[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this guy so agonizingly popular? Is it his fan base? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: leafyy.jpg (54 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
leafyy.jpg
54 KB, 1920x1080
Why is this guy so agonizingly popular? Is it his fan base? I can't imagine anyone older than 15 genuinely enjoying his videos. His shit is just growing exponentially. Here's a rundown of what all of his videos are.

>Title

LITERALLY THE MOST CRINGY KID ON THE FACE OF THE INTERNET LITERALLY

>Shows a small clip and makes a short comment

>Switches to game play footage

"So what's up guys, I was just out on a carousel in space with Hitler and Donald Trump when someone sent me this video. So sit back, relax, and get your popcorn. Pa-pa-pa-play it"

>shows video

"Like what that fuck even was that dude? Like come on, man, are you serious? Like literally what was that you can't be serious, literally. Like what are you even thinking dude, like come on literally seriously literal dude"

He'll easily be over 10 million subs by the end of the year. What the fuck?
>>
>>29556276
because there are more children/stupid people in the world than intellectuals such as ourselves

fedora tip my nigga
>>
>>29556276
He is fucking ugly too.
>>
>>29556379

I really wish I had a voice loud enough to suggest a YouTubeJr or some shit.
>>
>>29556276

God, he actually looks like a fucking xbox live kiddie from 2008 that'd be shouting down his microphone.

Christ.
>>
File: 1466574113746.png (565 KB, 1502x988) Image search: [Google]
1466574113746.png
565 KB, 1502x988
I think it's the combination of he always looks like he doesn't give a shit and kids these days our more stupid
>>
File: 1466977900030.jpg (657 KB, 1357x1816) Image search: [Google]
1466977900030.jpg
657 KB, 1357x1816
I say we raid his latest video
>>
File: 1466731205760.jpg (25 KB, 800x536) Image search: [Google]
1466731205760.jpg
25 KB, 800x536
>>29556420
I'd fuck 'er
>>
>>29556440
Because you actually find her attractive, or because you want to see what it would be like?
>>
It's interesting to see how the entertainment industry will change in the next 50 years.

Children are now watching less Nickelodeon and Disney and more Markiplier and Pewdiepie.

Why, though? Why is it that a bunch of early-twenties guys screaming into a microphone are able to compete in watchtime with shows like Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents, which are created by a team of animators and marketed specifically for children?
>>
>>29556522

In a nutshell, it's more personable.
>>
>>29556522
it's fucking weird. long, boring videos watching someone play a game instead of action filled tv shows.
>>
He gets more views that pewdiepie already. He hates feminists I like him.
>>
>>29556522
Because they don't watch tv like we did in "our day". We don't either. We literally watched tv by itself. I vaguely remember sitting in a room, possibly with family, while watching TV and only watching TV. Show would be on and get full attention.

Now no one does that. Even your parents and grandparents will be on their computer, tablet, or phone while the tv is on. You don't really pay attention to it, but you get mad when someone changes it or turns it off. This is while surfing intarnets and listening to music/podcasts.

Youtube is short quick bullshit that requires no real attention. It is on while doing something else.
>>
>>29556276
Look at that cramped messy as fuck room, that cheap ass fan, shitty ass mic, everything... nearly 4mil subscribers and he don't even know how to spend his fucking money
>>
>>29556516
I'd do it for the second one, IF I get assured that I would not get any diseases from doing so.
>>
>>29556276
pewdiepie exists, all content is good content
>>
>>29556276
you know how cheap humor always catches?
>lol he slipped with a banana lmao so funny
he does the same kind of exaggeration
>THE CRINGIEST CRINGELORD ON THE WHOLE CRINGTERNET
that people like to see and "roasts" readily shitty videos by talking really fast and insulting just about anything
People want to be cynical about something I guess, and leefy just provides that letout of their feelings. They feel relieved after watching some dumb video being roasted because those videos are shit anyway. He talks about jayyycob sartorius and similar shit
>>
>>29556699
People still watching that retarded disable? I mean people who are over 12
>>
>>29556420
go away spooky skeltal
>>
Teens are getting stupider and stupider I swear. This is the only reason why this shut is popular.
>>
File: 1465940429178.png (207 KB, 480x468) Image search: [Google]
1465940429178.png
207 KB, 480x468
>>29556516
I'm not sure desu, looks kinda cute, like an alien but just human enough
>>
>>29556643

