[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the sun hangs low in the evening sky, as if taunting the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 35
File: bartender.jpg (58 KB, 614x389) Image search: [Google]
bartender.jpg
58 KB, 614x389
>the sun hangs low in the evening sky, as if taunting the man walking down the street that even at this late hour the summer heat lies heavy over the pavement
>wiping the sweat from his brow, the bartender fishes the key out of his pocket, barely even noticing the heat
>the sun's rays pale in comparison to the waves of feels he feels, rising like a furnace from the downtown asphalt, spilling from a thousand basements and low-rent apartments like exhaust from the engine of the world
>walking inside, he turns the air conditioner on
>the small, dated window-mounted box begins humming and he spends a few seconds taking refuge in its breeze before dusting off the bar and preparing for the evening

Welcome, lads, to the Frog and Feels. The end of a weekend for many would be a time to reflect on the good times shared, but those kinds of people rarely frequent this bar. What's bothering you tonight, my friends, and what will you have to drink over it? Remember, we are all comrades here.
>>
Hi bartender.
Today I lost my last shred of will to live. I just want a bourbon on the rocks to drink in peace before I finally go. I wouldn't choose anywhere else for my last stop.
>>
Young nigga from the west side of town
Red hair gold teeth but a nigga not a clown
>>
Just water please, I'm sick of getting wasted all the time.
>>
File: bour.jpg (10 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
bour.jpg
10 KB, 284x177
>>29559179
A bourbon it is, on the double.
Why the loss, my friend? A woman, a friend, just the final straw of desperation against this bleak world? Or something else?
I've lost my last shred two or three times, but fortunately it's always come back before my plans to end it came to fruition. I can't say if it's for the better or the worse, for me, but know at least that in that respect you're not alone.

>>29559240
A water it is, friend! It's been a long time since I've been sick of getting wasted, alcohol is like an old friend to me.

We have Coke and orange juice too, if the water feels too cheap. What's on your mind? Nobody comes to this joint without something.
>>
Just got back from being friendzoned in China. Even though we fucked in my country, I guess she didn't really remember how ugly and mentally fucked I actually am. Went out with a big group of friends the night I got back, they all took a girl home but me. Another bourbon and coke bartender. Before I give in and go see my old dealer again.
>>
Every Time I am happy the next day or two really suck
I feel like it's not even worth it to be happy
>>
>>29559394
Oh and some hangover cure please
I got drunk yesterday for the first time since February and I have to visit my psychiatrist in a few hours to get new drugs
>>
>>29559343
I'm lost, I'd think that water would give me clarity. Stumbling through life's game. I'm at an age where It's just better to just crawl up and be forgotten.

I have nothing to my name, and I live alone. I'm not even employed, and I don't even know when or where my next payment will come from, and boy, the bills sure do stack up.

But in hindsight, I'd much prefer that I'm confused and lost with life than to know every aspect and intricate detail to my purpose in this cold world.
>>
>>29559343
I just can't do it anymore man. I live in a world where my freedoms are being slowly eroded, I have to take medication every day for the rest of my life, my peers are so far ahead of me, the painful memories that never leave, the fact that I'll always be who I am, I just don't want to do it anymore so I'm choosing not to.
>>
File: bour.jpg (7 KB, 242x208) Image search: [Google]
bour.jpg
7 KB, 242x208
>>29559349
>in China
That sounds like a story. What's your port of call, then?
>all took a girl home but me
Jesus christ how I know this feel. I've never succeeded in taking a girl home like that, though to be fair it's probably because I never try. I'm one of those colossal faggots who doesn't want to just fuck sluts, but only really wants a relationship with a girl I know.

As far as seeing your dealer, I just hope you can get through this, man. Drugs can be fun, but they can destroy you too. Even alcohol and weed can mess you up for a long time if you're trying to use them to fill a hole in your life, although I'm hardly one to lecture about that.
>>
>>29559134
I've started talking to an amazing girl. She gave me her number when I asked her out and told me to get in touch if I wanted to do something. (She was busy that day). She's way outta my league, and I have that nagging feeling that I'm somehow gonna screw it up.
>>
>>29559343
You know barkeep, I'm hearing Jeff Bridges' voice in my head when I read your posts.
>>
>>29559448
Aus. Wasn't really that amazing, saw some cool shit I guess. Yeah it sucks, they even tried talking to a few on my behalf, seemed like it was going to work too, until I told them not to worry about it because I knew I'd be too awkward to make anything of it. Thanks bartender, I guess it would just be some temporary relief anyway. As good as that sounds right about now.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZRE0Fvisyc

