[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have any tips on doing normal social interaction?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: Cate-Hall.jpg (96 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
Cate-Hall.jpg
96 KB, 640x427
Does anyone have any tips on doing normal social interaction?
>>
No.

292929459403 fuck off robot
>>
>>29560301
Just try to be yourself. Origami
>>
File: 116.gif (162 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
116.gif
162 KB, 300x100
>>29560301

Even if it's a big deal, it's not a big deal because you don't give a single shit. Rinse and repeat.
>>
File: test.jpg (107 KB, 499x700) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
107 KB, 499x700
>>29560301

Just in case you are serious about social interaction

http://www.selfstairway.com/wp-content/uploads/First-Impressions.pdf
>>
>>29560301

Study primate and other animal behavior. "The Territorial Imperative" might be of some use.
>>
>>29560414
I sure am, anon
>>
>>29560301

Well, easier said than done but, learn to stop giving a shit. People can sense when you're nervous, and it affects the way you interact with people. If you're constantly worried that the other person will think bad things about you, or tell you to eat shit and die, then you've already lost. I couldn't tell you how to get to that point. I'm working on it myself.

If your problem isn't anxiety related, then I have no advice for you.
>>
>>29560437
>study animal behaviour to learn how to interact with other human beings
Stupid atheist.
>>
File: 047 - OogSeSK.jpg (163 KB, 1260x1634) Image search: [Google]
047 - OogSeSK.jpg
163 KB, 1260x1634
>>29560301
Look approachable.

It helps to smile mildly, even if it's a fake.

Your style also effects things a lot. In college I often wore underground metal shirts and had long hair and looked bored/angry most of the time. After realizing I had to lose my virginity I got a shorter haircut, started wearing plain t-shirts, and lightly smiled more when making casual eye contact with strangers. The difference was huge, mostly girls and older adults would strike up conversation with me from time to time.

Looking approachable is one thing, but you have to actually feel some need to socialize in order to do it normally. I've been in social situations where I could've been the most interesting person in the room and have gotten laid with a girl trying to strike up conversation with me, but because sometimes I feel miserable, anti-social, or just in a thinking mood, the social situation will flounder as I exude a subtle attitude that negates the chemistry of conversation.
>>
>>29560714
>you have to actually feel some need to socialize in order to do it normally
that sounds no different than "just be yourself", although that confirms that a negative mind cant do shit.
>>
File: gaucho.png (88 KB, 890x670) Image search: [Google]
gaucho.png
88 KB, 890x670
>>29560714
>Your style also effects things a lot.

>college education
>doesn't know the difference between effect and affect
>>
File: 1464127623116.png (374 KB, 471x476) Image search: [Google]
1464127623116.png
374 KB, 471x476
I've been called a really funny guy by a lot of people I know. It's usually the first thing people will notice about me. But it wasn't always like that. I actually used to be extremely unfunny and lack lustre.

At first I tried to force humour by learning a bunch of jokes and shit. That didn't help at all. What I learned was that the only way to truly funny is to be able to improvise on the spot. Now I know that's pretty much "jus b urslf" advice but there's really no other way to be funny. Practising being funny (and failing a bunch) is probably the only way to really become funny. It really is all about practice.

The only genuinely solid piece of advice I can give you is

>1. When trying to be funny what's important isn't what IS said but HOW it's said.
two people can make the exact same joke to the exact same people but the one who's going to get the most responses is the one that tells it better. Again, there's no real method of telling jokes, you just have to keep trying and adapt yourself to know what tone of voice is better for what situation and how to move your body when telling the joke and what pitch of voice you need to use

>2. If you try to tell a joke about something the other person doesn't know anything about then they're not going to find it funny, no matter how funny you find it.
Often times you'll actually come off as autistic in this way. I've seen it happen more times than I can count. If I love game of thrones and they don't then trying to make a joke about something that happens in the show will be completely pointless if they haven't watched it themselves. The same thing applies to general interests. If I'm interested in horse riding and the other person isn't then it's going to be a lot more difficult to garner results

>3. Pick a style of humour and stick to it
Are you le whacky funny guy? I've seen those and they're some of the funniest guys you'll meet. Le quick wit guy? Le dirty joke man? Le self deprecating humour guy? List goes on.
>>
>>29560301
You see the key is to get into football and get brain concussions the retarded Iq is perfect for undertanding social constructs
>>
>>29560301
Find common interests and develop new interests. Ask questions about things you dont know and be sure to have answers ready for the things you do.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.