[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do I suck at every artistic thing or hobby I try? The only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: Casio-SK-1.jpg (236 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Casio-SK-1.jpg
236 KB, 1600x1200
Why do I suck at every artistic thing or hobby I try? The only thing I was ever even decent at was being a dungeon master but even that i was average at and cant do for obvious reasons.

How do you get good at anything honestly
>>
>>29564860
do it a lot. you're probably not getting better because you keep switching from thing to thing.

it takes half a year of feeling like an idiot at anything of worth before you get over the very itty bitty first learning curve.
>>
>>29564860
>I try
you try that shit but dont stick with it every thing takes time anon dont just drop things stick with them good luck :D
>>
you might not be artistic senpai

retards will play the guitar all day everyday thinking one day they will be the next bon jovi but they just amass a load of technical skill and write garbage metal no one will listen too.

If you don't have the artistic edge then it might be worth it to try something more analytical. Just look at some of the basic producers for popular club songs. Half of them are not even overly technical, they just are artistic enough to make something a lot of people can enjoy.
>>
>>29564860
you don't

accept you'll always be shit and avoid the dissapointment
>>
File: 1432140193049.jpg (25 KB, 416x448) Image search: [Google]
1432140193049.jpg
25 KB, 416x448
>>29564876
Ignore this idiot. You'll waste half a year trying and achieve nothing.

Nobody becomes a master in a day, but if you have any talent at all you'll at least "get it" quite quickly. If you don't "get it" after a few days, you aren't going to.

Sure you could dedicate your entire life to it and maybe become mediocre at it after 30 years of endless effort. Is that what you want?

Think of some things you ARE good at, like playing video games. You didn't have to slog your guts out to get good at it, you were naturally talented. That's what playing the piano is like for someone naturally talented at it. Face up to the fact that you aren't and move onto something else.
>>
File: 1462773417128.png (55 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1462773417128.png
55 KB, 600x600
>>29564923
look at this big fucking baby
>piano too hard ;_; uguu me no talent
>me play bideo game it talent!!!! me pro bideo game purayer
>>
>>29564860
Okay faggot from one musician to another one it's all about how you plan out your practice. You need to find a something to start learning the basics for your instrument. You'll need to overload your short term memory so 20 min practice then 20 min of shitposting and do that for 3 hours EVERYDAY no excuses. You want to learn something new about your instrument everyday at least 1 thing or you're fucking up it could be learning how the inside of your instrument works and learning how to modify/repair it. You should also be training your ear to hear the differences in octaves find an app and put 10 minutes everyday in it. You're going to suck for the first 3 months and then you'll get past level 1. Apply this to any hobby you won't be considered good until you do at least a year of this. Any idiot can play an instrument I've seen fucking Abbos shred and they're petrol sniffing cunts why the fuck can't you do it?
>>
File: 1432145365186.jpg (12 KB, 257x204) Image search: [Google]
1432145365186.jpg
12 KB, 257x204
>>29564965
It's all true though. If you aren't naturally talented you aren't going to make it. I wanted to learn moonrunes but two weeks of that shit and I hadn't memorized a single hiragana. Meanwhile I rapidly improved at writing complicated windows batch scrips within hours of first trying, I understood it and it "clicked" immediately. Both are difficult, why did I succeed at one but fail at the other? Because learning moonrunes requires strong visual ability which I lack, whereas writing code doesn't. Some people will never ever be good at drawing, music, creative writing, etc because that part of their brain is shriveled or non-existent. Those are the facts of life.
>>
>>29564860
What did you tried?
You need to try different things - maybe you're not artist but talented sportsman. When doing something you shouldnt back away from hard work otherwise it's not for you.
>>
>tfw chad is instantly an expert at everything he tries
>>
>>29564860
When it comes to instruments, just practice. No one is good right off the bat.
>>
>>29565071
>Chad put 3 years of his life in the gym
>Is modest and tells no one of his efforts to be better
>Ignores the food and alcohol offered to him countless times to make gains
>Chad makes gains and fucks bitches because put work in
>GUISE Y AM I NOT CHAD :(
>>
>>29564923
The only natural talent a person has when it comes to music is an innate sense of beat and possibly perfect pitch. Nobody is born a virtuoso, they still have to pour thousands of hours of practice to be at their level. If OP practiced an instrument for 5 hours every single day I bet he would be awesome within a year.
>>
>>29565071
His father probably taught him the skills.
>>
>>29565105
What about Tyrone did his father teach him about stealing bikes?
>>
File: 1465851594733.png (192 KB, 388x388) Image search: [Google]
1465851594733.png
192 KB, 388x388
>>29565044
You're a wise man desu. If you're bad at something you need to practise, if you practise and you're still shit you need to give up desu.
>>
File: 1432144030530.jpg (35 KB, 371x720) Image search: [Google]
1432144030530.jpg
35 KB, 371x720
>>29565098
If he practiced every day he would obviously improve, but his improvement would be glacial compared to someone with talent and he would always be limited in how far he could get.

Perhaps "talent" is the wrong word here. I'm talking more about "anti-talent". The average person is not talented, but has the ability to learn and improve. On the other hand, most residents of this board have a severe case of anti-talent and lack that basic improvement ability.
>>
>>29565191
>>29565150
OP if you listen to these cucks you don't deseven the happiness of following up with your dreams and aspirations. These are the cucks who will tell you "no you can't". If you're physically and mentally healthy enough to move and think you're good.
>>
Reading this thread as a 26 year old makes me realise how behind losers like us really are in terms of knowing what to do with ourselves. How you people feel in this thread was how i felt as well when i was 19-22. Now im 26 i now know what I would've and should've done when I was 22 or younger but that means shit all because im not at that age anymore
Ff
>>
>>29564860
10,000 hours baby.

Nobody is ever happy with their current skill level, you've just got to keep on improving.
>>
>>29564923
>Think of some things you ARE good at, like playing video games. You didn't have to slog your guts out to get good at it, you were naturally talented.
Consuming a product can not be a talent, you fucking loser.
>>
>>29565191

There's literally no such thing as "natural talent." Natural talent is accrued practise and learning. People who are slow-going either aren't learning right or aren't dedicated to the learning process. Michealangelo was awful when he started out. Mozart was only able to sit down and write a symphony as a child because he spent every single hour of his young life leading up to it soaking up music theory.
>>
File: 1456128737004.png (14 KB, 514x514) Image search: [Google]
1456128737004.png
14 KB, 514x514
>>29564923
>>29565044
>I am a complete loser
>Let me give you advice to be just as miserable as me
I went to music school and what my teacher told us was that something like talent doesn't exist when it comes to playing an instrument. The greatest practiced a handful of hours each and every day to get where they are.
What you are saying is some really stupid advice, especially when learning an instrument is inherently frustrating at first.
OP, listen to this virgin weeb and you will have 0 skills and be miserable until the end of your life.

>I wanted to learn moonrunes but two weeks of that shit
>two weeks
Man you are an idiot.
>>
Talent is a meme, OP.
>>
>>29564860
Being a DM is so damn hard, I can't improv NPC dialogue for shit and I railroad the main plot points.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.