[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"oh but he was smiling a lot when he was with us"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 3
File: robin_williams7.jpg (181 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
robin_williams7.jpg
181 KB, 620x412
>"oh but he was smiling a lot when he was with us"

>he never mentioned anything about wanting to kill himself this is such a shock

>I mean he was even around people

Are normies seriously this autistic?
>>
Yes... Yes they are.

A truly suicidal person wont let on that they are suicidal.
>>
>>29559773
nobody who has ever been depressed has claimed to be depressed. the moment you hear someone talk about that shit you already know they are a normie retard.
>>
>Worth millions of dollars
>any bitch he wants
>still fucks it up

lmao normies
>>
>>29559773
Robin Williams was suffering from progressively worsening Parkinson's, not depression.
>>
>>29560041
>>A truly suicidal person wont let on that they are suicidal.

that also is a myth
you can become so jaded that you will joke on the topic like its nothing
>>
>>29560079

There are exceptions for almost everything. I was speaking generally.
>>
>>29560079
Yeah if you're a fucking tumblrette that likes subtly throwing shit like that out there for attention
Anyone with a brain would know to keep it secret
>>
>>29560060
You must have completely maxed out your edge levels
>>
>diagnosed with depression
>try to talk to my dad about it
>gets combative and defensive and tells me that i should just kill myself if i'm really depressed
>pretend to not be depressed about him
>he tells me i don't have depression because i seem happy now
>>
>>29560074
Yeah. Those SSRI have nothing to do with suicide, even though they make depressed people suicidal.

You fucking tool.
>>
>>29560041
this mental health myth has been dispelled so many times by psychiatrists, therapists, and psychologists, yet normies still believe it

It lets them convince themselves that they couldn't have prevented or predicted any suicides
>>
>>29559773
I thought it was pretty well known he did not intend to kill himself

It was more of an accident, he was doing auto erotic asphyxiation and went a little too far, that's how he died
>>
>>29560124
it's completely true though.
>>
http://youtu.be/-7JwcDeXqi8

They just pretend to not see it coming so they dont get people staying they should have done something.
>>
>>29560111
>get btfo
>"haha b-better call him edgy!"
>>
>>29560092
The statistics would overrepresent the "no talk" group because those people are significantly less likely to get help in the form of therapy or medication...
Provided you could find statistics supporting your claim anyhow....
>>
>>29560124
I'd like to hear why you think it's a myth.
>>
>>29560115
Your dad sounds like a dick desu
>>
>>29560170
>i don't believe in statistics because i'm a moron
>>
>>29560182
He pretty much is, honestly. Very rigid worldview and gets angry at anything that threatens it.
>>
>>29560041
Are you really suggesting that no one who says they are going to kill themselves really does?
That treats or suicide is a normal non-concerning thing?
>>
>tfw I kept being majorly depressed on the DL for 10 years but eventually snapped and went to a psych clinic for almost a month and now everyone knows I'm a fuckup
Fuuuuuuck
>>
>>29560157
>>29560180

Because nobody has any sources for it

At all

its just something that normies say with nothing to back it up
>>
>>29560222
that's how it works in almost 100% of cases.
>>
They really are
it's sad really
>>
>>29560234
>source: deep in my rectum
>>
>>29560234
IM GUNNA FUCKING SHOOT MY SELF IN THE PENIS ON MONDAY IF I DON'T GET 1 MILLION VIEWS XDDDDD
>>
>>29560249
>pls subscribe lol

>>29560248
>he was born yesterday
>>
>>29560234
Well I hope you're right desu, but I doubt it
>>
>>29560124
>dispelled by people WHO'S JOBS ARE LITERALLY TO HAVE PEOPLE DUMP THEIR PROBLEMS ON THEM
Gee, I wonder why suicidal people would let them know they were suicidal
>>
>>29560284
because you are, more or less, a fucking fag.
>>
>>29560053

You sound like you think not talking about your depression is something to be proud of.

It's ridiculous. Stigmatizing depression like that only makes it worse for those afflicted, since not only do they have to deal with depression but also guilt and fear of talking about their problems.

