[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rich kid's rant. AMA.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 10
File: 1460974198208.jpg (95 KB, 850x640) Image search: [Google]
1460974198208.jpg
95 KB, 850x640
All right you guys. For reasons I can't be too specific about I was born rich. My father is a selfmade business tycoon, known by a lot of people where I come from. This might seem like bragging, it might very well be, but it's not my intention.

Since I don't feel comfortable talking about it with people I know, mostly because it would make me look like a twat, I thought I could just complain here, tell you the problems this brings up in my life and, just to make it fun for you guys, I'll answer whatever you want me too, if anything.

To begin with, ever since I realized my family was relevant, I started to notice how some of my friends only tried to have a friendship with me out of interest. Some just wanted to smoke my drugs, other just hung around to get free food because I usually don't really give it much thought when it comes to sharing my shit, basically because I know I won't run out. Some of my friend's dads have asked me for work when I was 14 and getting out of football practice. I have heard parents telling their kids to get along with me because of who I was (rather who my dad is, anyways). My best friend's mom is a single mother and an alcoholic, whenever she gets drunk I have to hear 20 minute monologues about how I can't understand how hard life is because I'm rich, how it will take me years to achieve the "street knowloedge" adversity makes you learn.

This are just the first few things that I could come up with. If you are interested I can go on, or just reply to whatever you guys wanna know. Either way, if you read this up to this point, thanks. I am aware a lot of you think this is nothing, and I know it is, but I guess when you never had real problems in life, even the tiniest problem is the biggest you ever faced.
>>
i feel empathy for you because i know you didn't choose that life and now shit you didn't ask for is being thrown in your face.
humans, and maybe this is a modern phenomena, like to think we have all the agency in the world.
but look at you, what agency do you have? you have no choice but to take shit like this from people because of how you were born.

you could sabotage your own life, but that isn't logical.
>>
>>29562953

Im pretty asocial so I would just live as a rich hermit or spend my life travelling. Have you considered changing your lifestyle to avoid the leeches in your life?
>>
>>29563017
Yea, this. I mean, I'm not even materialistic either. I live a modest life where even though I'm low income I sometimes dunno what the hell to even spend my money on. If I was rich I'd just never work anymore, have a small cozy house, and hermit all day.
>>
>>29562953
> My best friend's mom is a single mother and an alcoholic, whenever she gets drunk I have to hear 20 minute monologues about how I can't understand how hard life is because I'm rich, how it will take me years to achieve the "street knowloedge" adversity makes you learn.

but thats true op. Sorry, Im just a poorfag and I jelly but I really have no idea how you cant fix your life if you have money and don't have to wagecuck your soul for it

Its like the worst case of being a total failure, failing to win on the easymode

just buy yourself a sofa, invite some sluts and watch animu while enjoying other money demanding pleasures of life, its not that hard op
>>
>>29563017
I have. I'm actually contemplating that option constantly lately. I've had several girlfriends and a few good friends, but at this moment it has gotten to a point in which I can't really live a normal life because people end up finding about my background. A few weeks ago I was in a weed club (they are starting to be accepted in my country) just hanging out with a bunch of people I've met in the past few months in that place. Nobody knew shit about me, I felt quite integrated in the group. Then, some old woman from my hometown, 4 hours away by plane, entered the place, recognized me even though I didn't know who she was and basically shouted everything I was trying to keep from this guys while crying because my dad had helped her deceased husband with some shit (she was basically eating my ass for 20 minutes). After that day, I've realized that a few people have looked me up in google and know stuff about me I haven't mentioned. I'm seriously contemplating just buying a nice house somewhere in the mountains of my country, get a huge library and basically become a "cool" shut-in.

>>29562999
I never actually contemplated sabotaging my own life. It would be selfish for me to do so. But it would be too easy indeed.

>>29563062
You are right, in a way at least. I can see how from your perspective a person like me shouldn't have any problems being happy. And you are right, this is easymode in terms of survival.

But at the same time, I think the only reason people think money makes you happy is because people don't usually achieve that level of wealth. Once you get there (or you are born there) you realize that it makes life quite easier, but you can still live an unsatisfying life.

Either way, you are right, I have no excuse.
>>
>>29562953
Same op. All the kids always make fun of you for being rich. No wonder the greeks had the evil eye talismons to protect themselves from envious eyes.