(This is the music I imagine would be playing in the bar.)
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 400x400
>>29559543
Oh man that's perfect. I really like that kind of jazz.
>>
A Corona for me barkeep. Am old guy like me just wants a warm spot to sit and listen to conversations.
>>
File: hangover cures.jpg (57 KB, 417x250) Image search: [Google]
hangover cures.jpg
57 KB, 417x250
>>29559394
I think a day of happiness is worth many days of sadness, and that's coming from someone who spent nearly two years planning a suicide every day and existing full robot/zero-social-contact status (outside work, of course, nobody gives me free stuff.)
I can't say I'm an expert in hangover cures, but I'll dig up some bread and Gatorade for you. Good luck with the psych, what do you see a psych for? And I can't imagine going that long without alcohol, in all honesty.

>>29559438
If you have bills, then it means you have something, right? I don't know where you live or what your culture is like, but out here hardly anyone is truly lost. A job pumping shitters is more glorious than no job at all, and a day where I've worked for my money is more satisfying than a day where I've sat at home in my own depression. Do you have any physical hobbies, like hiking or martial arts or anything? I find the physical activity takes my mind off the crippling realities of the world when I'm feeling depressed.

>>29559440
>freedoms
iktf, not much we can do but just remember that we are alive. Life is what we make it, as a society and as individuals.
>medication
I, as well, require medication to stay alive. It's humiliating and depressing but it's not the end of the world.

Don't compare yourself to your "peers," just be the best you can be and work to make yourself proud of what you've done as yourself.

>memories that never leave
Lay it thick, have you lost friends or family? Lost romances?
>>
File: 1448530493600.png (24 KB, 800x473) Image search: [Google]
1448530493600.png
24 KB, 800x473
>tfw one week sober
We're gonna make it bros. Longest I've ever been sober in the last 3.5 years was two weeks, so let's go for at least three and maybe even longer!
>>
>>29559595
https://youtu.be/BVffVEq4a_Y
https://youtu.be/7bW75OwVXZI
https://youtu.be/uwvVhXItl1w

Here are some more personal favorites, enjoy.
>>
A foamy glass of guiness barkeep. I gotta go drive to camp counselor training soon. Gonna be having good to hang out with plenty of guys years older than me. Not gonna see my mom for ten days. I'm fucked man.
>>
File: ErfaKht.jpg (140 KB, 1280x842) Image search: [Google]
ErfaKht.jpg
140 KB, 1280x842
>>29559134

Whiskey on the rocks please.

Tell me barkeep, how do I face the fact I'll probably never have a gf?
>>
File: cr.jpg (10 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
cr.jpg
10 KB, 219x230
>>29559452
Pretend she's your friend, don't sperg out, christ man this is a bad place to ask for relationship advice. Don't overthink it, don't force anything, I suppose?

And don't blow up her phone, I think girls get creeped out when you start asking "hey r you free" twice a day starting 6 hours after they give you their number.
>tfw speak from experience

>>29559537
Temporary relief is better than none, I guess. And always remember, bros before hoes is not just a meme. If I'm on good footing with my friends, that's better social currency than all the vaginas in the world if you ask me.

>>29559543
Added to the jukebox.

>>29559609
Not a big Corona fan here, my personal opinion is that it's so similar to gasoline I might try putting it in my car if it's ever cheaper. Iktf with warm spots and listening though, in the cruel, real world I'm often far more comfortable listening to others' conversations than holding my own.
>>
File: jb.png (15 KB, 531x174) Image search: [Google]
jb.png
15 KB, 531x174
>>29559497
Neat.

>>29559595
I'm responding not only to agree with the sentiment but also to prevent this reply from being filtered.
>>
>>29559134
Just give me something without alcohol.

I'm trying to work online but i'm not sure how well it'll work, still not sure what i'm doing
>>
File: gui.jpg (8 KB, 231x219) Image search: [Google]
gui.jpg
8 KB, 231x219
>>29559625
>Longest I've ever been sober in the last 3.5 years was two weeks
My record is somewhere around 2, when I was basically just proving to myself that I could do it. It's hard, but I agree it is necessary. My cousin as of this year has fallen into hard times because of an overbearing alcohol addiction. Very hard times.
May I offer you a soda?