Bottling it up is not a good way to deal with your issues. I don't know why you want depression to be some sort of badge of pride.
>>
>>29560306
Well, hopefully you're right, but I doubt it
>>
>>29560322
>issues
depression isn't something you brag about, whether you think it's an "issue" to have a bad mood or not.
>>
>>29560322
People on this board seem to genuinely believe that only basement-dwelling permavirgins can get depression, it's pathetic.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9dEZ0hRlF4
>>
>>29560365
Spotted the newfag
Every original robot knows that depression is nothing but a made up illness
>>
>>29560390
Just like aids
>>
>>29560079
damn...
simply epic
>>
>>29560322
>You sound like you think not talking about your depression is something to be proud of.
it's not something to be proud of. it's just a true statement that anyone talking about how something 'sent them into a depression' is a normie attention whore fishing for attention.
>>
>>29560390
This. If I have to see one more fucking depression, self harm, or drug abuse thread, I'm going to rip my balls off
>>
>>29560381
it really seems awkward that 99.1 - 99.9% of teenagers pretend to be "depressed" and "suicidal" and "insane" for some amount of time to get out of being responsible for something, but still believe that they are special/unique because of the very thing that makes them all the same.
>>
>>29560365
>>29560433
So what causes people to feel hopeless and want to commit suicide?

Unless you mean there's a clear difference between major depression and minor/moderate depression.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXYiU_JCYtU

TIRED OF BEING WHAT YOU WAAANT ME TO BE
>>
>>29560446
Yes yes we know, it's called Tumblr
>>
>>29560456
they are both just fantasies.
>>
>>29560222

Nope. Not suggesting that. Like I said before, there are exceptions to everything. I was just speaking generally.
>>
>>29559773
Yes. They can't fathom anything from this sort of perspective.
>>
>>29560456
There is more reasons to kill yourself then just hopelessness.

Im simply bored and have given up im sure I could have a normal future if I tried a little but I wouldnt enjoy a moment of it.
>>
>>29560471
I disagree. I think major depression is real but minor/moderate is heavily overdiagnosed and takes away from people who have actual depression. Same goes for a lot of other mental illnesses. The DSM standards are lowered every edition and pretty much EVERYONE will be having an anxiety and depression issue because they had one bad day and told their GP about it.

Check this speech out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuCwVnzSjWA
>>
>>29560507
major depression just means you went to wikipedia and feel bored.
>>
>>29560115
>try to talk to family about depression
>they either get mad, disgusted or don't want to talk about it
>sometimes make fun of me
>urge to kill myself rising

I just wonder what they will say when I finally get the balls to do it. It makes me mad to think they may act surprised by it.
>>
>>29560456
People cause their selves to feel hopeless. It's a chain reaction kind of thing, one sad thought leads to another and so on and so on, if you feel the need to take it far enough to suicide levels then that's you.
Think of it like when someone gets sad over something, they can choose to either
A) continue to feel sad
B) Adjust themselves to feel more happy
Most chose A as it's the easier route, and this only leads to continuous spamming of A, said continuous spamming just gets classified as "depression" because of how many people pull this shit.
Seriously, why do think the constant remedy for depression is always something like "doing things that make you feel happy"? It's all a mind game.
>>
>>29560536
>they may act surprised by it.

They will. They wouldn't want anyone to think that your cries for help went unanswered.
>>
>>29560536
>my whole life is just bouncing between people begging for cheap attention
why don't you do something with your life instead?
>>
>>29560556
Being a giant faggot is his life anon, who are you to judge!
>>
>>29560565
im the official judge of faggots.
>>
File: 1467003695136.jpg (47 KB, 485x342) Image search: [Google]
1467003695136.jpg
47 KB, 485x342
well look at Shania cops arrested her for trying . don't think he wanted that , his mind was made up . to utter it would be to fail and never be able to after being caught.
>>
>>29560556
Every time I try life throws up on me.

I'm going to try and get a job at a lumber yard today. They wont even hire me at Mcdonalds. It's getting fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>29559773
Yes. If you even hint that you are suicidal men with guns come over to drag you off to a mental hospital where you are force-fed drugs and you'll be beaten, tazed or even shot if you resist. So of course the shitbags are always surprised when a person offs themselves out of the blue and bleat "I DON' UNNERSTAND WHY DIND HE SAY NUFFIN." Fucking morons.
>>
>>29560390
>depression is nothing but a made up illness
Well goddamm. That's got to be the fucking stupidest thing I've read on here or on /pol/. Congrats for being the flat-earther retard of the year.
>>
>>29560910
Go back to lereddit, nigger-loving faggot.
>>
>>29560939
>ISHYGDDT
Jew
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.