[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is smoking weed as good as getting drunk?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
I've never smoked weed, but I've gotten drunk a few times. I'm feeling like weed isn't as fun or intense as getting drunk, because I know people who get high literally every 3 hours. Is it really that nice if people do it every day?
>>
>>29561203
it can be yes, try it out for yourself and figure it out
>>
weed is very much a personal/ personality preference thing. and it's effects differ greatly from alcohol.
>>
It's better than being drunk by a lot. You're not all impaired like when you're drunk and there's no hangover.
I'm high every second of the day because life is unbearable without that wonderful feeling.
>>
>>29561225
What does it feel like? I like alcohol because I like the confidence boost it gives me.
>>
>>29561233
Can you explain what it feels like?
>>
>>29561236
It feels like you're a cloud, peacefully drifting to the cupboard to feast upon bountiful snacks
>>
>>29561236
again. weeds effects are very nuanced and can effect different people differently. alcohol is a straight forward drug. you know exactly what it's going to do and how it's going to make you feel in any given circumstance.
There are also so many different types of weed so the variables increase even greater.
But the general feeling is just a feeling of pleasure, happiness and contentment. Everything will feel like it's slowed down considerably and you will tend to start thinking a lot deeper about everyday regular things.
>>
>>29561266
Everything kind of has a spinny feeling, your mood is really uplifted, you don't feel all dumb like you do when you're drunk, everything has a slightly trippy feel to it, sensations are increased,
>>
>>29561307
also stuff like music, movies and video games become 10x more immersive.
If you played fallout while really stoned you will literally feel like you're in that world and absolutely lose your shit if you get attacked by something. everything is intensified.
>>
>>29561203
no it will make u go crazy and/or get fat eating all the doritos at 7/11 just do shots with me broseph
>>
>>29561203
I only ever had one nice high where I felt tingly and euphoric. The few dozen other times my mind get twisted like I was having a mental breakdown. Who knows what weeds I was being offered though. Synthetic was cool because it made me invincible at video games.
>>
>>29561381
>synthetic
absolute trash
you should be ashamed of yourself for posting.
>>
A lot of people would say it is, many would say it isn't. Weed gives a lot of people anxiety.
>>
>>29561236
Depends what your tolerance is, what strains you're doing, and how you do it. Dabs, hash, buds and edibles all feel a bit different. Joints, bongs and vapes all have different effects too.
When I first started smoking it was mostly out of pieces and bongs, and the high was amazing. For the first half hour or so it was like being in a dream world, being happy all the time and everything just seemed better. Shows were funnier, visuals were more interesting, and I thought very deeply on whatever it was I was doing. It was easy to lose track of time for a bit and zone out. For the next hour is lie there, listen to music, and cycle through every thought and dream is ever had at ridiculous speeds, while feeling the music course through my body. It was great. As I stated doing it more often, the "magical" feeling ststted going away. Towards the end of my stoner days it was kind of like dulling myself from the outside world and focusing only on what was in my head. All emotions were dull and I felt mentally slower but it was still better than being sober. I could zone out for long periods of time and feel totally fine with not being productive at all, and nothing was boring. I'd also forget most of what was going on, so no matter how shitty work was it didn't really feel like I had fully experienced it. I stopped about a month ago, hoping a long tolerance break would bring back at least some of the "magic" feeling I used to get before. We'll see. Overall it's better than alcohol and you can function pretty normally on it once you bud up a tolerance. Most of my coworkers couldn't even tell I was constsntly high, and neither could my parents
>>
I notice 4chan is now running ads for kraktom. Any robots done this before?
>>
File: 1463679868066.jpg (64 KB, 479x358) Image search: [Google]
1463679868066.jpg
64 KB, 479x358
>>29561381
Synthetic fucks with your brain.
I smoked spice once and I've never felt the same since. Wouldn't recommend it to anybody.
>>
>>29561437
It was legal tho.
>>29561394
It's just 200 times more trippy. I had aural hallucinations the first time, and felt like I was far away somewhere that I couldn't remember and stuff. You not a psychonaught?
>>
>>29561397
as someone with anxiety, my belief is that weed does not actually cause anxiety out of nowhere, but it simply intensifies any situation which can then turn into anxiety by having something revealed to you.
>>
>>29561481
Honestly spice never did that stuff to me. Salvia though...
I've done my share of psychedelics
>>
File: 1454985914501.png (236 KB, 780x597) Image search: [Google]
1454985914501.png
236 KB, 780x597
>>29561330
>also stuff like music, movies and video games become 10x more immersive.
>If you played fallout while really stoned you will literally feel like you're in that world and absolutely lose your shit if you get attacked by something. everything is intensified.
Shooters are really intense when you're baked out of your mind
>be me in my sophemore year of HS
>recently started consistently smoking weed
>smoking some sour diesel, decided to play sniper elite v2 multiplayer
>it's a hardcore server
>lie in wait with perfect concealment, no scope glint to worry about or anything
>take my time to place shots, control my breath IRL(i actually do long range shooting, so i've had practice with it)
>shitloads of kills and no deaths
>finally it happens
>out of the corner of my eye, catch movement from a couple hundred meters away
>BLAM
>jerk my head back in terror, fall out of my chair and rip my headset out of my PC
>when the round is over I only died once more, 10:1 K:D(20:2)
>Got called a hacker and banned from the server
>>
>>29561236
Weed does the same for me. Me and a couple of my friends were smoking and they were surprised I started talking a lot, one of em told me to stfu.
>>
>>29561417
I used to do heroin. Now im addicted to kratom. Its like a painkiller but very weak. It even has withdrawals
>>
I have no weed because I have to go through normalfags to smoke it and they always want me to smoke with them.
>>
I work out high. Its the fucking best.
>>
>>29561233
>I'm high every second of the day because life is unbearable without that wonderful feeling.
Nice crutch copecuck.
>>
>>29561236