>>29559634
Thanks, friend.

>>29559654
Gotcha with the Guinness. As an adult I've always liked hanging out with older males, I suppose growing up as an older brother with an often-gone (frequent business trips) father perhaps I'm still trying to fill a male-role-model void. I also frequently feel far more aged than many of my peers my age, but that's probably just narcissism talking.
Why do you feel, as you say, fucked?

>>29559689
You got it, on the rocks.
The gf feel is a hard one. It took me years, and it still feels. Having a waifu might help, or some sort of imaginary deal. And of course, always remember that even the spergiest autists can fall into situations. I know some pretty cringe-tier spergs with wives and families (no h8, I love them, but they're pretty darn autist-tier.)
>>
A celebratory drink, whatever you can recommend, barkeep.
I went through half a year of increasing self-hatred and pain. It was bearable before this month, then June hit and gradually it got overwhelming to the point where it was the only thing I could focus on. All because I had let go of someone and never fixed it, watched them get into a relationship and it just hit me all at once. But now it's completely gone. All of the pain, sadness, self-loathing and regret is gone. When I saw them not that long ago, it hurt so much. But to see them together now leads to me feeling nothing.

I'm free of that feeling, I'm free of it after it just kept getting worse. Now I can just focus on everything else and never look back again. It's such a great feeling, but at the same time it leaves me wondering exactly where I'm expecting to go from here. Do I want to entertain the thought that some day I will be in a relationship? Do I just not care? What will provide me with entertainment after I lost interest in so many things just because of how I was feeling before?

It's such a relief to be free of it, and I can't honestly say I gained much other than to never repeat certain mistakes. But at the very least I can celebrate an end to that whole thing. With at least one goal to never let myself end up hating myself that much again.
>>
File: jo.jpg (12 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
jo.jpg
12 KB, 274x184
>>29559759
>something without alcohol
I have some Jones in the back, or we can pour you a pint of root beer from the tap.

Working online is always hard for me, I always do my best work IRL and in groups.
>>
>>29559621
>I think a day of happiness is worth many days of sadness
Problem is that I instantly hit rock bottom the day after even start self harming again like an idiot
I don't have enough friends to do stuff every day so I am unsure how to handle this
Well I think I just have one, but I met with a few more people recently and they are all amazing people
Most of them have mental issues themselves so they can relate
>what do you see a psych for?
Depressions, Emotional Unstable Personality Disorder/Borderline, Avoidant Anxious Personality Disorder
I get abilify, venlafaxine, mirtazapine, and lorazepam
>And I can't imagine going that long without alcohol, in all honesty.
I am not supposed to drink, but I have been stuck in mental hospitals and day hospital since the first of April were I would get randomly controlled
Right now I have a week of peace so I wanted to drink again at least once
My next day hospital visit starts in a week
>>
File: The-boss.jpg (42 KB, 500x268) Image search: [Google]
The-boss.jpg
42 KB, 500x268
>>29559794
>Having a waifu might help, or some sort of imaginary deal.

Closest thing I've ever had to that was pic related. Studied her will and last words more than anything else.
>>
File: ch.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
ch.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
>>29559804
That's wonderful news! A glass of our finest champagne for you! If you're up for sharing, how did this cycle start and how did you break free? I'm gathering from context it was an unrequitted-affections situation.

I see the objective vhe value of a relationship, primarily, to validate your identity and foster self-love as well as develop an object to fixate your love and outlooks upon. If you can find another way of doing so, a relationship isn't really necessary, and if you can't find another way to validate yourself, perhaps you'll never have a real relationship on any deeper level than hugging an anime pillow.

You speak like someone who believes himself to be on the right path, and it sounds like you might really be on that path too. Carry on, my wayward robot.
>>
File: 1450852142009.jpg (48 KB, 604x482) Image search: [Google]
1450852142009.jpg
48 KB, 604x482
>tfw you realized the reason your alone is because somewhere, deep down, that steady loneliness feels safer than taking that risk of opening up again.

