[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zoloft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: cat.jpg (133 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
133 KB, 1600x1200
Red pill me on Zoloft /r9k/

My doctor wants to prescribe me this for my anxiety and depression but my past experience with SSRIs and all range of psych meds has been terrible.

If I start this shit will it make my life worse or better? Kind of ok where I am although it would be nice to be more motivated and have more energy...
>>
Antidepressants are a meme drug and they don't work at all.
>>
>>29564989
It helped me personally with my anxiety. It didn't help with my motivation and energy but it might help you if you don't have to spend so much time and energy being an angstfag
>>
>>29564989
If other SSRIs didn't work for you, zoloft won't either
Fuck these meme pills
>>
>>29565011
For me it had an effect: I got pretty aggressive all the time.
>>
File: 1436812138437.jpg (98 KB, 504x470) Image search: [Google]
1436812138437.jpg
98 KB, 504x470
>>29564989
50mg for a month.

anxiety was less, and so was everything else.

side effects: takes forever to cum, can't sleep

i found st johns wort better than this shit, but still a meme that doesn't change much.
>>
i was on 250mg of sertraline per day, im pretty sure its the same thing

broken dick, zero effect on anxiety and close to zero effect on depression, however i stopped having huge autistic fits of anger

i quit them after 6 months, now im back where i started, i wouldn't recommened them desu there's no way out except climbing onto a never ending treadmill of self improvement
>>
>>29564989
That's a nice pic of a homemade fleshlight
>>
>>29565157
> there's no way out except climbing onto a never ending treadmill of self improvement
iv tried tons of shit and i feel this too

the underlying meaningless will never go away, and i dont care enough to walk that treadmill so im pretty fucked
>>
>>29564989
>more motivated and have more energy...
SSRIs do the exact opposite. They also stop your dick working and stop you from enjoying anime, so I don't recommend them.
>>
My brother takes Prozac and gets withdrawals when he forgets to.
>>
>>29565196

me too buddy, i'm trying ( sitting around all day doing nothing ) to think of a way i can find meaning in my life without having to follow the regular rat race way of life garbage, i haven't came up with anything yet
>>
zoloft helped me, but i also got a job around that time, which forced me to get insane amounts of exercise. i'm sure the exercise and getting sunlight and having a schedule is what actually helped, but the zoloft did mute my depression a lot at first. i was crying and just entirely dysfunctional on a daily basis from my ex leaving me, and it helped me passed that hurdle enough to do some job interviews. unfortunately it all ended up horribly because i got hit by a car one day on my way home from work (on my motorcycle (rip)), which lost me my job and health and now i'm where i started but worse off because i have a gimp shoulder and thinking about that cunt every fucking moment of the day and no motivation i wanna die

well i got off track a bit but yeah it can help, but it won't make you help yourself. it'll just let just a tiny bit more light shine through at the end of that dark tunnel in your head, it's up to you to pursue it. it's also important to consider different antidepressants work better on different people, and the side effects universally suck although hmine were pretty minor on zoloft. just zombie feeling when i considered a positive over insane depression, hard as hell to cum/basically no libido, hard to sleep without a xanax
>>
OP here. Sounds like most of the experiences here are negative.

Somewhat related: I read good things about lithium orenate. Is that something I should try?
>>
Reading this thread as a 26 year old makes me realise how behind losers like us really are in terms of knowing what to do with ourselves. How you people feel in this thread was how i felt as well when i was 19-22. Now im 26 i now know what I would've and should've done when I was 22 or younger but that means shit all because im not at that age anymore
D
>>
>>29565330
to be fair the people who had positive experiences probably wouldn't be on r9k anymore... you should try them and see for yourself. they start you on really low doses
>>
File: skub.jpg (5 KB, 200x142) Image search: [Google]
skub.jpg
5 KB, 200x142
SSRIs can help a lot with anxiety, but you need a high dose. It might be a while before your doctor works your way up to it. I think 100mg of Zoloft is the right target for treating anxiety. Wait a few weeks for it to kick in before you give up on it. Once they've stabilized, SSRIs slow down your thoughts and calm you down, which both help you worry less.

