[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is alcohol snobbery the stupidest fucking thing in the world?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: pepe_rage.png (93 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
pepe_rage.png
93 KB, 500x422
Is alcohol snobbery the stupidest fucking thing in the world? Even the most expensive, 'best' alcohol tastes like fucking shit. If you want to get drunk, then just get drunk, you aren't more of a man because you get drunk with alcohol that's been rotting in an oak barrel for 40 years.

>its an acquired taste
if something is an acquired tastes, then its just something that tastes like shit that you get numb to. If I was stuck in a prison camp and got beaten everyday, I'd get used to it too.
>>
>>29558156

so who hurt you anon? what does he drink?
>>
>>29558235
what a stupid ass post. you know OP is correct, anyone who spends $100+ on a fucking bottle of poison is a retard
>>
>>29558156

Enjoying alcohol in general is the stupidest thing in the world. It's a shit drug that often makes you feel physically ill and barely gives you any psychoactive effects in return.
>>
>>29558156
imho the change in taste to price isnt linear

the taste gets much better with the price first, but it quickly starts to drop down

there is a huge difference in a 20$ whisky and 60$ whisky but not so big difference between 60$ whisky and 400$ whisky. And the difference between 400$ and 4000$ is just pure snobism.
>>
>>29558156
Cigarette, movie, and music snobbery/hipsterness too. I think it's mostly an autistic thing, and all of my friends are afflicted with it.

Holy fuck, I know you hate normies, but don't tell me your weird ass avant garde movies and ambient music is the only art worth consuming.

There's something to be said for just enjoying something without complaining about it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxRzzm-mjCE

>rum tastes nasty
>burn wood in it
>tastes better
>>
>>29558260
>anyone who spends $100+ on a fucking bottle of poison is a retard
>$100+

wow, it's almost like the higher ends of snobbery for a consumed good will seem outrageous to people that don't have the excessive disposable income necesary to get it. who'd have wondered, god damn i'm SHOCKED

i can't wait til the next episode where OP tells me how stupid it is for people to spend $150 on a burger with gold leaf or pay $80 for a 1/4 lb of imported artisinal cheese

>what a stupid ass post

OP is complaining about something that's obviously not marketed to him, this is a stupid ass thread

>>29558263
this too
>>
>>29558156
People think that more expensive things are better because when you spend more on something you make yourself think that it's going to be better. I also don't think that most people understand what diminishing return is.
>>
>>29558388
sorry anon, I should have said any money at all. I think 100% of people who drink alcohol are the worst kind of normies
>>
>>29558235
malt liquor
>>
Not everyone drinks to get drunk. Many people drink fine wines/craft beers/expensive liquors because they enjoy the unique flavors present in good quality alcohol. The buzz/getting drunk is only an added perk. I, for one, appreciate quality booze, but I don't go out of my way to get it. Not everyone wants to shotgun a sixer of bud light to reach intoxication, alot of people would much rather drink high quality beer and relish the flavors present until they are drunk.

Same goes for tobacco, marijuana, drugs, and anything else. When I just want a cigarette, any nigger shit will do just to get my nicotine. When I want to enjoy the smoke, I light up a clove or a spirit. When I want to get high, any weed will do. When I want to get high AND have a great time getting there, I hit up people who have excellent quality bud and take the time to appreciate the grade of it when I'm smoking it.

To further this explanation, say you know someone who smokes methamphetamine. They will definitely smoke shake and bake trash meth just to tweak out, but if given the chance to smoke some top-shelf ice versus the aforementioned mexico-tier meth, they will go with the better quality stuff because its cleaner and more enjoyable.
>>
>>29558674
You sound like a massive faggot. Go trim your waxed beard and edit your post-industrial noise rock blog.
>>
dont u get more confidence when u re drunk? That's the only reason I'd get drunk
>>
>>29559177
or you could try not being a whiny beta bitch who relies on liquid confidence as a crutch for social interaction

if you can't be confident without alcohol you might as well not try at all. that's what I do and it works fine for me.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.