[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /IBS/ here? Shits ruined my life, familia, literally.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.png (567 KB, 590x587) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
567 KB, 590x587
Who /IBS/ here?

Shits ruined my life, familia, literally.

>hour long bus ride to elementary/middle/highschool filled with pain
>like someone stabbing my intestines with a knife
>teachers didnt care, wondered why i couldnt focus in class

>years later on a road trip with bros to a concert
>im driving when it hits me hard
>have to pull over and shit in a mc donalds for a hour
>leave still in pain because concert
>awkward atmosphere there
>i miss a good chunk of the show in the bathroom

>just now
>trying to sleep so i can go hiking tomorrow
>hits me as hard as it ever has
>covered in sweat on the toilet
>shaking and nauseated from the pain
>wondering if I want to risk going hiking...
>>
Little bitch syndrome
>>
I had similar symptoms for several years, have you tried isolating different causes in your diet? It could be worsened by certain food.
>>
IBS-C and D here, D is triggered by anxiety. The shit has crippled my life, I don't even go outside anymore. Was one of the main reasons I dropped out of college. I kept missing class because it would wait until the last possible second to trigger. I'd spend 20+ minutes in the bathroom and after I thought I was done I would have to go right back in for another 20.

It's been happening since I first went to school, so I must have been around 6 years old or so. It's so ingrained in me now that my body just involuntarily wants to shit anytime I have to do anything outside. I have to drop everything to go to a bathroom. The chronic constipation probably adds to the severity, I only shit maybe once a week.
>>
I have IBS and take meds for it. Still sometimes get that stabbing pain. Did you see a doctor about it, did he help you?
>>
I've never been officially diagnosed, but I'm almost certain I have IBS as well. The only thing that helps me is to take anti-diarrhoeal pills slightly in advance of any event I know will trigger my anxiety, which so far has worked pretty well.

I'm very worried about my IBS getting worse over the course of my life, because I've read that that happens to some people. I'm not sure I'd want to keep living if it got so bad my anti-diarrhoeal pills stopped working.
>>
>>29562995
Doctors will diagnose you with IBS at the drop of a hat, and in my experience they're not going to be fixing it either. Maybe in a couple years a miracle will happen and they'll come up with a breakthrough cure, but for now we'll probably just have to suffer and die of colon cancer.
>>
Sounds fucking bad OP, you definitely need to try to get some meds or work out your diet or something.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.