Show me a pic of ur kitchen for proofs
>>
>>29562953
Kill yourself. I wish your narcissistic need for attention didn't get the (you)'s it has and will. Do you imagine the average anon cares about how you live? do you think that dispensing the same facts we already know about wealth and success will achieve something?

No, you just need somebody to pay attention to you, like stacey
>>
>>29563192
The best example I've found in popculture is that one episode of south park called "here comes the neighborhood". It sounds stupid, but I felt quite identified with him.

About the kitchen, it's nothing out of the extraordinary, but I do have my own flat in the middle of a big city. I know this is basically me asking you to believe some random guy on the internet, but I have friends who happen to lurk this site. I can't show my house.
>>
>>29563236
Reasonable answer. I am sure you only despise me because of the image I have given you in this post. I don't need anymore attention. I could get it on facebook anytime. I just wanted to talk to anons about it.

I get it, you have much bigger problems. No need to get so angry about it. It wasn't what I intended anyway.

Thanks for your input. Beneath the hatred in your message I know there is also some advice.
>>
Ex rich fag now poorfag here

To become rich takes 2-3 years 16 hours a day of dedication in anything.

No one is willing to make that commitment.

Just DO IT
>>
>>29563350
How did life change for you? How did it happen?
>>
>>29563285
My "advice" is this

Fuck off. You could of spoken, shitposted or whatever like everyone else. But no, you had to make a personal "all about me" thread because you're rich. You have shed, in part the veil of anonymity that renders posters equal. Because you wanted more. Namefags do it, stacey does it. That is why I despise you, I detest the need that drove you to make this thread. I hate you for craving the attention I'm giving you even now
>>
>>29563376
Again, I can see why you could feel that way. I don't expect you to come here and console me about anything. The only reason I brought it up is because it's necesary to understand why I find myself in those situations.

People complain about their problems here constantly. I just wanted to be able to say those things freely without the possible outcomes it could have if I discussed them with other people.

Anyway, I'm sorry you think this is just me craving attention.
>>
>>29562953
Have richfag father too.
Not certain what's causing you to vent but here's my rant.
What poorfags dont and will never understand is that you're born to people who have outworked and outsmarted their way to the top and expect their children to do the same.
Most of these kinds of parents are sociopath control freaks who need their offspring to be their personal racehorse. Push back and its psychologists if you're underage, lawyers if you're an adult.
All I'm hearing from you op is how you somehow have your parent's money and are tired of people liking you for it. If that's what causing you problems you need to realize you're delusional.
>>
>>29562953
I guess the main drawback of being rich is you can't really hide it. People are gonna see your house/mansion and they'll know. Plus, they'll probly even know your name.

See if you could somehow hide it I bet you could meet people who'd like you for your personality and not your money. Those people may be put off by your wealth while scumbags are attracted by it, as I'm sure you've noticed. I'm not talking about pulling the old "putting on peasant clothes" stunt, just about toning down everything that could reveal your wealth when approaching a completely new crowd of people and seeing how they'll react. Could be a good way to make genuine friends.

But if everyone knows your face that's gonna be next to impossible. Still, you may find people who've never heard of you but would like to get to know you.
>>
>>29563641
I know it is a trivial thing, but really, how do yo go through life knowing that nothing you'll ever do can be credited to your work. Knowing that people will make an effort to not disagree with you just in case.

The reason why I vent about it is because I know there are some guys in the same situation. I feel selfish when I pity myself for something I know makes me extremely lucky, but I really do spend time cavilating about it because it affects every friendship I have, one way or another.
>>
>>29563707
It's not like I can't go places unnoticed. I moved for uni so here it happens very rarely that somebody knows who I am out of nowhere. And I can keep up the scharade quite well when meeting new people. But it's something you can't really hide. I would have to basically make up a believable life-story and stick with it forever.
>>
>>29563789
>you'll ever do can be credited to your work
this I understand
but it isn't entirely false though
whatever I become, it's objectively because my family gave me the opportunity for it
why should others be unjustified in using you as an opportunity when already have it
you need to accept that this is a part of you and that people will value you for it
cut people who want to use you for your money entirely, even if that leaves you alone
genuinely start showing that you live a lifestyle they could attain
spend what someone of modest means would spend
why would your friends be justified with using you when you live as modestly if not more modestly than them
I live with 500 a month when most of my friends routinely complain about min wage (over 1k) not covering their expenses (the figures are for comparision here). Friends asking me to pitch in just because I'm supposedly wealthier stopped fast.
>>
>>29563641
This is a more legitimate thing to have a problem with. Being your father's stand-in, the replacement expected to preform to a minimum standard that you are unlikely to have been raised to meet.