To me, taking a fat dip of chewing tobacco and having the nicotine high hit you like a truck + being drunk while at the same time being able to control your actions is the best way I can describe it.

It's really hard to describe. Some strains KO me REALLY hard and when I close my eyes I can see slight visuals via imaging patterns and shit. That happens VERY rarely, however.
>>
>>29561399
That sounds all well and good, but as a UK fag, how do I come about getting some? I
>>
>>29561760
I've heard of smoking weed after working out but not before a workout. Do you work out more while high or feel more accomplished?
>>
>>29561236
Depends on the person

Smoking weed for me gives me horrible anxiety and it feels like my entire world is ending
>>
>>29561783

To follow up, if you notice your heart racing, stop fucking doing that and get your mind off of that. You WILL induce yourself into a panic attack.

That was the biggest problem I had when I started out. One of my friends calmed me down by saying "you're probably going to die, just relax and enjoy what time you have left". I don't know how that worked, but it did.

Panic attacks are the absolute worst. I remember doing my first dab and going to a 1000/10 and thinking my heart was going to burst from my chest. It's just all in your head. The best way to get your mind off of a weed induced panic attack is to simply just....masturbate honestly.

I quit a couple months back, kinda want to start back up, but nah.
>>
>>29561236
Weed can give you a confidence boost as well. I always smoke weed before a ghetti and i always have a great time. Im not the life of the party by any means, but i feel much more comfortable around people then i woukd have while sober. You can also get faded by getting drunk and smoking weed, ive never had a bad experience personally and when i have been faded i dont wake up with a hangover so thats a plus
>>
plants have a kind of consciousness of their own

the psychoactive drugs in weed are a reflection of that consciousness.

it is a way for the plant to communicate with animals. it's a connection to the world through the plant.
but the plant also has its own agenda.
it's also been bred according to a human agenda and that affects the experience.

the benefit of smoking is too subtle for most people to realize. It's mostly completely detrimental to almost everyone. They're just like "FUGGG MANNN WAAT".

Don't smoke until after you're experienced in thoroughly investigating your consciousness without any kind of drug.
>>
>>29561496
For the record, there's alot of different types of fake weed. Some cause kidney failure, others are almost like normal weed, an sometimes your dealer sprays too much on the damiana leaves and your brain is kill. Our dealer would actually spray melted sleepipills in there too.
>>
>>29561834
Fuck off you pseudo intellectual cunt.
>>
Can I smoke small amounts of Datura ground up into cigarettes instead?
>>
>tfw smoke a fucking ton of bud all day, go to the weedmans house do some dabs, walk home smoke some more and lie down in bed and shut my eyes
>my two friends are sitting in my room talking
I truly believed that I had died and that I was listening to God
>>
>>29561633
that's some Gregor shit my man
>>
>>29561834

been hittin the pipe there a little too hard buddy
>>
File: 420blazeit.jpg (11 KB, 625x383) Image search: [Google]
420blazeit.jpg
11 KB, 625x383
It turns all your bad feelings into good feelings
It's a nightmare!
you don't want no part of this shit
>>
Watching anime while high is the best desu
>>
>>29562468
this, i love colorful anime like NGNL, ones with awesome animation like Gurren Lagaan and comedies like PSG & Konosuba when stoned
>>
>>29561236
For me, it makes me very anxious. My heart starts pounding hard as fuck in my chest, and I get irrationally scared over everything.

I had a way better experience on lsd than with the times I've smoked weed.
>>
>>29563587
Xanax & Weed are like Peanut Butter & Jelly

best combo and will mellow you out rather than all that anxious shit, Codeine w Weed is good as well
>>
>>29562468
You get so into the stories it's great
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.