[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Delusions or pretend?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: daydream-2[1].jpg (143 KB, 599x276) Image search: [Google]
daydream-2[1].jpg
143 KB, 599x276
I want to hear from others who mostly live inside their head.

What do you think made you this way? I had poor coping skills in HS and took up escapism. Afterwards I came out of my shell and took on more responsibilities as I tried to get my life going but it just made me suicidal.

So it's back to fantasy and pretend for me.
>>
>>29554282
Escape from an oppressive reality. Life is too strict and constraining, and imagining takes you away. Trying to make as much money as possible over the next few years, so that I can start a business and actually do the things I imagine doing.
>>
False dichotomy OP
No need to deny truth where you see it
>>
There is nothing wrong with escapism.
You should live your life the way it gives you maximum pleasure
>>
Daydreamed my entire life, did it in highschool, do it at my job, daydream about my waifu in bed to relax.
>>
>>29554339
I don't feel I'm denying the truth, quite the opposite I embrace many truths other people won't. But that doesn't stop the truth from hurting me, and I escape to a place where I can be happy.
>>
This just reminded me, it's about time to work on my tulpa desu
>>
one of my fictional characters hasn't experienced a lot of things yet. so, for example, eating food is still fresh and exciting. it's nice to get into that frame of mind.
>>
it mostly branched from not being productive putting myself in random situations to make myself FEEL productive. i started daydreaming my life ever since it started.
>>
File: ronald and bigfoot.jpg (37 KB, 381x272) Image search: [Google]
ronald and bigfoot.jpg
37 KB, 381x272
>>29554282
I do this with surroundings, not so much socialization anymore, though I still talk to myself a lot and sometimes I even feel like I've had a conversation. Made-up people in my head, or the image in my mind of old friends I used to hang out with all the time and have since drifted away from, the memories of a girl who i fell in love with almost a decade ago and couldn't give her what she needed to help her through injuries from an auto accident.

I'll imagine myself in my steampunk/dieselpunk fantasy world generally, the main mode of transportation is airships which for the most part resemble pontoon boats, with the pontoons containing devices that cause the ship to float in the atmosphere with a hybrid of directed magnetic fields and "magic." The two main characters in this world are Nathan, a former cabin boy who was the sole survivor of his ship's capture by pirates who has become a mercenary with a formidable fleet, and the last surviving angel of Creation whose name is unpronounceable with a human tongue since angelic language is conveyed not only through sounds but also physical sensations and emotional waves.
>>
>>29554282
I'm literally roger from american dad whenever I leave my hometown, I always pretend to be someone else just for the fuck of it. I'm not really depressed just very bored and this "hobby" got me into some interesting situations

I also have a very genereic look so I can say I come from whatever country I want
>>
>>29554623
I have a lot of internal strifes so I imagine my body is a nation made up of unified states and that my mind is the government.

Sometimes revolution takes place and my whole process of thinking is rethought, and sometimes I have civil wars with certain other states who make life difficult ie the desire for love

I am the Prime Minister and General of the army. I am worn, tired and weary. But I still listen to the people.
>>
File: marceline floating sad GIF.gif (393 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
marceline floating sad GIF.gif
393 KB, 500x281
>>29554777
t-that sounds really kind of harmful, my friend! I mean not necessarily so maybe, but have you ever talked to a professional about it? I mean I Get most of the autism in this thread is harmless symptom-not-cause stuff, but thinking about different parts of your body being at war with each other sounds like it's really self-destructive in itself.

At least you're the PM I guess, not a foot soldier or whatever.
>>
>>29554777
>I am the Prime Minister and General of the army. I am worn, tired and weary. But I still listen to the people.
i really like that
>>
>>29555138
I have and they diagnosed me with schizotypal personality disorder.

Just sometimes you know the logical way of doing something is correct, but your feelings get in the way. Then I go to war on those feelings. I will exterminate and crush them for the greater good.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.