[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it selfish to have children?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: baby-09.jpg (1 MB, 2767x1888) Image search: [Google]
baby-09.jpg
1 MB, 2767x1888
Is it selfish to have children?
>>
think about your life. do you want to inflict that on someone else?

life is 90% work and suffering for the 10% time in which we are allowed relaxation and enjoyment. life is suffering.

don't have kids. if you want to have kids just adopt a kid and make his life marginally less shitty than it was going to be before
>>
breeding (perpetuating suffering) is literally the most morally repulsive thing a sentient being could do, so yeah
>>
To our overpopulated society, yes.

To your parents, you're a fucking asshole who doesn't want to continue their legacy.
>>
>>29556133
Only if you're poor and have shitty genes
>>
>>29556133
The only people continue to have children is because normals and third worlders are driven by their animalistic instincts to fuck and fuck and fuck without thinking of the conseqences

or perhaps they do think of the consequences:
>baby so cute I want one in me now

either way, there's not really a good convincing argument to have children. if you think you would be a good parent than adopt or get a cat/ dog
>>
>>29556199
Only correct answer and even then, it's a maybe until genetically engineered babies are a thing.
>>
>>29556133
>>29556170
>>29556171
>>29556197
>>29556199
>>29556225
>fuck our biological imperative, it's selfish to have children simply because of socioeconomic issues
Antinatalists are the selfish ones, fuck off.
>>
>>29556244
Anon, your biological imperative isn't worth shit. Whether you like it or not we are not the same as animals.

At a certain point in makes sense to start thinking in your best interest and not that of the society
>>
yes, but not necessarily for the reason you think

there are so many children without parents who are in desperate need of adoption

theres no reason to have your own child when theres so many already, your genetics mean nothing
>>
>>29556170
>>29556171
>wahh life is suffering, don't reproduce!
This is the postmodern, post-industrial way Darwinism removes shit genetics from the genepool.

Congratulations!
>>
>>29556257
>whether you like it or not we are not the same as animals
>this meme
Probably a liberal
>>
File: 1466337208638-2.gif (1 MB, 133x227) Image search: [Google]
1466337208638-2.gif
1 MB, 133x227
>>29556244
>MUH BIOLOGICAL IMPERATIVE
>MUH NATURE

Lol, spot the low IQ retard.
>>
>>29556279
You place too much importance on passing on your genes.

Existence is meaningless, why do anything if it doesn't bring you or others pleasure?
>>
>>29556133

Yes. I have shit genes, I am not passing them on to another person so they have to experience my suffering. No fucking way.

I always wanted a son, or multiple sons, and the best thing I can do for them is to not let them be born.
>>
>>29556329
If you actually plan on parenting and not being a piece of shit like my parents were, you should adopt.
>>
>>29556301
Is this post bait? This has to be fucking bait. Denying nature for absolutely inane reasons. Does the fact that your sex drive is your primary motivating factor to do anything also trigger your retarded ass

>low IQ retard
Very subversive logic, goy. The person who embraces nature for what it is is the retard!
>>
>>29556301
low qual b8
>>
>there are so many children without parents who are in desperate need of adoption
not really, it seems like its pretty difficult for even wealthy long time married couples to adopt

>Is it selfish to have children?
if you dont have kids who will take care of you when you get old and infirm? pretty sure thats the reason 95% of people have kids. it's certainly not because they actually believe they can give their kids a better life
>>
>>29556303
That isn't a rebuttal against what I said in that post.
>>
>>29556360
Nice appeal to nature fallacy, moron.

We're the only species intelligent enough to realize life is meaningless and we're all going to die. Having children is utterly pointless and they will just be another drag on society.
>>
Not existing is objectively better than existing because in life it is guaranteed that you will experience more pain than pleasure while not existing is completely neutral.

When you bring a child into this world you are doing so because of a selfish desire to procreate. You are also indirectly responsible for all the pain they will ever experience.

Causing others to feel pain for your own satisfaction is morally wrong.

The one compromise I have is that if you do decide to have a child, that you treat them as your priority. Not just until 18, but forever. If you can't completely devote yourself to making sure your child lives the best possible life, then you should not have children.
>>
>>29556409
>having kids is pointless
>but muh continuation of society!!!!
Holy fucking cognitive dissonance
>>
>>29556357

I've thought about it, but I would only do that if I had a stable wife, and that is never going to happen.
>>
Having children is inherently selfish. Want to carryon your genes? Lonely? Figured you should? It's always about the parent, never about the child. Life cannot be anything other than suffering. Continuing on the cycle by creating life is the most morally repulsive action one could make.
>>
>>29556297
OK fine, what I meant to say is that we are animals, it's true. But there is something that sets us apart, wouldn't you agree? There seems to be something that makes us different than the birds and cats and dolphins and crabs of the world, right? At least I think so.

