[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever tried online dating? Have you had any luck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
File: okcuck.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
okcuck.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
Have you ever tried online dating?

Have you had any luck?
>>
I've tried Tinder but I kept getting pissed off at the quality of girls in my area.
>>
>>29555694
its awful don't do it
>>
>>29555721
What's wrong with the quality?
>>
>>29555694
it usually goes like this

>open okc
>scroll for ten minutes
>click a profile
>wow i can't believe we have x obscure thing in common
>send a message
>no reply
>close okc
>open okc four hours later
>no reply
>get mad
>get like really for real bitter
>make a point to give it up forever
>open it again in a couple weeks
>scroll for ten minutes
>find a profile
>cycle repeats

anyone telling me to message 20+ girls at a time go fuck yourself i'm not a panhandler
>>
>>29555694

I've had some good success here and there with OKC and even had sex, but now the quality of women I see in my area is so fucking poor that I don't even bother to take a few minutes each day to look at it. The ones that even do reply to a message seem so uninterested and bored. I suppose I could try Tinder, but I highly doubt it's going to be much better. I'm better off playing vidya and watching anime all day.
>>
>>29555694
Yea, I've tried POF & OKC. I've gotten laid off of both websites and met my last 2 long-term gfs on OKC. Also, prior to like 2010, 4chan was a pretty good "dating" site.
Both websites require that you either:
Have a fuckload of patience
Or drop your expectations significantly.
If it matters, when I participated in the /soc/ rate threads, I usually scored 3/10 or lower.
>>
>>29555742

Bitchy SJWs, trannies, single (young 20s) moms, and flat out awful and boring girls.
>>
It's highly competitive, so don't expect to jump on there and even get a reply from the drop dead gorgeous women.

Those women there are all part of the hookup culture and are trying to meet other chads to sleep around with.

If you want to make it work, you have to lower your standards and mingle with your fellow desperate lowlifes. If you have a problem with that, then online dating isn't for you.
>>
>>29555826
god fuck this i deserve so much better
>>
>>29555814
>boring girls
>profile says she likes to watch a lot of Netlix in her free time
>ask what kind of shows she likes to watch
>"a bit of everything"

and dropped
>>
>>29555694
Ive never met anyone but have like 1100 messages in my inbox. Ive never messaged but like 3 people. Lots of fetish requests.
>>
dating sites are just meat market

when a 6/10 go to a dating site she is a literal god, i don't want to give a woman so much power so i won't participate and give them even more power

wanna meet really hot woman online? go to a sugar daddy site. that's the reality of things
>>
File: 1426897183839.png (516 KB, 680x418) Image search: [Google]
1426897183839.png
516 KB, 680x418
>>29555694
Hated it, absolutely fucking hated it.

In fact it was online dating that led to me swearing off of anything to do with dating. I'm just about done with it all.

If I meet a girl in person and there's chemistry? Fucking cool, sounds good. If not, I'm fine remaining alone.

But I'll be damned if I wind up some desperate motherfucker trawling around OKcupid into my 20s.
>>
>>29555768
Nah, you're doing it wrong. Message girls for your own amusement. Fuck with them without insulting them. Practice being witty/clever. Use really cheesy pick up lines. Have fun.
>>
i met a girl on r9k and we were together for 10 months, only for her to dump me just as things were becoming amazing

is that considered online dating?
>>
>>29555694
I made an OKC profile a few years ago after getting in shape for once in my life. Never messaged anyone, got one message from a qt but never replied because muh social anxiety. Deleted it a few weeks later after realizing that I hadn't checked it in ages.
>>
>>29556085
i don't even have a profile but i got like 1000 messages. all from bots.

every dating site is running bots even paid ones
they do this to either enable messaging back or to make a subscription.
but on the flipside there are tens of thousands of lonely woman out there, the problem is their standards are too high. i don't this ever was a problem when marriage rates were 90%
>>
>>29555694
it's a sham, don't bother
>>
File: Okccc.jpg (868 KB, 1992x1822) Image search: [Google]
Okccc.jpg
868 KB, 1992x1822
>>29555768
You need to message people. Just write a really good message. Make a macro. Search through people. Find say 20 girls. Open tab of each girl. Run macro. Macro prewrites message in all 20 tabs. Customize a few sentences for each person in relation to info on profile. Run 2nd macro which clicks send on every tab.
Literally 5 minutes of work automated. Run this on a bigger and bigger scale, you could message hundreds of girls a day who are all top picks so if you can snag one of them out of 700, you still win.
>>
>>29555814
>I don't like sports
Who would've guessed?
>>
>>29555694
>tfw I have over five hundred tinder matches mostly really hot staceys but too autistic to actualy have a normal converstion with them

