyone else have fear of these nuclear bombs?
>>
Haha, normans btfo by war again.

Also, watch The Sacrifice by Tarkovsky.
>>
>>29566196
When I was 3 or 4 back in the early 80s I would have constant nightmares of Portland Oregon being nuked kinda like pic related I would wake up all confused and scared.. but it hasnt happened so no worries
>>
>>29566196
I crave for nuclear holocaust so much.

This planet needs a good cleansing.
>>
>>29566196
i live in dc, fear is real here. one bomb and I'm gone
>>
>>29566275
they rated portland and eugene in i think the wapost or nyt as the safest from big disasters
>>
>>29566229
omg i love tarkovsky r u me?
>>
File: whitelightwhiteheat.jpg (76 KB, 601x600) Image search: [Google]
whitelightwhiteheat.jpg
76 KB, 601x600
There's nothing really to worry about, OP. The nukes that the US and Russia have stockpiled are all mostly just symbolic dick-waving. In all likelihood, nobody's ever going to use one in our lifetime. The Cold War was a much different era. The Soviet Union and the US were trying to best one another in every way possible, so they spent all their money on ridiculously pointless projects, of which the biggest was the nuclear arms race. There was almost no transparency, so each country always thought the other was doing much better than it was. We were in the weird situation where we were playing against one another in a stupid game with no real way to win and neither of us even knew what the score was. It's not really like that now. We haven't built any new nukes in a very long time; the newest ones are probably like twenty years old. On top of that, we've made an agreement with Russia to deactivate a number of nukes each year.

It's a little secret that most of those things don't even work anymore. Nobody's been taking care of them, they've just been sitting in missile silos and collecting dust. The agency responsible for their maintenance has been critically underfunded for a while now and they can't find any intellectuals who want to work for them. Maybe it's for moral reasons, maybe the pay isn't great, or maybe it's just because nobody wants to be the one who messes with the nuclear bombs. No one really knows what the actual number of working nukes we have in our possession is, but I'd say the majority wouldn't work if you dropped them.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.