Can't stay for long but I wanted to say you're doing some good work here barkeep, and a simple glass of coke if you will.
>>
File: dfs.jpg (10 KB, 266x190) Image search: [Google]
dfs.jpg
10 KB, 266x190
>>29559838
That sounds rough. I've been in the hospital before, not for psychological but for physical issues tfw spent almost three months there and wanted to kill myself. I know I sound like a broken record, but physical activity really does it for me. Whether it's a hike, a bicycle ride, or even just getting /fit/. I don't know about your psychological struggles though, I'm sure you're far more experienced at dealing with them than I am. I hope your drugs are helping.

It can't be easy, man. Hang in there.

>>29559870
Anything that helps, man. Have you tried creating fictional universes, sort of like being an author except you don't necessarily have to write it down? I have a sort of steampunk/dieselpunk universe that I retreat into a lot, imagining my heroes in that universe helps me sometimes through issues in this one.
>>
>>29559880
It was really a stupid infatuation with someone, where we were close and I cut it off around Christmas just out of insecurity. The idea being a result of their living conditions with their ex at the time, the conversations we'd have somehow returning to that topic and how much they trusted him. I regretted it but never acted to fix it, even when there were several chances to do so. The regret got worse constantly, all the way up to this month when they announced their relationship. Seeing them with their partner hurt a lot, and it reached the point where I kept dreaming about such a stupid issue. But really, what was bothering me was how it became impossible at that point. How it became a situation where, no matter what, I wouldn't be able to change it other than walk away. But at whatever point, all that emotion let go of me. I wasn't so sure, I thought I was just having a positive day, but even seeing them showing their relationship off to people hasn't bothered me, I just didn't care.

I didn't "love" them, or at least I wasn't "in love" with them, I'm sure. Perhaps it was just the idea of them. I probably only felt worse because I watched something possible become impossible simply as a result of inaction and hesitation on my part before.

You're definitely right, I don't believe a relationship should be sought to validate myself. I want to seek contentment, not with the goal of a relationship, and stuff that I can enjoy sinking time into.
>>
>>29559134
pls can I have a rum.I'm so lost and I need to leave my country asap.
>>
File: 7t0Si2F.png (488 KB, 800x1020) Image search: [Google]
7t0Si2F.png
488 KB, 800x1020
>>29559972
>Have you tried creating fictional universes, sort of like being an author except you don't necessarily have to write it down?

Absolutely, although I didn't invent Metal Gear Solid, which is my main 'fictional world'.
>>
>>29560006
(cont.)
On the subject of a relationship, I only posed that question because I'm not sure if or when I'd actually be interested in pursuing one. When it happens naturally would be the right answer, but I also don't often put myself in a position where such an encounter could be possible. I guess I could do that more often, but I'd want to only do that after I've found stuff to sink my time into and entertain myself with.

As it is, it's more like there are a ton of options ahead for where I can try to look for entertainment and fun now that I don't have such a dark cloud over me, but with no idea of where to start looking first.
>>
File: coc.jpg (9 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
coc.jpg
9 KB, 260x194
>>29559966
Stay as long as you want, and we'll be here in spirit when you need us. Remember you have friends across this world who want to be there for you, even if we only interact for a few moments in these bars and fishnetting forums.

Coke is always nice, very Southwestern in my head for some reason.

I can give you lines for getting over that 'risk' fear, but they always sound hypocritical in my head because I can't take my own advice. I just hung out with a coworker outside the workplace, and the amount of time and rationalization it took to send a "hey, wanna go hiking with me and Other Autist Friend" text was ridiculous. no gay shit happened, i'm not that kind of autist
>>
>tfw literally obsessed with a girl i used to know
>not even oneitis, happy to just be her friend
>just want to look out for her and take care of her until i die
>still too afraid to even try to contact her again

kill me
>>
>>29560047
Thanks boss, have a good night everybody...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea2WoUtbzuw
>>
>>29560067
Muster up that courage. Reach out to her when you see the opportunity.
>>
File: wtr.jpg (33 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
wtr.jpg
33 KB, 600x375
>>29560006
>>29560042
All the memes are real, you don't want to live with a girl who lives with their ex and everything else seems to confirm that. Better to live alone your whole life than be in one of those situations.
For me, and I believe many others here, I often grow infatuated with a woman and assign a personality to her that may vastly differ from her actual personality and behavior. Console yourself with the idea that she might not be all that, and you just tried to believe she was because she had a cute face.

Outside that, if you got close with one woman, it means you're capable of getting close with another at some point in your life. Dating and relationships are like porn; many will not give you erections or allow you to climax, but you have to keep searching until you find the one that does, metaphorically speaking. Just hope, with both, that it's not clopshit.

