[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I miss old r9k back when you could actually talk about interesting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: gtfveffe97.jpg (101 KB, 589x598) Image search: [Google]
gtfveffe97.jpg
101 KB, 589x598
I miss old r9k
back when you could actually talk about interesting things
>>
OH, LIKE YOU'RE DOING RIGHT NOW?
>>
Let's talk about moral relativism vs moral realism.
>>
holy shit those waffles look nice
>>
>>29553856
any attempt ive done nowdays just ends up with receiving 2 replies at most
seems like the only things you guys are interested are feels and women.
makes me wish we had a moderated general board.
>>
File: ree12.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
ree12.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
>>29553836
>Hey guys I'm a huge fucking homo
>I'm invading your board with my kind
>Hope you enjoy my trannyposts and boipussy
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29553836

what's an interesting thing you'd like to talk about?

I'm interested.
>>
I try to post Seinfeld fan fic every now and then to keep things interesting
>>
>>29553932
Yeah those threads need to fuck off.
How do we accomplish this?
>>
was making me hungry for waffles part of your plan?
>>
>>29553895

okay, you start.

>>29553900
what would you do to improve the board?

>>29553951
seinfeld is boring and unfunny. why do people like it?
>>
>>29553895
Can you explain these two concepts to me so I can have some idea of what we are taking about

I'm guessing they have to do with the morals of an individual vs society and how some morals are based off of a society's culture while others are based off practical ideals (ie no killing)? Probably completely wrong desu idk are you a philosophy or some other humanities major
>>
>>29553836
Top adolf, big guy :^) le reddit army represent!
>>
>>29554002
>seinfeld is boring and unfunny. why do people like it?
>i'm in the minority: the post
>>
File: dumb fuckers.png (54 KB, 960x110) Image search: [Google]
dumb fuckers.png
54 KB, 960x110
4chan got too big. Plain and simple. It followed the same route as your high school D&D club after the high school 1 town over closed down and class sizes jumped to over 700.

With so many people, the rules of mass culture come into effect.

Threads are created at a rate this imageboard was never intended to handle. Thus, only the lowest common denominator posts, the bait posts, the ones guaranteed replies because they offer subjects that EVERYONE has an opinion on (and that give us the endorphins that come with pattern recognition), survive. Pic fucking related.
>>
>>>/b/
[2nd]
>>
>>29554002
>what would you do to improve the board?
the board is beyond saving
>>
>>29554009

>Can you explain these two concepts to me so I can have some idea of what we are taking about

Ok uh, I'll try.

>are you a philosophy or some other humanities major

linguistics major dropout, lol

Moral realism is the meta-ethical position that there are such things as "moral facts"--that some things are literally wrong (immoral), regardless of majority opinion, regardless of what cultures say.

Moral relativism is the idea that moral principles are just opinions with no basis in objective facts. A moral relativist could say "dismembering children and eating them alive isn't objectively immoral--it's only your OPINION (or society's opinion, or someone else's opinion) that it is. Objectively speaking it's neither right nor wrong".

This is a really simplified explanation. It's really more nuanced and complex than this. I'm just explaining it the best I can in a nutshell.
>>
File: 1459746087138.png (391 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1459746087138.png
391 KB, 640x480
>>29554030
>You will never again experience the Internet when it was a relatively small community of enthusiasts/hobbyists
>>
>>29554029
i know i'm in the minority. i also understand that it has had a huge influence on entertainment and that i'm supposed to appreciate it.

however, i've never found it funny or entertaining. it's not because it's old, either. i think I Love Lucy is much funnier. As is the three stooges.

care to explain what you like about it so much?

>>29554080
then why mention moderation?
>>
>>29554253
>then why mention moderation?
it has to be from the beginning, its an avalanche now that cant be stopped.
>>
>>29554172

does moral realism take into account things like doing something bad to ensure something worse doesn't happen?

for example: lying about someone's whereabouts to throw a murderer off their tail.
>>
>>29554279

fair point. i'm just asking for the sake of discussion- if you could set up a new board, what rules would you put in place and how would you moderate it to maintain high quality discussion?
>>
File: 1462068386126.jpg (50 KB, 640x444) Image search: [Google]
1462068386126.jpg
50 KB, 640x444
>>29554030
>4chan got too big

In a manner of speaking. 4chan was sold out to the media a long time ago.

You have to realize the nature of the media.
It's a massive centrally controlled entity even though it has many faces.

It exists to delude us. To relieve us of our senses by entertainment. To make us fool ourselves into feeling that everything is okay because we don't spend enough time thinking about our problems and their causes.

Everything here is manipulated by censorship. Good content is flooded out with content crafted by the media. Also good content is outright deleted.
A great many threads are not created by "real users" of the site. They are created by "professionals" using data mined from the posts here and any number of other sources.

The internet and the media in general is the biggest fishing net of all time. It's capturing the entire human race. This is intended to be the end of the masses.
>>
>>29554861
And then there's shitters like you. You don't even realize you are part of the problem
>>
>>29554324
it would be a general board, work safe
and just ban the kind of discussion that ovetook everything here
and possibly just ban other discussion that proliferates too much in the board.
>>
File: valiumadvert.jpg (44 KB, 541x740) Image search: [Google]
valiumadvert.jpg
44 KB, 541x740
I'm just going to post this here, it's not like anyone will read it anyway. No point in making a new thread.

You wanna read something semi-interesting?

I have something called eosinophilic esophagitis. Go look it up. Right now, my esophagus feels incredibly tight/inflamed/constricted. I've been eating poorly (literally had tendies the other day which contained milk ingredients) and my throat problem keeps getting worse.

It feels like I'm constantly choking when its like this.

I found out I had this condition after choking at a restaurant and being rushed to the emergency room.

I also have anxiety/panic disorder which can make you feel like you're choking sometimes. Pic related I wish I could be on benzos 24/7.

Thanks for reading.
>>
>>29554968
what types of things would you want discussed?
>>
>>29553958
I say we set up an anti-gay/trap squadron. Post it maybe 2-3 times a day, then until the influx of gay slows down, reduce that to once a day. Use the thread to post good straight shit, and force straight propaganda. When you see trap threads, flood with straight fantasies. We'll also develop a blacklist for others to use. Are you in?
>>
>>29553836
I remember the time when you could create a about romantic relationships with children and it would go on for multiple threads with minimal shitposting. Like other people in this thread have said, 4chan is far too popular now for this to be possible. Although, sometimes, I do manage to find and participate in a nice discussion for 10 minutes before someone starts race baiting and the thread shifts to shitposting about how asian men are unwanted.
>>
>>29554030
>. It followed the same route as your high school D&D club after the high school 1 town over closed down and class sizes jumped to over 700.
story?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.