That is us - we choose to be different, we choose to not let out biological imperatives control us, we choose to have laws and rules in place to instill order over more primal ones - no matter how much you wanna beat up that guy who is dating the girl you like, you won't do it. You think first and don't act like an ape.

So yeah, the biological - and social - imperative to have children and propagate your gene pool is definitely there, it's a force in your brain telling you that you HAVE to have kids, that you are WRONG if you aren't having sex

but... would anything really bad happen if you decide not to listen? If you decided to NOT have kids but enjoy your life instead?
You have literally no obligation to anyone to have children, remember that
>>
File: 1456609409208.jpg (52 KB, 613x617) Image search: [Google]
1456609409208.jpg
52 KB, 613x617
>hedonistic NEETs chastising anyone for being selfish
>>
I want /pol/ to leave.

/pol/ please go. Nobody should have kids if they don't fucking want to.

>>>/pol/

Please leave.
>>
>>29556461
>selfish
if you were truly selfish you wouldn't have children. not having children allows you to use more of your resources on yourself, allows you way more time to do whatever you want, and allows you to live the way you want exactly

the ONE thing that makes people want to have children is the little voice in their head saying how cute kids are and how good of a parent they would be. Having children is irrational no matter how you look at it.
>>
>>29556457
Laws and rules are just in place so those truly in charge can concentrate their power easier. This goes back to what Plato and many after him have said. And society itself just a large scale manifestation of tribalism, something present in apes and many many other organisms.

Then you might say our consciousness is what sets us apart. Then what about dolphins? What about the mysticism behind ant intelligence? Our form of consciousness is something not expressed in any other animal here on Earth, but the fact we celebrate it is due to inherent selfishness within our species. Our consciousness is our primary survival tool. If ants were self-aware, I'm sure they'd cherish their hivemind abilities. So what I mean? We aren't special.

This very conversation highlights the fact that we aren't at all special in the hierarchal order of the universe. Just inane ramblings about nothing.
>>
>>29556401
lol this is the worst reasons to have kids desu
>>
>>29556523
Nobody should have kids period. If it were up to me, nothing on Earth would be alive. I honestly think we need a planetary wide extinction.
>>
>>29556593
you do realize organisms are just great energy converters for the universe at large? Channel your edgy frustration elsewhere.
>>
>>29556401
>who will take care of you

Um, how about the nursing staff at your nursing home?
>inb4 I can't afford it
Than you sure as hell can't afford kids.
>>
>>29556593

I agree, but it won't happen. Life will just continue on as usual, in a circular cycle.
>>
File: CbLpJGwWcAMGtMg.jpg (68 KB, 600x452) Image search: [Google]
CbLpJGwWcAMGtMg.jpg
68 KB, 600x452
>>29556620
The universe doesn't exist, psyop scum. There's the firmament, the 6 firmaments above that and then the unknown. Nothing makes it past the first firmament.
>>
>>29556683

>and then the unknown

That's your wild card, breh.
>>
>>29556549
Having family to care for you as an older person is very beneficial. Things change when your own parents die and you are completely on your own. It's tempting to selfishly start a family and drag them all into your problems.
>>
>>29556133
Let me preface this by saying that I'm not a robot: I've had a long-term girlfriend for just about three years and have been in a relationship of some sort for most of my adult life.

That being said, I would NEVER have children with any woman. I can think of at least eleven defects I have (be they genetic, mental, or even financial) which I would never dream of "projecting" onto a child.

My own parents were fundamentally good people, but they married young and were NOT prepared for the realities of life. As an adolescent I deeply resented them for bringing me into the world because "everyone else" in their social circle was having children. it would've saved the three of us a lot of grief to have had me even a few years later.

I would've been better educated, we would've actually had UTILITIES in our home, and there probably wouldn't have been any domestic abuse between them (which was never very serious desu). But it didn't work out that way.

Not everyone is suited to the "kids" thing.
>>
>>29556839

Yeah, that's what /pol/ morons don;t understand - a lot of us have severe genetic defects, so we shouldn't have kids.

Both sides of my family have FUCKED UP genetic issues that I won't get into here, but it's bad. Really bad. My parents should have known that before they decided to bring another kid into this world.
>>
If God appeared before me I'd call him a cunt for being a selfish asshole for creating life because he was lonely. The hubris it must take to yank a soul out of non existence, into this, meat. And to force a life into this, thresher.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.