>>29560010
Yes you can. If you run, I'll hold off on building wall until you're on my side.

>>29560035
>I didn't invent
Everything is based on other things, my fictional universe isn't directly taken from a certain world like MGS or LOTR but it certainly bases itself off worlds I've loved. Mortal Engines, Golden Compass, Last Exile, and so on.
>>
File: rbh.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
rbh.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>29560067
Honestly I hate to say it, but speaking from experience you should probably stay away from her. Unless, of course, you're prepared to get shot down and utterly crushed (if it doesn't burn any other social bridges, i.e. mutual friends or whatever, then that might actually be better to get shot down and learn from it or whatever.) IMHO there's no healthy way to recover from those sort of sentiments, and they really can ruin your life
>implying I'm not speaking from experience
I wish you luck and waifus, friend.

>>29560117
Thanks, chum.
>>
>>29559972
>tfw spent almost three months there and wanted to kill myself
Yeah the hospital stay I had was also shit
The day hospital stays were great tho

>I hope your drugs are helping.
I stopped feeling numb and can actually experience emotions besides anxiety and self hatred
The benzo helps a lot, but it's a benzo so it's evil and only for emergencies

>physical activity really does it for me
I have been doing sport twice a week for like 2 months, but stopped when I ended up in the mental hospital, because they don't have any sports program
I will probably start again next week

>It can't be easy, man. Hang in there.
Y-you too
>>
>>29560146
I never see the opportunity.
I just sit here alone in my apartment day after day, wondering if today's the day I try to reconnect. It never is.

>>29560238
I know I shouldn't. She's leaving for college in like a month, too. Like it's guaranteed to not work. But I can't live with myself. She's the only thing I care about in the world.
>>
>>29560176
Yeah, I know you're right. I'm thankful, at least, to be free of all that negativity I had before. I can at least take a lesson from this whole experience, though I'd have preferred the lesson come earlier into this whole saga so it might not have felt like such a long period of regret.
I definitely won't make a relationship a priority concern for some time. Friends, hobbies and reflection appeal to me a lot more. A relationship in the future would be nice, but not the priority and not until after the rest.

I lost a lot of interest in various things while I was so negative. In the same way as, I guess, you can lose your appetite mid-meal, I could suddenly lose all interest in something because I was feeling down and leave it to the point where I didn't try to get back to it. I'd like to either revisit or replace those interests, first, I think.

Hopefully I am on the right path from now on.
>>
File: rb5.jpg (6 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
rb5.jpg
6 KB, 265x190
>>29560290
>The day hospital stays were great tho
tfw still feel uncomfortable around hospitals or even mentions of hospitals, nurses, doctors, even medical charities

Good to hear not everyone's as #triggered as me, though. They're there to help, in the long run, after all.

>can experience emotions
God that's nice. I remember from my suicidal years, it's not just a meme. Life feels wrong when you don't feel positive emotions for a year or more. I wish I'd had some of those drugs, it's good that you are taking advantage of those. I think (can't speak from experience.)

>sport
what was yours? As an adult I was always solo sport because I don't understand socialization or social customs or whatever, although I remember from childhood and father from friends' experiences that group sports can be really good.

>Y-you too
y-yeah, haha
>>
File: 1427961270512.jpg (15 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1427961270512.jpg
15 KB, 225x225
I'm high at work and thinking about just sneaking in the back and taking a nap. What do you think brobots?
>>
File: reata.jpg (10 KB, 250x202) Image search: [Google]
reata.jpg
10 KB, 250x202
>>29560309
>She's the only thing I care about in the world.
Maybe you should ask her out, just to get rejected. Don't go full autist and talk about your marriage, just ask her if she'd like to date and be prepared for her to (almost 100% certainly) say no and possibly laugh. I really believe it might help, leaving things open like this has always been worse for me than just growing a pair and forcing it to conclusion.