Sure the expectation, the demand is there. But when you've never had to work for anything in your life how can you be expected to act with the same ruthlessness of a man who has torn everything he owns from life's unwilling hand?
>>
>>29563062
If you had what he had without trying you would quickly lose interest as well.

Human beings need a purpose and goal as much as they need food, or water.
>>
> AMA

I HOPE YOUR BALLS ARE CUT OFF WITH RUSTY SPOONS YOU PIECE OF TRASH
>>
>>29563935
Thanks for the advice, anon. It makes sense. I could try to live in a modest way and probably half of the people I worry about would just leave. I should give it some thought and see how can I apply it in my own life.

>>29563992
That's quite common. In my case it's no different. I have been "groomed" to be my dad's replacement. ever since I was 15 I basically follow my dad whenever I'm home to learn from him. It's quite standard.
>>
>>29562953
Money turns anyone into chad, get the FUCK off of my board.
>>
>>29562953
OP I kind of understand.

For a long time I was ugly, and after working out and getting my hygiene in check, I'm drowning in whore attention.

It's just so boring. I used to dream about getting lots of bitches. Now that I have them, I realize how vapid and idiotic the majority of them end up being.
I don't know how people do it.
>>
This just fruthers the theory that r9k is infected by normies.
What's next?
>>
>>29563992
>you've never had to work for anything in your life
>unlikely to have been raised to meet
kek
it's wishful thinking on your part that children of the rich are intrinsically weak and incapable
I don't know about op but kids like me are the ones you hear about committing suicide because of failure in studies/work
you don't win races you're worthless
my friends from modest parents gets away with taking a loan for decent degree
>>
File: 2rTvdX.png (8 KB, 479x518) Image search: [Google]
2rTvdX.png
8 KB, 479x518
>>29562953

Are you the God Emperor's son? Your dad is my husbando.
>>
>>29564013
>Human beings need a purpose and goal as much as they need food, or water.
Yeah, and if you have a shitload of money, and you're not a massive retard like the OP, you can set attainable goals in various creative or altruistic areas of human endeavor. So fuck off.
>>
File: 1441436464781.jpg (45 KB, 460x645) Image search: [Google]
1441436464781.jpg
45 KB, 460x645
>>29562953
>look at me, I have so much money, I have fame, people give me attention and generally like me, this makes me soo sad
>Oh no, I can't live this what am I going to do with all this money ? Stop envying me, ugh. I'm going to sabotage myself
>Oh, everyone is soo swallow, people don't get me. I want deep meaningful relationships, I will never understand true human connection

Awesome. I bet your life really sucks, the problems that you have to face everyday are really horrible.
If you're such a great person and as rich as you claim why not give me some of that money ? You seem to dislike it anyway.
>>
>>29564092
>husbando
yeast farmer detected
>>
>>29564055
>>29564073
Sorry guys, the door guy let us in. I find it peculiar how much you detest having someone you don't consider of your own in this board when 90% of the posts are about feeling lonely. Seems a bit counterproductive.
>>
I'm a NEET hermit that lifts in his dungeon. I'd like a few million dollars so I can build a big house in a nice area with a big expensive gym.
>>
>>29563191
Easterlin Paradox
>>
>>29562953
Thats why you dont be friends with fucking poorfags dude. Be friends with people of your own social status
>>
>>29564112
What "creative or altruistic" endeavors do you have?

