[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hypothetically if you wanted to kill yourself would you do it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: hope_its_diet_.jpg (31 KB, 480x363) Image search: [Google]
hope_its_diet_.jpg
31 KB, 480x363
Hypothetically if you wanted to kill yourself would you do it in a slow manner(strangling with belt) or quick manner(gunshot)

I feel like both are scary and pills are aren't an effective way out.
>>
bump

originano
>>
>>29551443
I saw a horrible video of a Syrian girl hanging herself, her boy start spazzing out and contorting. Definitely a gun or jumping of a high building
>>
>>29551443
shes cute who is she?
organo
>>
>>29551966
I read stories about this how the body naturally starts moving around frantically even though the person is unconscious from hanging.

Guns seem scary since I've also read a lot of horror stories of people surviving self inflicted gunshots and even seen some videos of some idiot on best-gore with half of his face blown off in some hospital still moving around
>>
I'd trek up a mountain, sit atop it for a while and then jump off.
>>
>>29551980
I don't know and to be honest I forgot how I found this pic. Probably some edgy normiebook meme page.
>>
I was going to kill myself a few months ago. I was gonna take a fuck ton of pills then shoot myself. Wondering if you're somehow going to survive is definitely a very scary thought. But if you want out bad enough, you get over it.
>>
I'd go with a gun, probably. Quick, painless if you do it right, and effective. I'm not a woman, if I'm going to kill myself I'm going to do it right.
>>29552034
You just gotta know how to pull it off. Realistically, surviving is pretty rare. You want to go in through the roof of the mouth.
>>
>>29551966
>>29552035

Diving off also seems scary because you'd be anticipating the moment of impact the whole time. It can't be that bad though since it would probably be quick.
>>
>>29552088
I saw some video about some news reporter who shot herself through the back of her head. I guess that's also pretty effective
>>
>>29551443
The only way I'd kill myself is if it was INSTANT. Like 10 people holding shotguns to my head and blowing it all the fuck out simultaneously like an exploding watermelon. Actually I'd want my entire body done like that, shot all the way down into smithereens and burned. If any of my body were to remain then I would be terrified of being conscious and getting buried alive while conscious for eternity. I wonder what jumping into a volcano is like, hmmm....
>>
I recommend H2S.
>>
>>29552107
That's why I'd sit at the top for a while, to make sure I was calm enough and what it's what i really wanted. The only risky thing is if you jump from something that isn't a cliff; rolling down a mountain wouldn't be fun. Plus it needs to be high enough and have nothing that can break the fall at the bottom, like trees.

I think if i don't find a woman and have a family by the time I'm 40-50 that's what I'm gonna do.
>>
>>29551443
Hanging is actually pretty fast.

>>29551966
When the body starts twitching, your brain is already long gone, at that point the brain is just trying to save itself.
>>
>>29552251
>I think if i don't find a woman and have a family by the time I'm 40-50 that's what I'm gonna do.

Don't kid yourself.
>>
>>29552340
It honestly seems kinda peaceful too. I saw this video on the otherside of some dominatrix killing one of her slaves by chocking him out. The whole time he seemed euphoric and as he faded out he seemed happy.

This video really struck something with me especially with the whole David Carridan and Robin Williams suicide thing
>>
>>29551443
Preferably shot myself with a shotgun. Alternatively I would hang myself from a tall place, like a tree, so that the neck snaps.
>>
>>29552401
>Don't kid yourself.

Implying I will find a woman or I'll never jump of a cliff?
>>
>>29552464
I don't care about your problems. No one does. This is a suicide advice thread not a pity thread. I'm sorry to hurt your feelings but this is the truth.
>>
>>29552530
Bwahahaha, ok.

I wasn't posting for pity. OP was asking how we'd off ourselves so I answered. Just thought I'd say about getting old because the reasons people an hero is sometimes interesting.

My feelings are intact, just in case you are wondering/
>>
>>29552643
Okay cool, back you go https://www.reddit.com/
>>
File: 928583792.jpg (29 KB, 410x323) Image search: [Google]
928583792.jpg
29 KB, 410x323
>>29552690
>implying I'm not already there
>>
>>29552340
>your brain is already long gone

Your consciousness* is already long gone.

The reason hanging is the favorite method outside of places where you easily get a gun like in USA or a military base is because you're unconscious trough the whole process. It's not like poisoning where you actually feel the discomfort, or jumping from a bridge where you might hit with legs first and slowly drown to death.

>Drowning and hanging, then, are painless modes of dying, because the asphyxia which causes death is complicated by other circumstances which render the dying man so soon unconscious that the pangs of suffocation are unfelt. And the insensibility which results from hanging is so insidious and painless in its approach, that experiments on the subject are very dangerous for any one to make alone. It is probable that many persons, who are supposed to have committed suicide in this way, had really no intention of bringing about their own death. Some have been led, like the two gentlemen mentioned by Morgagni, to try the experiment out of curiosity. Others may have done it out of pique. It is not impossible, nor perhaps improbable, that high-spirited boys or girls, after a degrading punishment, should rush off, as we read of their doing, and hang themselves. The child puts a cord around his neck, and steps off from a chair, expecting to be followed, found choking, and released, by the anxious parents. If he is not followed and his absence not noticed, nothing can be easier for him than to step up on the chair again, loosen the rope, and no one will ever know of his folly. In the first case he would obtain his childish revenge for the wrong he had received, and in the second case he would lose nothing, for he is his only accomplice. But the laws of Nature are too stern.
https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Popular_Science_Monthly/Volume_13/July_1878/The_Question_of_Pain_in_Hanging
>>
>>29551443

Hypothetically, I keep a loaded pistol with 40cal hollow points in my night stand that I have to convince myself not to use every night before I go to sleep. Hypothetically of course.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.