Well you sound like a chum who knows what he's doing, I wish I could say the same of myself half the time. Build your life into something you can be proud of, and the women will come. Chase after women while disregarding everything else, and you'll probably get nothing but genital warts and friends who don't talk to you anymore, if you ask me.
>>
File: snp.jpg (8 KB, 188x268) Image search: [Google]
snp.jpg
8 KB, 188x268
>>29560362
>I lost a lot of interest in various things while I was so negative
Christ I know what you mean. When I was suicidal I didn't have hobbies. It was an effort to even keep up with the few TV shows I watched, I just went to my part-time job, got fast food after work, then came home and jerked off and fell asleep. Weekends I'd sometimes go to a park, try and pretend I was there with friends or the girl, get fast food on the way home and sleep. Sometimes just shitpost or read bad wecomics all day.
>>
File: 1427699482533.jpg (36 KB, 300x354) Image search: [Google]
1427699482533.jpg
36 KB, 300x354
>>29560515
>tfw what you just described is me right now
>>
>>29560515
Yeah, I really let go of all my interests. The best distraction I managed that whole time was seeing how much I could cut my monthly food expense. And then I got worse and burned the money I saved on impulse purchases for stuff I really didn't need.

Never want to get back in that mindset.
>>
>>29560480
Logically, I know that. I've been meaning to do that for weeks.
But I'm so damn scared. She's not just some girl to me. She was like a little sister at one point.

It's not about women. I had a girlfriend. I broke up with her because I was having more fun sitting at home on my ass than I was spending time with her.

It's about her. She's precious to me. I don't need to marry her, but I do need to...I dunno, be a part of her life and look out for her and be able to tell her that I love her.
>>
The love of my life broke up with me on Friday, I didn't see it coming at all. All signs, even the night before, indicated we were in a blissful relationship. She still hasn't told me why, she says she is trying to find the words to explain. The things she mentioned at the time we broke up just didn't add up. I had no idea she felt that way, and she could've just talked about it with me instead of ending it. But maybe she didn't want to be in a relationship at all.

I'm drinking tea.
>>
File: df9.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
df9.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>29560529
Hang on there man. Try nofap, try /fit/, try to just make a friend even if you can't fucking stand to be around him, just to be practice for competent socialization. Fug, if I could give better advice, I'd use it. Try connecting with old HS buddies perhaps? Normiebook works great for that, a lot of people from highschool go on to become robots who will voluntarily hang out with high-level autists on occasion.

>>29560579
>cut food expenses
this is the year where I first started gaining fat, because for the firs time in a long time I haven't had to worry about whether I could afford food if I bought too much (especially healthy food, it's always way more expensive than crap food.)

>impulse purchases
desu I'm autist enough that most of my impulse purchases are tools and stuff, primarily from Home Depot, that help me at my job so they indirectly pay for themselves in that way.
>>
The girl I love doesn't love me back and we've stopped talking. A lot of my friends are either too busy or don't want to do things with me.
I'm lonely and I don't want to live in this world anymore...
>>
File: ell.jpg (12 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
ell.jpg
12 KB, 251x201
>>29560622
>I broke up with her because I was having more fun sitting at home
I
K
T
F
fuck man, part of getting older is realising that I don't give a flying fug about the vast majority of women regardless of how physically attractive they may be. There's one woman in my life I'd drop everything for if I believed she needed it, whom I'd tolerate anything from, but any girl who isn't her can go suck off Chads for the rest of her life for all I care.
>inb4 le cuck accusations
I doubt it but I can hardly disprove them without placing video cameras on her person 24/7 or something
But it's more the feel of truly not caring about any woman romanticaly or even as a female anything, except her. Fuck, I'm like an anime character. You have my permission to kill me after the bar is closed.

>>29560690
Tea is nice, very calming and doesn't make you feel like shit afterwards.

I wish there was a guidebook to women to tell us why they just get tired of us, but for some cruel reason we're forced to actually learn social cues and unspoken language or be forever in the dark.

That's rough, I was dumped like that once and it took me months to understand why. If she dumped you it's for the better, it lets you think of her as a useless bitch (later in life) rather than a beautiful opportunity you wasted I know personally I dwell a lot more (years later) on the ones I dumped, whereas the ones who dumped me might as well not exist as far as my emotions are concerned.
>>
File: dfm.jpg (10 KB, 266x190) Image search: [Google]
dfm.jpg
10 KB, 266x190
>>29560786
Women are emotional children and you should wait for relationships to happen. Love is a meme and you were probably in love with your idea of her rather than who she actually was. Somewhere out there is a girl you can love for who she is, rather than your mental projection of what you think she is like, and it's possible she will love you back as well. I've seen some high-level autists in loving relationships.
>>
>>29560832
Yeah. One of the things I'm surprised about is that I've not pined for her, even though I loved her very much. What I'm frustrated at is that life is just dull again, and I couldn't have helped it. And even though I feel more confident that I'll find someone than I did before her, I don't know what I'm attracted to anymore. I don't want to not trust people for no reason.
>>
File: gbwh.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
gbwh.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
>>29560991
>I don't know what I'm attracted to anymore
Speaking from experience, and not necessarily from your own life: I know when it happens, but I have to watch it (and almost always fail) to make sure I'm actually falling for a qt3.14 waifu and not just a pretty girl who talks to me with a smile on her face.