And frankly, the idea that you know better than OP about his own life is laughable. Have you ever had to go a day without thinking about your future?
Imagine if all the pressure you have just left. No college, no job, no bills, no nothing. You wouldn't know what to do.
>>
>>29563376
I like you, you're funny
>>
>>29564183
>What "creative or altruistic" endeavors do you have?
None because I'm fucking poor.
>>
>>29564198
I'll let you take a guess what would happen if you won the lottery or otherwise ran into OPtier money
>>
>>29564183
>You wouldn't know what to do.
No, a retard wouldn't know what to do.
>>
File: 45685354786541.jpg (56 KB, 641x720) Image search: [Google]
45685354786541.jpg
56 KB, 641x720
>>29564055
>Money turns anyone into chad
>>
>>29563789
This isn't worth complaining about op, drop it. You're privileged to even be concerned about such a trivial matter.
>>
>>29564208
I have a pretty damn long list of things I'd do. Or do you think I'd somehow get an instant lobotomy and become a moron like the OP?
>>
>>29564141
Kys you rich brat
>>
>>29563789
You could try cutting your hands off to handicap yourself.
>>
>>29564209
>>29564229
And yet somehow both of you shitpost on /r9k/ and have trouble with basic human interaction

oh the ironing
>>
>>29564246
>>29564209
>>29564229
stfu you fags and stop arguing. You're ruining the beautiful sight of this rich white boy whining over nothing.
>>
>>29564246
What trouble, mongoloid?
>>
>>29564183
>the idea that you know better than OP about his own life is laughable.
>Imagine if all the pressure you have just left. No college, no job, no bills, no nothing. You wouldn't know what to do.

The hypocrisy in this post is disgusting, but let's analyze it anyway:

>no college
I hate college
>no job
Awesome, I don't look forward to having a job
>no bills
Check yourself for brain damage at this point
>no nothi-
Stop right there. Not having to worry about money lets you do a lot of things, you have more free time and the resources to experiment anything there is.
>bbb-ut muh human connections
You can have that as well, you can have everything humans can experience if you have money.
A person stuck in a dead end job with an average salary won't have the same opportunities, what the fuck are you talking about ?
If you are rich and incapable of finding things to enjoy maybe you should seriously consider suicide.
>>
File: 1466892130579s.jpg (4 KB, 125x93) Image search: [Google]
1466892130579s.jpg
4 KB, 125x93
>>29563789
>how do yo go through life knowing that nothing you'll ever do can be credited to your work. Knowing that people will make an effort to not disagree with you just in case.

You are a normie faggot, not because you are rich, but because you care what others think. On you place I would do whatever I want and live to spite normies while delivering pleasure from their jelousy. Here have a Pepe as an inspiration what to thrive to be.
>>
>>29564263
holy fuck just shutup and drop this petty argument you're taking space away from interesting convo, no one gives a fuck about yall
>>
>>29563191
Don't. Just work hard and when you get the bank move far enough away people won't recognize you. Don't throw away the opportunities you have but live by your own accord. Move to another state/country and just lay low on a half decent job for a while and then during that time you'll be able to form fresh relationships with people without revealing who you are. Think Rachel Zayne in Suits, she doesnt cut ties with her Dad at all but she lives and works independently of him so she can form her own friends and relationships without feeling people are using her. Don't get too worked up about it. Try playing games online, anonymity means you dont need to reveal anything you don't want to. Meaning you can form friends who only know you for your character / personality. Worth a shot imo but your life. Best of luck
>>
>>29564263
Pretty materialistic way to look at life. Are you telling me that the only thing you need to be happy in life is money? Nobody is that shallow.
>>
>>29564279
Nice rebuttal, faggot.
>>
>>29564272
/thread.

orig..
>>
>>29562953
So I like to day dream a lot and sometimes your problem comes up in my head. In my day dreams I rent out a room in some persons house down in the suburbs and just kinda chill out in a small town meeting the locals and making friends with them. When they ask for backstory I just tell them I needed to get away from it all and focus on myself
>>
>>29564263
You don't know what you're talking about, kid.

Maybe when you grow up and quit saying shit like
>i hate college
You'd realize people have it worse than your autistic ass

OP's problems stem from a lack of drive and a difficulty making meaningful relationships with other people. It's the same shit the rest of /r9k/ "feels" about all the time. It's probably too much for the spergs here to realize that.
>>
File: 1464882244927.jpg (518 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1464882244927.jpg
518 KB, 900x900
>>29562953
>"street knowloedge"
Bullshit retards and poor people make up to console themselves.

That being said, shut the fuck up. You're rich. Go do something else, guy. You have no reason to be here. Go be happy or something.

