[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /helpingpeoplebecausetheywantto/ >see old lady carrying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1412640578935.png (84 KB, 197x787) Image search: [Google]
1412640578935.png
84 KB, 197x787
Who here /helpingpeoplebecausetheywantto/

>see old lady carrying grocery bags
>she is troubled by it
>ask her if she needs help
>she says no
>tell her that I will carry it
>she gives them after I insist
>walk her to her house and give her the groceries
>she says thank you, offers something to drink
>I tell her that I did it because I wanted to and that a prayer was enough
>continue whatever I was doing
>>
File: 1447723093993.jpg (76 KB, 398x500) Image search: [Google]
1447723093993.jpg
76 KB, 398x500
>>29552383
You're a good person anon. Keep it up
>>
>>29552383
nice one my dude, can't do nice things without bragging online and posts anime girl to seem cute
>>
>>29552383
I mean, I suppose its a good thing the world has people like you. But I don't understand why you are that way. I get wanting to help family or close friends, but strangers? why go out of your way?
>>
lol, one time I saw an old lady struggling to hold on to a cart full of groceries while walking down the slight slop on the parking lot.

I offered to help her with her cart and then pushed it to my friends jeep and loaded it into the back before she could walk her old ass back to the store to get help.

We drove off with like 200 dollars of food and shit.
>>
>>29552383
>Once gave 3 dollars to a homeless dude
>Felt like a dick for the rest of the night for assuming he needed it
>>
File: b-bully.png (794 KB, 828x720) Image search: [Google]
b-bully.png
794 KB, 828x720
>>29552437
>not sharing with your friends

it is like you don't even like me anon
>>
>>29552471
I just can't seem to stand when people are not laughing genuinly.

The moment I see that child like pupils and the genuine smile of appreciation in their eyes, I feel amazed by human kind.
>>
>>29552519
you are NOT cute
>>
File: 3.png (378 KB, 687x467) Image search: [Google]
3.png
378 KB, 687x467
>>29552550
No need to worry anon, I also like you.
>>
>>29552383
Yes. I don't believe it is entirely selfless, since we get satisfaction for ourselves by doing a favor or other good deed. The feeling is great though and ultimately it's a great thing to do. Keep it up.
>>
I tend to help people when I see them...It's weird, I always feel this weird compulsion to help them, and if I don't (For whatever reason) I feel guilty about it for hours after
>Anyone struggling with something heavy
>Old people struggling with basic things
>People in wheel chairs trying to navigate restaurants with food
>People crying in public
>People with strollers trying to get them down stairs
>Paid for a older woman's purchase at the dollar store because she was having trouble getting her coin purse out of the side of her wheel chair.
Fuck I once ran out into a semi busy road to grab a guy's dog who had gotten off his leash. I'm generally a pretty jaded and unhappy individual, but I just always like helping people I guess...
>>
>>29552650
That is how we all are anon. We all want to help others to achieve the most simple tasks.

Like this anon said >>29552607 it is not a selfless act.
I know that I do it because I like to help others and I feel amazing helping them.

And when I don't I know I will regret it so I just help them.

It is better to help them than feel regret later on.

Keep up doing the good work anon. A genuine smile is the best reward to get.
>>
>>29552699
>>29552650
I definitely feel bad too if I just pass by without doing anything. I'm very passive sometimes and my anxiety will at times keep me from helping people. Hopefully I can get over it.
>>
>>29552869
If you think about helping others that is also good enough anon.
One day you will be able to change it and help someone.

Keep thinking about it and you will help someone one day.

There is no feeling better than helping some other.
>>
I do. I have this compulsion to help people. My therapist asked why and I never thought about why. It's literally just a part of me I think.
>>
>>29552988
He probably tried to make some connection with the other stuff that has happened to you.

But literally there should be no reason to help others. It is just something we all should do because at the end we humans are social creatures who survive in packs.
>>
Very refreshing to see a thread like this in an otherwise godforsaken place.
>>
Sometimes I come on the board to help people get excited about things.

A lot of you guys aren't into doing much, and I wish you'd all just hang out and read a book.

It breaks my heart to see all of you crushed and lonely.

I always give advice like trying to learn and expand you knowledge of the world.

Because at the end of the day, you'll always feel better if you learned something new and interesting.

So many of you have lost your wonderlust. Your curiousity. You sense of adventure. All you have in doubt, uncertainty, and fear.

A lot of anons are too afraid to keep turning over new stones, scared of rejections and disappointments.

I just want to get at least one robot excited to learn. Excited to know more about the world around them.

If I knew I helped one robot learn anything, I would cry tears of joy.

All of you deserve to have the happiness and good feelings that learning gives one.

I wish I knew how to help more. I used to do mission work, but that's fallen by the way side, since war broke out in the country I help in.

I just want to give robots that sense of happiness they seem to so desperately need.
>>
>>29553318
it's just hard to do on here, man. gotta actually do it in real life. most people on here won't take the advice, at least in my experience. doesn't keep me from trying, though. i agree with everything you're saying, though. Just recently I got a bit more interested in history and trying to build a passion for it. It's gonna take time, though, after so many years of just sitting around and not learning anything of importance.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.