[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So here's my story. A while ago, I dropped my (very old)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 0264555_392670.jpg (4 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
0264555_392670.jpg
4 KB, 200x200
So here's my story.

A while ago, I dropped my (very old) laptop about a foot onto a hardwood floor. The screen cracked and a bunch of the keys popped out. I was pissed at the time because I was a little bit short on cash, and I ended up having to get a cheapass chromebook. But what I really was upset over was my hard drive. It was a 3.5" SATA, and when I dropped it, it got several corrupted sectors. I plugged it into a cheap MicroCenter HD enclosure, pic related. I evacuated everything important and I was about to move on to the less-important (replaceable) content, but then I stopped.

I don't know why, but I unplugged the drive and set it aside. I picked up an old USB hub, plugged it in to the wall adapter, and plugged the drive into the hub. I put the drive to my ear, listening to the little jumps and quirks as it spun, and imagined the bad sectors spreading, I wondered what part of my life was being corrupted; old backups of pictures, another gigabyte of anime, minecraft worlds. It felt like another obligation slid away with every rotation of the disk. I don't know how long I held it there, listening to my data spin away, staring at the shoebox-sized ray of sunlight coming in my basement window. It was the most intensely therapeutic experience of my life. I ended up plugging it in next to my bed and listening to it as I went to sleep. Eventually it failed, and I bought a new HD, put it in the same case, and used that instead. I've been doing this for the last year.

>ITT: autistic habits you have
>>
>>29557603
>>ITT: autistic habits you have

Subject goes in subject line. Jesus Christ anon! Can you do anything right?
>>
Reading shit posted by faggots that don't put a tl;dr
>>
I like this OP that was a heartwarming tale
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.