[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tfw no happy memories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 1460303393003.jpg (35 KB, 484x497) Image search: [Google]
1460303393003.jpg
35 KB, 484x497
The other day I was going through some ancient family photo books I found in the basement, dating back to when my grandma was a teenager, the most recent ones are probably 40 years old. I saw all kinds of happy photos from the seaside, trips to the countryside, and so on. I guess my granda would have been an instagram fanatic if she wasn't born in the 40s.

Then I reflected at myself and I have no happy memories whatsoever. I wasted my entire life playing shitty videogames that just wasted my time and left me empty in the end. And I also have a shitload of unhappy memories of being bullied, ostracized, misunderstood, having no gf, and the list goes on and on. I had some trips with my parents but I have no relevant memories of those times for some reason. I'm not nostalgic of anything, except maybe older video games. I have no memories of friends, adventures, and especially no memories of love.

I feel so fucking empty inside right now. I'm 27 and I'm sure I've missed out on fundamental aspects of a healthy human life, being kv with no happy memories whatsoever. With wageslaving and being an adult I just can't catch up on any of that anymore, and I know it is only getting worse and I will commit suicide at some point sooner or later.

Anyone know this feel? Have you got any happy memory at all that doesn't involve video games or other similar bullshit?
>>
File: 1419160705900.png (43 KB, 393x400) Image search: [Google]
1419160705900.png
43 KB, 393x400
I guess nobody knows this feel, and I hope I will die in my sleep tonight.
>>
Only 18 and i got no happy memories. Was i born to be lonely?
>>
>>29551810
You can still make some even though it's getting late. If you have no happy memories by the time you're officially an "adult" I think you're fucked.
>>
I got 1 real friend, anyone i try to talk to end sup hating me. Im fucked
>>
File: 128741847152.png (21 KB, 357x313) Image search: [Google]
128741847152.png
21 KB, 357x313
I'm pretty much the same even though I'm only 19. My last real happy memories were back when I was 14 or so and had a huge group of friends, then I lost them all and I've spent the last 5 years playing computer games and going to school. I have no good memories of school either as I was alone in pretty much all of my lessons, never making any attempt to talk to anyone cause I didn't know how to. I never made any friends apart from the two sort of half friends I had left who, as soon as I left that particular school, stop talking to me, but then again I stopped talking to them as well so I can't blame them.

Like you my only "happy" memories from this period of my life consist of feeling nostalgic over video games I played a few years ago, back when I had hope my life would change for the better and I was marginally happier. I should've tried harder to make friends, but I didn't, now I'm here alone, only speak to my dad and my brother occasionally. I never learnt how to make conversation with people and have no idea how to make friends, yet I'm only 19 but life is going so fucking fast already I don't see myself changing. I really fucked up.
>>
>>29551542
I know exactly how you feel. except I was never given a chance to create good memories.
>>
>>29551943
>I'm only 19

just hang on, you're still young. I've had the time of my life between 19-22 when I was in vocational school. You can't know what's coming
>>
File: 1457145258159.png (23 KB, 710x860) Image search: [Google]
1457145258159.png
23 KB, 710x860
>>29552057
Fair enough, that's why I still have some hope, not a lot though.
>>
>>29551542
Ever since I've been on Lexapro my memory has gone. I have trouble remembering most things that aren't immediately relevant. I didn't live a terrible childhood, but I wasnt a Chad or popular by any means through middle and high school. I still lost my virginity and got to enjoy parties and such though. The sad thing is I don't seem to remember much anymore unless I try really hard to think about it and even then I pull up lots of blanks. That's probably for the best though, since it keeps bad memories away and allows me to stay in the present. Overall, I'd recommend Lexapro to robots, even with the sexual side effects.
>>
Life pretty much ends after college, after that its wageslaving and dealing with bitter defeated left over women. Look around, the majority of people work just to survive. Fun time is over, now we have to be adults. I now see why some guys say fuck it and become homeless or live out of vans.
>>
I feel like I've permanently missed out on things that are mandatory in life.

Imagine you're playing Resident Evil and you accidentally save several hours in but you don't have enough ammo and health kits to go on, and no backup saves, so you have to restart the whole fucking game because it would be pointless to go on, you'd just keep dying at the next zombie or boss.

My life is constantly like that except I can't start a new game.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.