I have never been on a tinder date.
>>
>>29555694

yes I have and no I have not
>>
File: 1462902646745.jpg (112 KB, 458x413) Image search: [Google]
1462902646745.jpg
112 KB, 458x413
>>29556393
>U so tall I love it
>>
>>29555694
>Have you had any luck?

I'm not white, so of course not
>>
File: efd.gif (929 KB, 264x320) Image search: [Google]
efd.gif
929 KB, 264x320
>>29557227
oh god dont remind me
it
hurts
my
soul
>>
My problem is I live in a small east Texas rural town and when I search for single girls around my age in my area, the results are well....scarce.

That's my only issue, there might be like 6 girls who log on once every two weeks and that's it. There isn't a lot of variety/options for me, and I'm somewhat picky as well.

>>29555721
This is my problem as well in my area for Tinder, the girls aren't very good and half of them are single mothers or normie stacies who I have nothing in common with.

I just think it's virtually impossible to find a cute weeaboo girl or some nerdy video game girl on Tinder or a dating site, most of the girls are normie stacies and that's it. The only way to find weeaboo nerd video game girls is you have to meet them in person, just be at the right place at the right time. A lot of them don't use tinder or internet dating services, I don't know why that is, they just don't. It's like they are too lazy or having something against I guess.
>>
>>29557295
>I'm not white
nonwhite guys can never hold a conversation. i've stopped messaging you for this very reason.
>>
A moderate amount of luck

1st girl from okcupid led to nothing. We only went on two dates and didn't even hug, the most I could muster up the courage to do was shaking her hand.

2nd girl I saw a few times and we had sex but she was overweight and I wasn't really attracted to her. It was still a good experience though because before this I had never kissed a girl without explicitly discussing beforehand that we were gonna get physical. This was the first time I've ever made a move on a person who I wasn't 100% sure was into me yet.

3rd girl I met on okcupid led to a 1+ year long relationship.. and for the most part it was great. This also has given me at least a little more confidence.

4th girl I made out with and we cuddled in her bed but it went no further than that.

So basically 3/4ths of the girls I've met up with have at least been somewhat into me.
>>
>>29556393
>those messages

Christ I tried way too hard when I was on there
>>
Yes actually. After my gf broke up with me I installed Tinder and OkC just to try it.

Full disclosure: Some girls tell me I'm attractive, others say I look super young and aren't into me (no beard lmao). Regardless I'm a normalfuck who doesn't belong here, I have a decent paying job, I get rated between 6-8.5 on /soc/ threads, and I'm decently tall at 6'4". I have self esteem issues and am insecure but whatever.

I've gone on between 10-15 dates with girls from tinder and just one from OkC. The most recent was from OkC and we've been talking and hanging out for a few weeks.

I've had full on sex with 1 girl from tinder, and the 1 from OkC. Both times on the first date.
I've fooled around (oral & hand) with like 3 others.

The issue I've mostly had with Tinder is girls will just stop talking, even if you get their number, even after hanging out. Which is understandable, it's their market for whatever reason.

The other issue I've had is it made me really detached and aloof. I started off being mostly unsuccessful but not giving a fuck has both seemingly increased my odds for success and decreased my ability to see another person as someone to "seriously" date. Like this most recent girl I've been talking to, had I met her before I did all this dating, I'd be crazy into her. She's cool, shares a lot of interests, is really into me, very attractive... and yet I'm so unphased by her.