With your depression, it's gonna be a hit or a miss. In the general population of depressed patients, SSRIs don't have much more success over a placebo, but they're effective for treating patients with severe depression.

There's lots of side effects to SSRIs though, which you should think about. It messes with your boner. I'd be jerking off for hours and hours but I just couldn't cum. I also got really sweaty all the time. I'd be completely drenched head to toe and I'd always stink of B.O., no matter how much deodorant I used.

There's a few other meds that might help you if Zoloft doesn't work out. St. John's Wort has been proven to be just as effective as other anti-depressants for both anxiety and depression, but with much less side effects. I didn't have any side effects while I was taking that, so maybe give that a try if you're not tolerating Zoloft well.

Your doctor might recommend benzos for your anxiety, so you should consider whether you can take them responsibly. Many people get hooked on them, because they make them feel normal for the first time in their whole lives and they want that to last forever. Once you're dependent on them, withdrawals can be very dangerous and you could die from a seizure if you don't see a professional. They'll sometimes keep you in the psych ward if they want to observe you and they'll safely lower your dose each day to minimize withdrawal.

Always talk to your doctor before making any changes to your med schedule. Psychiatrists are not your parents, so they're not just gonna get angry with you when you don't want to do what they tell you.
>>
>>29565301
>Causes car accidents

I-I think I'll pass ;--------;
>>
>>29565334
You posted this in another thread almost word for word. WTF

Also, I'm 25 so not sure what you're whining about.
>>
NEVER EVER take anti depressants they dull your brain

fix things in your life that make you depressed
>>
File: 1465960684429.png (21 KB, 1282x728) Image search: [Google]
1465960684429.png
21 KB, 1282x728
>>29565581
I cant see any point in waking up in the morning.

How do i fix that?
>>
>>29566620
Amphetamines and lots of them, desu. Works for me
>>
>>29565280
yeah iv been "trying" this for around 3 years

iv only found myself deeper in nihilism
>>
>>29565301
> got "depressed" from ex leaving me
you sound like a fucking normie tbqh
>>
Worst pill I've ever been prescribed.

Worse then metoclopramide,.pristique, cymbalta and diazepam
>>
Prozac helped my anxiety and depression massively and turned me into a chad, a few years of not taking them combined with weed and cocaine use has turned me back into an anxious and depressed wreck except this time I also have no personality or desire to get better.
>>
Antidepressants helped me a ton with anxiety, but not with depression. Also it's different for different people
>>
>>29567505
she was my only real gf... and we met online, when i hadn't been outside in months. it wasn't very normie, but i slowly became one with her. got friends, a job, hobbies, became a lolgymfag.but she just broke me. the few years together and living as a normal person were pretty great. guess this is my destiny though, i'm back to where i started, but now with a shitload of happy memories that just haunt the fuck out of me
>>
File: 1464296547924.png (577 KB, 501x535) Image search: [Google]
1464296547924.png
577 KB, 501x535
>>29565210
>and stop you from enjoying anime
what
>>
>>29564989
Took some for 3 months , stopped because it didn't do shit and made constantly tired
Listen to >>29565011
>>
>>29567558
>he doesn't like diazepam
ffffffffaggot
>>
>>29570454
Not him, but while benzodiazepines are fucking awesome, they also have an annoying tendency of completely ruining your life if you get addicted.

Anyway OP, SSRI's can work sometimes, but I feel like from everything I've heard, Zoloft is a shitty drug. Personally, a combo of Wellbutrin and gabapentin does a (relatively speaking) great job of helping with depression and anxiety for me. I still experience them heavily, but not as heavily as I did before. I don't think you could get the doctor to prescribe gabapentin to you though. Clonidine and Visteral work decently for anxiety in some people, a combo of Wellbutrin and one of those as a PRN might do okay.

Sorry to shill Wellbutrin so hard, but from what I've seen and experienced, it's comparatively a better antidepressant than all the SSRI's, there's just the issue that it won't help with anxiety at all.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.