[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't you denounced all wants of this physical realm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
Why haven't you denounced all wants of this physical realm and given yourself up to the Lord yet?
>>
lol r3ligion, i'd rather fuck myself with a rhino horn
>>
Because no deity helped me. Everything I did, I did it with myself. So regardless as to whether a deity exists, I'll follow my own rules in this life and in the next. Thank you.
>>
>>29552660
It's not possible.

To do the Lor'ds work, one must be alive. You need a living body.

To sustain the body, certain necessities must be fulfilled.

It is never possible to totally forsake the material in favor of the supernal. The correct path is neither exit from material nor indulgence, but the middle path of wise use of the material in service of the work.
>>
>>29552660

because I don't believe in fairy tales.
>>
>>29552667
>>29552796
>>29552687

If only they knew.
>>
>>29552834

Please share your enlightenment, anon.
>>
>>29552660
>denounce all wants
>holy man with a cigarette
>>
>>29552660
Because god doesn't want me. I've been trying to believe my whole life because atheism is depressing. Literally gotten on my knees and begged God to give me faith, just give me a feeling that he's out there and listening, and gotten nothing.
>>
>>29552660
Because Preacher taught me that God is an asshole who doesnt deserve my love.
>>
>>29552687
>I did it with myself
no lol
>>29552796
>fairy tails
Nice meme
>>29552959
>>29552966
That mindset is why you're still stuck; you are expecting something in return instead of sacrificing yourself and accepting the anxiety that is central to Christianity.
>>
>>29553057
>>you are expecting something in return

All I was asking him for was some faith that he exists, not a good life or anything else of benefit to me. If God's real and even that's too much to ask then fuck him.

The real reason I got nothing back is that he isn't real though.
>>
>>29553057
Dude, religion is literally a meme, minus the internet.
>>
>>29553120
Asking for faith because the lack thereof upsets you is asking for something.

>The real reason I got nothing back is that he isn't real though.
This is why you suffer and will die alone.
>>29553168
Nope, atheism is.
>>
>>29553210
>Asking for faith because the lack thereof upsets you is asking for something.

The bible literally says that you should ask God for faith though.
>>
File: 1466885843888.jpg (102 KB, 500x646) Image search: [Google]
1466885843888.jpg
102 KB, 500x646
>>29553210

What the fuck did you just say?

I'll have you know, my spagetti lord and saviour is just as real as yours.

God bless you, may your marinara sauce be extra saucy and your pasta al dente.
>>
>>29553296
Ask, not expect for the sole reason that it might make you feel better.
>>29553306
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH FUCKKIN MEMES XDDDDDDDD
>>
>>29553324
Why would God deny someone's request for faith just because giving it to them might make them happier? You make God sound like an asshole.
>>
>>29553324

LOLZZZZ HE THINKS THERES A MAN IN THE SKY WHO MADE THE WORLD IN 7 DAYS

HAHAHAHA EPIC MEME, LE UPBOAT.
>>
>>29553345
xdddd i le project my le morality onto a le perfect being xdDDDD
>>29553354
t. illiterate
>>
>>29553372

t. delusional zealot
>>
>>29553372
>>xdddd i le project my le morality onto a le perfect being xdDDDD

man, it didn't take much for you to stop trying.
>>
why not denounce both and give yourself up to the concrete.
>>
>>29553210
Considering atheism is an umbrella term, ie covers Buddhism and such, I almost with you. I'm agnostic, of which also falls under atheism, but isn't one of the memes, so I cannot agree.
>>
>>29552660
What's your pic supposed to portray? That church is cool cause there's a cool dude lighting up a cigarette there?
>>
File: Iudaeusinimicusoccisusest.gif (15 KB, 240x230) Image search: [Google]
Iudaeusinimicusoccisusest.gif
15 KB, 240x230
Because I am devoted to chaos instead.

I am not shitting you, it works.

I don't do it as often anymore because it disturbs me to think reality is as fragile as all that.

The most dramatic example:

>create sigil for teenage girls to like me
>two days later
>for absolutely no discernible reason three teenage girls start following me around
>the group is almost tailored to fit my needs
>one girl who's somewhat smart and capable of holding a conversation
>two bubbly teenage bimbos who are hot and lusting after my dick
>can hold a conversation with one while enjoying the attention of the other two
>they give me their number

But I couldn't bring myself to call them because I was too freaked out. My sense of reality was broken.