Anyway sorry for this fucked up mess of a post, if anyone has any questions I would be willing to answer them.
>>
>>29556393
>messages 100 dudes
>literally a cum guzzling faggot
Kill yourself
>>
>>29556393
I have no idea how some women would bother to message me back. By no means do I have Chad facial features either.
>>
>>29555694
answer is NO.
>>
>>29557708
whats the closest city? Can't you broaden the range of discovery to 100 mi?
>>
>>29558042
I'm a woman?
Like I said Ive messaged like 2 people out of the 1000+ that have messaged me.
I am not attractive.
>>
>>29555694
I tried Tinder for a few months. As for luck, ha! I was starting to wonder if I wasn't getting any matches because there was a bug or something, but there wasn't.
>>
I used to talk to quite a few girls, having sex with some and forgetting about the others. It's all so boring. I got what I wanted, and I stopped caring.
>>
>>29555694
I've been on OKC for a couple years (I'm 30). I only use it when I'm drunk, which is not so much anymore.

I've fucked 4 or 5 girls on OKC, and I don't really message them first. The caliber of girl on a dating website/app is really low.
>>
>>29555694
I've done it for over 10 years now.....still no date.
>>
lnterpals is objectively better
>>
>>29558348
You think I'm going to do a long distance relationship? Think again, I search for girls within 10 miles at max. I'm not about to drive 30 or 40 minutes to hang out with someone, they need to live close by and 30 or 40 minutes isn't close to me.

I want them to live in the same city as me
>>
File: marnie.jpg (118 KB, 608x405) Image search: [Google]
marnie.jpg
118 KB, 608x405
>>29555694
yeah i do it now. it sucks.

>women are lazy daters
>women always try to date up
>women value social skills over reading and writing

online dating, as a system, only augments and multiplies these factors. you will be madder and sadder than you've ever been in your entire life.

i've been intimate with women i randomly met in public before (over time). so now i'm starting to approach women exclusively on a face-to-face basis. online dating is a shitshow. especially now that it's an internet meme. women deliberately go into it half-assed just to be goofy and stupid and le epic troll and attention whoring.

approach women in public. learn to do that. because even with online dating, you have to be a kinda charming person IRL.

NOT at a bar or club though. that's another internet meme. being a shitty bitch at social night establishments. so try the library, or campus quad, or grocery store. anywhere. that's kinda the fun part, honestly. if you just got a haircut and shaved, and you happen to see a qt, go say hey. just smile a lot. like right away, have a vibe of "i'm approaching you right now, isn't this funny?" it will put both of you at ease.

protip: one major test they do is to act creeped out or just give one word answers. DON'T apologize and walk away immediately. just laugh and make a joke at what you said or about yourself. and really watch her face for her reaction. they're trying to find out how you handle awkwardness. do you run away? do you lash out at her because you're le bitter nice guy? so just say something silly about yourself, laugh, and maintain confident eye contact. they often (not always, but often) will smile again and resume the convo as normal. if she still acts weird, then disengage. but if you chat for a while, at some point, say this: "do you maybe have facebook, or twitter, or could i call you, or...?" lots of women are hesitant to give a number and feel like facebook,etc. is communication that's still semi-private.

good luck
>>
I've gone on dates with a total of 7 girls, 1 from pof, 1 from okc, and the other 5 from tinder.

Pof girl had a cute face but was fat and I wasn't attracted to her despite her being into me and probably decent gf material.

Then I got on tinder and every girl I met up with was gorgeous.

>First one friendzoned me. Down about it, I stopped talking to her until I met the next girl, and suddenly I didn't mind being friends with her and stopped crushing on her

>second one I had a nice time with in downtown Chicago, but she moved away to Texas a few weeks after we met

>third one was a sexy Asian who never hit me up again after we met, date was awkward anyway

>4th was a total Stacy from OKC, hot as fuck but bitchy. We talked on the phone for a week before meeting, she acted really horny and called me babe every day, she was needy and acted like we were actually dating before we met up. Never spoke to me again after our date though.

>5th one was a terrible awkward date that only lasted 45 minutes and I didn't care because I didn't like her anyway.

>6th and most recent one was the cutest, and I fell hard as fuck for her. Also got the furthest with her, after an amazing first date, we had an amazing second and she came over and we made out and cuddled. Acted into me still after that and we set up another date, but she never showed and I never heard from her again.

I was so torn up about the last one that I deleted all my dating apps and haven't been looking for a new girl since. This was about 3 months ago.

I don't know if I can take any more of the pain and frustration.

In the meantime I've been doing me, started some outdoor hobbies and I've been enjoying nature and being happy without needing a qt for validation.

Try it robots.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.