[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any robots have experience as a trucker? It seems like the perfect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: truck.jpg (206 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
truck.jpg
206 KB, 600x337
Any robots have experience as a trucker? It seems like the perfect thing for a robot if you are solo.
>>
Yes, be responsible for a giant death machine with limited turning ability and huge blindspots what could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>29554602
Would you rather be a cashier? any suggestions?
>>
>>29554561
That job literally won't exist in 10 years because self driving trucks will replace them. They are already replacing them in Japan and its inevitable that it will happen world wide.
>>
>>29554643
Why do you keep suggesting jobs that won't exist in 10 years?
>>
>>29554643
Any job with minimal responsibility
>>
>>29554656
I think it will take longer than 10 years... more like 50 years, plenty of time for me.
>>29554675
any suggestions?
>>
>>29554692
>I think it will take longer than 10 years
No it won't not even close. Japan is already phasing out truck drivers and they will all be gone in less than 4 years easily. Same with cashiers all the major fast foods will be completely replacing them with kiosks in 10 years or less depending on the company.
>>
>>29554656
>whatever Japan does, the rest of the world will eventually do as well
Can't wait for my used-women's-underwear vending machines!
>>
>>29554656
>10 years
Try 30 for non japanese, afaik japan doesnt have the bigass semis you see here and their roads are pretty much in perfect conditions, self driven cars still have problems with situations like that where the lines are blurred and or with insuficient signs. Also someone will probably need to be riding to sign deliveries and so.
>>
>>29554719
I am sure you still need a person inside just in case.
>>
>>29554719
BULLSHIT!
The amount of problems, that a truck gets is huge.

And a human has to spot those problems.
>>
>>29554719
>>29554818
>>29554823
>>29554945
This is going to be great. I can't wait for al of you wagekeks to lose your jobs.

My job will be safe, since I'll be doing research, something that can't be automated in the near future and something you normal people won't be achieve.
>>
Here is a list of jobs no one should be considering because in 10 years they will be completely replaced because the tech to replace them already exists and its extremely affordable.
>Cashiers
>Truck Drivers
>Taxi Drivers
>Limo Drivers
>Waiters
>Accountants
>Cooks
>Factory line assembler
>Travel agent
>Data Entry
>Loan officers
>Tax preparers
>Umpires and referees
>Bank tellers

25 years of less these jobs won't exist:
>Laborer/construction
>Telemarketer
>Surgeon
>Croupier/Dealer
>Physical therapists
>Chiropractors
>Dental Hygienist
>Janitors
>Pilots
>Librarians
>Bodyguards and security
>Multiple types of engineers

In 50 years won't exist:
>Any type of medical professional
>Plumbers
>Electrician
>Farmer
>Police
>Fishermen
>Sailor
>Programmer
>Nuclear technician
>Infantry soldier

These are predictions by the UN for developed countries such as the ones in Europe, North America, Middle East, and East Asia.
>>
>>29554985
I am still working on an associate degree in general science. I don't work.

>>29555008
I don't know about all that.
>>
>>29555169
Cool. I'm working on my bachelor's for biochemistry.

>I don't know about all that.
It's gonna happen sooner then later and it'll be great(if you actually have a job). You'll be able to literally spit on people because they won't have jobs and will essentially be useless.
>>
File: 1464753053014.png (54 KB, 454x439) Image search: [Google]
1464753053014.png
54 KB, 454x439
>>29554985
If it wasn't for humans replacing parts on trucks, there would be a massive amount of deaths, you nu-male faggot!
>>
>>29554656
yeah and we are all going to be riding hoverboards on mars anyway
>>
I'm a truck driver. Been driving for almost 2 years. AMA
>>29554602
Large trucks account for only 11% of vehicle casualties. My GPS avoids sharp turns. Newer trucks have camera technology and more mirrors. I have no blind spot unless I'm wide load.

>>29554823
Even if self driving trucks were being created and came out tomorrow, they would legally require an operator. Also there's more to driving involved in a trucking jobs. You have inspections, loading/unloading trailers, moving tandems, etc. Also who's going to pay for these trucks? Carriers certainly won't. Even the ones that keep their company drivers in newer trucks every 24-26 months buy the cheapest models available, not even providing their drivers with invertors are APUs, yet alone any technology such as Freightliner's radar tech.

>>29554656
>he reads clickbait blogs
I bet you woulda believed auto-pilot would replace pilots. Even 100% autonomous aircraft requires a pilot according to law.

>>29554985
What is IBM Watson. Similar technology will be the future for 90% of white collar jobs.

>>29555008
Again, technology has no control over the legal system. Half of those cannot be replaced without major regulation.
>>
>>29555425
So you can use a GPS that's probably what I am most curious about. I know it's more than just driving.

What is the most difficult part of your job?
Was getting your CDL tough?
any tips?

I don't know what to do with my life I am just curious about being a trucker, seems nice.
>>
>>29555008
I wouldn't worry about that because there are places in my country in which people don't have an indoors toilet and I'm european
>>
>>29554561
Good luck getting a job. Everyone is hiring, but no one can insure you if you have less than 3 years of experience.
>>
File: 1466964410020.jpg (274 KB, 1322x1429) Image search: [Google]
1466964410020.jpg
274 KB, 1322x1429
yup I do it. make a lot of friends at truck stops b4 to long.
but the school is hard and costs 10k so .... its not for poor fag and or quitters .
long hours and if you don't watch what you eat you will bollon.
>>
>>29555642
>>29555633
I have seen programs where you are taught by the company for free as long as you drive a certain amount of time for them.
>>
>>29555516

The most difficult part is dealing with drivers.

Getting your CDL is easy. Most schools don't take longer than a month to complete.
>>
>>29555633

Where did you hear this bullshit? You can get your CDL at 21 but nobody is going to hire you until you are 23 because of insurance reason. Has nothing to do with experience.
>>
Trucking is indeed a decent career for alienated loners such as the typical robot. Everyone uses piss jugs, and prostitutes are everywhere. (The only time I ever used one on the road was a beej from an Asian qt in Nevada, though.) If you have a good work ethic and don't fuck up, you can make $50K a year easy. If you drive solo, it can be /comfy/ as hell.

I hope I'm not doing it in 10 years, though. It's also unhealthy as hell.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.