[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth trying to get in shape for the sole purpose of attracting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 12e764b.jpg (553 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
12e764b.jpg
553 KB, 1000x667
Is it worth trying to get in shape for the sole purpose of attracting a girlfriend? I'm not obese but unless I become a ripped Chad I feel like I will never get a girlfriend.
>>
>>29555715
>Is it worth trying to get in shape for the sole purpose of attracting a girlfriend?
probably
the pros far out way the cons. and there is a chance under ur fat shit body is a decent body waiting to come out. who knows how you'll look with a different build and a face with less fat on it.
>>
No. You lift weights for your own health and wellness. Doing it for something external will only lead to failure.

Also a ripped beta is still a beta and weights won't fix ugly
>>
>lifting for girls

Lifting and getting in shape will only help very slightly get a gf, some aspects of getting /fit/ will actually be a deterrent if you take it to extremes (which autists will generally do).
>>
>>29555715
This is a horrible idea. Getting /fit/ won't grant you a gf. It might improve your chances but there are many other factors at play.
l do it for feeling better about myself and for halo effect but l don't have any illusions of it solving all my problems.
>>
It has less to do with getting in shape and more to do with creating a consistent, somewhat unique "look". I've seen some busted looking, out of shape men with hot girls, but they had tattoos, piercings, cool clothes/shoes, etc.

What ever will be easiest for you...
>>
>>29555715
At first you'll lift because you want attention from qts.
But after you make progress, the only validation you'll ever need is from yourself.
You could never get attention from woman, but if you look shredded, you'll feel good about yourself looking in the mirror. You won't even care about wanting attention from girls.
>>
>>29555715
>Is it worth trying to get in shape for the sole purpose of attracting a girlfriend?
No

But it is worth getting in shape for its own sake. You should know that once your body adapts to lifting weights regularly, the burning sensation you get from exercise feels better than cumming. You will start to become addicted to it and want to work out all day.

Plus, having a strong body announced to the world that you're a winner and you're in control of your own life.
>>
>>29555715

You might be disappointed if you go that route. If you lift because you want to have a healthy body and feel good, then you're more likely to continue, and also less likely to become an entitled asshat when it comes to sex/relationshits. I mainly lift because it lessens my anxiety, helps me sleep better, gives me more of a reason to eat better, and just generally keeps me sane.
>>
Honestly I lift see I can sleep better, eat better, and motivate myself towards getting out of this damn place.
>>
>>29555715
It's worth getting in shape because it'll give you something more constructive to focus on. Being in excellent shape is one of the best feelings in the world. It's better than drugs, better than sex, and those are both pretty good. You brain will work better because it'll have proper blood flow and your hormones will be in better balance.

Just wanting "a girlfriend" is self-destructive and will ultimately lead nowhere. If you find someone worth making your girlfriend then go for it. If all you really want is "a girlfriend" then find some lonely cutter on a dating website and learn to deal with her tantrums. It'll add nothing to your life but it'll accomplish your stated goal.
>>
I lost weight and acquired noob gains and for the first time in my life women have sometimes lusted after me. Most important is the lack of fat concealing my jaw line.
It's no silver bullet but it can't hurt, it can only help.
>>
Yeah. Being fit gives you enormous health benefits. But if it's just about the girls lifting and being in shape can give you more confidence in yourself, thus helping you attract girls. Maybe the Reddit-tier ''just be confident be yourself bro'' advice will actually work for you now since you'll have something to genuinely feel confident about.

Bonus points if you have good features/facial aesthetics
>>
>>29556033
this desu-orignatu
>>
No, do it exclusively for the health benefits. Being that healthy will absolutely improve your mental clarity and focus. You don't get tired from simply existing as you would if you were not in shape. You literally feel like a million bucks. THAT resonates with women.
>>
You work out so you like yourself better and everyone likes a person who is confident
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.