After the few days of mourning "le why did my le soulmate leave me :((((" period, being dumped has never left me 'pining' for her. Maybe it's narcissism, convincing myself subconsciously that any woman who would dump me isn't worthy of my affection, but I don't know. I haven't taken enough Feelings 101 classes to understand mine.
>I don't want to not trust people for no reason
You shouldn't trust people for no reason, in my opinion. Trust is earned, not given, in the adult world (at least as far as my philosophies go.) Let's take the professional world; I trust accomplished workers (such as my supervisor or a licensed tradesman) to use my power tools, but I wouldn't dream of giving my power tools to a 19yo kid even if he was wearing the same uniform.

At the same time, I understand what you're saying. You shouldn't make people pass a shit test just to give them the time of day, right? My fallback advice is to just tell people to focus on fraternal relationships, they're better anyway and they'll build you into the kind of man who attracts and builds meaningful relationships rather than shitstorms with sluts and whatever else.
>>
File: 8881427240_5541649996.jpg (45 KB, 800x758) Image search: [Google]
8881427240_5541649996.jpg
45 KB, 800x758
>>29560692
>Hang on there man. Try nofap, try /fit/, try to just make a friend even if you can't fucking stand to be around him, just to be practice for competent socialization. Fug, if I could give better advice, I'd use it. Try connecting with old HS buddies perhaps? Normiebook works great for that, a lot of people from highschool go on to become robots who will voluntarily hang out with high-level autists on occasion.
I unironically think every bit of that advice is great, barkeep. Thanks.
>>
File: wr.jpg (52 KB, 580x580) Image search: [Google]
wr.jpg
52 KB, 580x580
>>29561275
>I unironically think every bit of that advice is great
In that case, for me I've found most of my successful social interactions were either based around "let's get drunk in a group of 3 or more no homo" or four-wheeling with a loud sound system so my complete verbal ineptitude wasn't as blindingly obvious. Alcohol is the drug of the thinking robot.

Maybe someday we'll have a "how to socially interact IRL with other humans" sticky.
>>
>>29561327
>how to socially interact IRL with other humans
This would be fantastic. I mean, I kind of know how, but it just feels so fake I can't stomach doing it.
>>
File: ra.jpg (181 KB, 799x800) Image search: [Google]
ra.jpg
181 KB, 799x800
>>29561406
I can't even begin to count how many times I've tried Googling it, and of course you know it's all the "just bee yourself" stuff.
Normies just take this stuff for granted, no more reason to write a "how to make friends" article than reason to write a "how to scratch your balls" article.
>>
File: 1426584327364.gif (18 KB, 400x321) Image search: [Google]
1426584327364.gif
18 KB, 400x321
>>29561460
I just wish I had one close friend, barkeep.
>>
File: bfa.jpg (865 KB, 1373x2008) Image search: [Google]
bfa.jpg
865 KB, 1373x2008
>>29561622
I'm your friend, my fellow autist.

Nobody is beyond salvation. Including ourselves.

desu at this point I'm drunk to the point where typing spoilers is significantly difficult, but know that you're not alone, nor is anyone on this board. We're all sharing our social ineptitude and general repulsiveness together. When we meme together, we share our love.
>>
File: 14356448536.jpg (24 KB, 487x366) Image search: [Google]
14356448536.jpg
24 KB, 487x366
>>29561881
Anon, I...

wew...
>>
>>29559134
This is actually a great thread. Good job OP
>>
>>29560395
The day hospital doesn't look like a hospital at all and I had a lot of nice experiences there
The real hospital just fucked me up tho

Why are you not on meds?

>what was yours
Mostly running and rowing
Sometimes I tried lifting some weights
>>
Just wanted to say that this is a great thread and a friendly bar. I'm feeling good smoking a bowl and sharing stories with my kinsmen. Hope you're having a good night everyone.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.