>1999
>living in a remote area of NY
>houses were about 100 feet from one and other
>backyard the size of a football field
>had a large pond surrounded by woods
>would go fishing in the pond
>in the winter these sheet of water from the front of the house to the pond would freeze over
>we would sled for about 2 football fields worth of distance very quickly
>eventually parents couldn't pay for the house anymore
>move in with more family
>have a second story added to the 1 story house
>one Saturday night
>my older Sister and I would get excited for Snick (Saturday night Nick)
>always started at 8:00PM
>Kenan & Kel
>Figure It Out
>Kablaam! (I distinctly remember the intro would tell me to "hold mybreath" and I actually did until the intro was over
>Many others
>My pops would ask my Sister and I what snacks we wanted
>He'd go out and get them
>He'd come back with all the snacks and drinks we wanted
>my Sister and I side by side in a dimly lit half built room
>huddled in corner with a poorly made tent made with sheets
>watching some All That, eating candy, drinking some soda, and eating chips

This went on for quite a while. That was the pinnacle of my childhood. There was something magical about all of it.
>>
>>29556420
go away spooky skeltal originaI
>>
>>29556276
you basically summed up his entire format
>>
>>29556276
I watched one of this guys videos and I thought it was boring. I don't get why people think hes a "cyberbully" since cyberbullying doesn't exist

Go away spooky skeltal
>>
Look at all the robots who can't fathom someone liking something they dont, and you guys wonder why you're all autistic neets
>>
How old is this guy? He looks 15 to me.
>>
File: 1466701533883[1].jpg (24 KB, 336x347) Image search: [Google]
1466701533883[1].jpg
24 KB, 336x347
>>29556420
Go away spooky skeletor, no spooky mcdooty for me
>>
>>29556276
If you know who this is you're probably a kid yourself. I guess it's an open secret that there are children posting on /r9k/.
>>
>>29556420
GO away spooky skeltal
Fuck off
>>
File: Immunitycatprotectsus.jpg (128 KB, 345x1280) Image search: [Google]
Immunitycatprotectsus.jpg
128 KB, 345x1280
>>29556420
I invoke immunity kitter.
skeletor doesn't have a chance
>>
>>29557401
I think he's 20.
>>
>>29557450

>implying I'm not 25

I guess if you happen to have knowledge of anything a kid has knowledge of, you're a kid yourself.

That logic is so faulty.
>>
Go away spooky skeltal

Original comment
>>
It's the retarded infatuation people have with judging other people. LOL LE CRINGE is an easy and convenient avenue to judge and bully people while at the same time claiming the moral high ground. Are you surprised that people would grab onto this en masse or are you just disappointed that people are so shallow and predictable?
>>
I'm happy he called out the high and mighty Ethan Klein. Fuck that guy.
>>
i think its because it makes you feel like you have a friend, kind of like why lonely men love asmr videos

you have to realize these kids grew up in a different time, there was never a point in their lives where they didn't have the internet.
>>
It's fun to group up and make fun of that which is foreign. It's been done in real life for all of human history, why are you surprised that it translates well onto YouTube?
>>
>>29557450
That logic diesn't make sense at all. Makes me question your thought process. Do you actually have legit autism?
>>
>>29556276
Looks like a bit of a twink ;)
>>
>>29556912
Sounds magical anon, gotta respect your mom and dad.
>>
>>29556420
go away spooky skeltal, this is original
>>
i never really watched leafy but his onision rant was in my suggested videos and he was pretty on point with it
>>
nice digits >>29556600
>556600
>>
>>29556420
God damn that was an excellent thread derailer
>>
>>29556420
go away spooky skeltal this post is original
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.