Take your money to an area where people don't know you and chill the fuck out.
>>
>>29562953
Travel. If you have one good friend that you feel you can trust-like he would be your friend anyway-bring him. Then you can go to all sorts of fucked up places not just tourist traps. Do that for a few years. Hopefully you have one real friend because you need someone to look out for you and, believe it or not you need someone to look out for. Shared experiences and such. That's what I would do anyhow.
>>
>>29564285
I never said that. Seriously now, are you literally mentally challenged ? Do you have reading comprehension problems ?

Not having to worry about money lets you concentrate on non-materialistic things. Having to spend time at your job and worry about bills doesn't improve your life or opportunities to have meaningful experiences in any way, it's actually detrimental to both of those.

>>29564317
I never claimed OP isn't a robot, you dumb fuck. You're just spewing bullshit for the sake of arguing now.
Also if OP actually spent time with people of his own social status who don't care about his money maybe he'd have better chances at making real friends

"Maybe when you grow up and quit saying shit like
>i hate college
You'd realize people have it worse than your autistic ass"
Of course they do. Look at you for example, if I was as retarded as you are I'd probably kill myself, to be honest.
>>
>>29562953
Hey there OP, even if I'm not well-off financialky, I can still relate to your post. I used to buy my friends lunch with what money I did have (small things like muffins or fruit), there were also times when my family had the newest game consoles and I had classmates who wanted to come over to play it.

I'm not implying my situation was anywhere near to the extent that yours is, but my point is that I think it's only natural for people to want something if you openly have it to offer, regardless of your situation or status.

Also, all those people who tell you how you won't be able to "understand how hard life is" and needing to learn "street" "knowledge" are full of shit and acting out of jealousy. You shouldn't be sheltered and delusional of course, but everyone has problems regardless of where they stand, and people don't ever have 100% control over their life situation. The people who say these things are usually bitter with jealousy, and are reversely sheltered in there own beliefs of thinking they are the only ones who have it tough.

If you can get by and be successful, without doing harm or taking advantage/manipulating people, then don't worry about it and be grateful you are able to do so.
>>
File: 1466312077723.jpg (27 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1466312077723.jpg
27 KB, 400x400
>>29562953
can you buy me things anon-kun? :^)
>>
>>29564368
You are very angry and autistic anon.

You wouldn't happen to be a manlet, would you?
>>
>>29564411
>everyone has problems regardless of where they stand
Yeah, I bet those children at the orphanage who'll be kicked out when they turn 18 have problems that can be compared to OP's.
Nah, actually OP's emotional period whining is worse than what other people go through. Cause you know, people are shallow and shit, makes me cri every time and go to my safe space.
>>
OP, what is your favorite thing to do? If you have interests of hobbies, spend your time and money perusing them. Maybe you can invent something or provide some service that will really help people. Don't you want to help people in anything with your money? Are you interested in any charitable causes? Like saving animals or rebabiltiating people, or educating kids ect.?
>>
>>29564451
Oh, no. I got kekked by the dumb fuck who couldn't come up with a coherent argument.
He even called me a manlet, what am I going to do now ?
>>
>>29564475
Interests or hobbies
Edit
>>
>>29564475
>OP, what is your favorite thing to do?
Whining like a little bitch about how bad he has it instead of trying to integrate into groups of people with the same social status.
>>
>>29564460
What point are you trying to make exactly?
I'm not denying that people have worse problems, but that doesn't mean OP should feel guilty because he doesn't have to deal with them.

There's no sense in comparing yourself to others. You do what you can with what you have, just like anyone else, it's not a matter of it being easier or more difficult.
>>
Have you considered changing your name so that you could live a normal life?
>>
>>29564503
The thing is, this: he has so many opportunities and resources at his hand and he is too apathetic to make any use of them. In a world where so many people are suffering its almost a crime not to at least try to help. I mean, you could be lazy and selfish, but you would hate yourself for it. And that's probably OPs problem. He may have bad self esteem, because deep down he knows he could be doing good for others but he doesn't care if want to enough.
>>
>>29564221
>>29564183
>>29564272
>>29564281
>>29564316
>>29564317
>>29564339
>>29564343

I was expecting the shilling I got. Regardles of that, which is a natural response, I'm thankful for the advice i got in between. You are right. It's not a real reason to complain. And looking for any kind of simpathy here might have been a bit too optimistic.