I'm not sure what the true nature of reality is, but I suspect it's looser than any system of theology tells us.
>>
File: 8587[1].jpg (211 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
8587[1].jpg
211 KB, 1024x768
>>29552660
>convince yourself of some magical afterlife
>not advancing science and technology and turning this universe into heaven
why aren't you properly serving the Lord yet?
>>
>>29553564
*sniff*
you smell that?

Smells like fresh bullshit
>>
>>29553564
that only works to change your thought processes, it's not a make-a-wish magic system. if you thought you were able to attract them, you are more likely able to. they didn't magically appear when you drew it like you're in a fullmetal alchemist episode.
>>
>>29553650
>implying we're all mentally, socially, and otherwise equipped to be scientists or tech people
>>
File: 1394523017333.png (394 KB, 880x1592) Image search: [Google]
1394523017333.png
394 KB, 880x1592
>>29553650
immanentize the eschaton, my friend
>>
>>29553662
I can't prove it to you, obviously, but I can advise you to try it yourself and I'm confident you'll experience something.

>>29553679
The only way that explanation works is if I am already attractive to teenage girls and given that I'm the average /r9k/ using recluse, I doubt that.
>>
>>29553724
it it the sign in your post? did you do anything before/after the drawing? Like... incantations or some shit?
>>
>>29553463
Agnostics are the biggest meme.
>>29553650
science and technologies are materialist evils
>>29553690
Inventors are not righteous people.
People should die poor.
>>
>>29553798
If the material world is evil just kill yourself already and leave it.
>>
>>29553724
>The only way that explanation works is if I am already attractive to teenage girls and given that I'm the average /r9k/ using recluse, I doubt that.
you're right, drawing something on a piece of paper making people appear from thin air who do what you want is much more reasonable and likely

if you're not bullshitting you probably are it most likely just gave you confidence to not be afraid and go for it. which is what i said it would do. believing it to be some kind of superpower that'll give you whatever you want is harmful to you. how is it any different than another anon saying he prayed for a girlfriend when he was a kid? you probably think prayer is stupid but drawing a picture will actually make something happen.
>>
>>29553798
>science and technologies are materialist evils
Curing disease is evil? Stopping pain is evil? Fixing people who have damaged brains is evil? Making sure people have enough food is evil?

Why are you on a computer and using the internet? You're using evil for your own benefit.
>>
>>29553907
>Curing disease is evil? Stopping pain is evil? Fixing people who have damaged brains is evil? Making sure people have enough food is evil?
Yes, stop pretending otherwise you savior-complexed moron.
>Why are you on a computer and using the internet? You're using evil for your own benefit.
empiricism does not confirm empiricism.
>>
>>29553792
The deal with chaos magick is that the ritual doesn't have to be from some grimoire or something, you just have to do something that alters your state of mind and helps you concentrate on what you intend. Some people say you should masturbate, because it gets you excited and at the moment of orgasm your mind goes blank. What I did was go into an old dilapidated building near my house, lit some candles and rocked back and forth in the darkness while concentrating on the sigil I had made. I did this for two hours until all I could think of was the sigil. Then I burnt the sigil and forgot about it. Two days later, the girls approached me.
>>
>>29553946
Why is stopping pain evil exactly?
>>
>>29553946
>calling me a moron
>literally wants people to be poor and stupid with blind faith
Go back to the dark ages
>>
If you follow the teachings in the bible, will you still be allowed into the kingdom of heaven if you haven't been to church since your parents stop forcing you to or don't even identify as a christian?
>>
>>29554043
There were no dark ages.

People are stupid still you delusional twerp.

Blind faith is a good thing.
>>
>>29554114
You don't need to go to church or say you belong to a certain group. The bare minimum is just being a good person.

Nobody will be tortured for eternity, if you were a bad person you'll have to feel what you did to others so you can repent.
>>
>>29553798
It's the lack of faith. The lack of memes and delusions. Kill yourself.
>>
>>29554148
>Blind faith is a good thing.
Then why can we see logic and reason in things? Why can we predict the movement of celestial bodies? Do you agree with blind faith of other religious adherents that aren't your own?
>>
>>29554164
Wrong, only those that accept Christ are saved.
>>29554196
Atheists are the only delusional people represented in this thread.
>>29554202
>>29554214
Logic and reason are lies propagated by those whom benefit from them.
>>
>>29552660
Because the lord created the physical realm
If I gave myself up to him it'd be the same as begging him to play round 2 with me
>>
>>29554248
>Logic and reason are lies propagated by those whom benefit from them.
Why is this? And how did you draw this conclusion without using any form of logic or reason?
>>
>>29554297
>everything requires my ideology
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.