>>29564411
I see what you are saying. And I kinda needed to know that it's something that happens to everyone, regardles of their status, in some way or another.

>>29564475
I do some volunteer work on a biweekly basis in a foster home. Asides from that I have the same hobbies much of us have. Videogames, movies, animals, books. I would like to take on some new hobbies. I have a small comic shop close by and they play some roleplaying game with cards, don't know which, and they seem to have fun when I walk by. I'm thinking about joining them one day, see how it is.

>>29564503
I'm aware of the implications of dealing with people of the same social status. I know you don't give two flying fucks, but I'm sure you wouldn't enjoy hanging out with elite either.
>>
>>29564519
Of course he shouldn't feel guilty, but he seems to be creating his own problems. He has a toxic view on people with lesser social statuses, it's really hard to believe that absolutely every person that he's interacted with is swallow and materialistic, that can't be.

>>29564549
Fine, the elite is shit as well, I can understand that. You have all the resources at your hand, move to another place where people don't know you and this time try to actually hide your background properly.
And don't forget to give me some money on the way out, just because.
>>
>>29564549
Well don't you feel good about helping the Foster kids? Or wouldn't it make you feel good enough to donate to your favorite youtubers or whatever media you want to flourish? I don't see why you wouldn't be happy if you could do those things. What do you think is missing?
>>
>>29562953
dich them all and pursue greatness op, the fags told their kids to get in your sweet side to get some dosh, prove them wrong.
>>
>>29564608
op is not a checkbook.
>>29564549
enjoy your money dude, why would you donate to some asshole when you can use it to become the asshole everyone donates to?
>>
>>29564608
It's something I enjoy doing, which totally defies the purpose of being a volunteer, but yeah, I feel good about myself afterwards when I go there. And it's a cool idea, I could look into activities I care about and use my money in a decent way.

>>29564633
Now I only need to define greatness, but yeah, sounds like a comforting option.
>>
>>29564723
If you love doing it it doesn't defy the purpose of being a volunteer. Idk, what you mean by that I don't really get what you meant. But ya, I think that's a good idea because those kinda things where you help people make is so you gain connection to others and then with that connection you will feel more known, valued, appreciated, community ect. Those psychological needs that may be unfulfilled if you are unhappy.
>>29564657
Obviously he is not a checkbook. But in my opinion helping people is one way to feel like you are living a good life. If he genuine doesn't feel up to it then ok, he should do something else, but come on, if I were him I would want someone to tell me to do that. Idk.
>>
>>29564830
Never mind, you had a typo and meant defines not defy.
>>
File: 675ce0905285b0a721a63a02.jpg (261 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
675ce0905285b0a721a63a02.jpg
261 KB, 1000x1333
>>29562953
At least you have the capacity to understand why people 'befriend' you.
I envy your money, not your life. More opportunity is always preferable, hence why you have these people latch onto you. Then again, everyone befriend each other out of convenience of varying degrees. Unconditional love does not exist.
>>
File: Picture of me 5.png (285 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Picture of me 5.png
285 KB, 480x480
I don't know what to tell you, OP. I guess I feel you when you say that everyone treats you differently. It must feel alienating that you're living such a different life from everyone else. My parents used to abuse me and whenever I'd go to school I'd always feel really lonely, because nobody there could understand what I was going through I guess. I've learned to just push all my problems deep down inside and try to keep them from everybody, even myself.

I don't know what I am anymore. I don't feel like I'm anybody, really. I sit inside my room for the majority of each day. I don't have anybody to really talk to anymore, I'm all by myself. I don't have any money left. I'm lying in my own filth and it just piles up more each day. You'd think my situation would make me feel at least a bit sad or a bit angry, but I can't say I really feel anything at all.

I don't really feel human. Other people seem to express emotions a lot, but I don't really feel what they seem to be feeling. They also seem like they're actively "participating", for lack of a better word, in the world around them. They're involved with things, they care about issues, they have opinions on all sorts of stuff, etc. Myself though, I feel like I'm just sitting in a room and watching a movie that flashes quickly through my life. I don't really feel like I'm in the driver's seat, so I don't really have much to care about or have any sentiments towards.

I don't know if anyone can relate, I just wanted to share.
>>
>>29565076
That lack of empathy for other people's feelings is quite common, you are not alone. It's just that some people cover it better than others
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.