[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's r9k's experience with the psychiatric services?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1464378893855.jpg (91 KB, 940x626) Image search: [Google]
1464378893855.jpg
91 KB, 940x626
What's r9k's experience with the psychiatric services?

>inb4 the SSRI conspiracy mafia or the "i stayed once at the ward and it makes me a mysterious and cool person" aka the romanticizer of mental illness archetype
>>
>>29550200
>ssri
>not a conspiracy

come on man, they don't do shit yet docs keep prescribing them. clearly there's a reason for this. hmm, maybe it could be....money? NOPE CANT BE THAT
>>
>>29550200
I'm weening off Zoloft after having been on it for two years
>>
>>29550258
Okay, anon. Look at your post again. You're saying nothing of value to anyone. Do you see?
What is valuable is speaking of your experiences with it, side effects, how it's helped you, etc.

I mean I know half of you have autism but please, look at your posts and question them: do they have substance? Do you add anything to a discussion? If not, refrain from posting. I don't see what anyone, including yourself, has to gain from it.
>>
>>29550200
Many (if not most of them) psychiatrists (and psychologists) are themselves unstable people.

This psychiatrist pushed me meds to me and would not answer to me what effects would I experience, until I said I would not swallow that unless he answered me, then he proceeded to lift from his chair and claim he had this title and that title etc... Like I, as a patient, did not have the right to know what I was doing to my body and brain, because that was attacking his authority.
>>
>left school 4 months before finishing
>parents took me to psychologist, she said I should see psychiatrist.
>parents took me to psychiatrist, she was a bitch, so I made a scene or something.
>she called ambulance to take me to ward cuz of "psychosis"..
>got there, met many interesting people, one guy said he believed in stars. the fuck that meant idk.
>got diagnosed with schizotypal disorder, prescribed risperidone for 5 years.
>used to smoke weed, did shrooms few times.

I liked it there.
>>
yes I was a patient at a couple outpatient mental health services

first, if you're not rich don't get your hopes up for any of the shit you saw in the movies. the sliding scale nonprofit places are staffed by interns that don't know what they're doing yet and mean old black ladies working the desk. the therapists/counsellors and the nurse practitioners magically can't (or don't care to) tell the difference between a hood rat looking for their crazy check and you, the one with real lifelong depression. they've just stopped caring at the point in their career that you enter in at. I clocked my therapist talking about herself learning guitar from YouTube for 15 minutes. it wasn't a clever transition to telling me to get hobbies or something which would make sense, she just didn't care what I had to say.

if your goal is to be medicated, though, it will work. just go in and tell them you're sad every day for no reason. don't fall for the "they care about me" meme. I was honestly at the worst point of my life when my therapist saw fit to move me from monthly visits to 6 month visits. I really don't see why she could come to that conclusion when it was obvious she didn't remember who I was at each session.

just don't get your hopes up unless you can afford to pay someone enough that they'll remember your name.
>>
>>29550494
oh shit, that's bad news. get a new doctor. read about the medicine yourself.
>>
>>29550564
>the difference between a hood rat looking for their crazy check and you, the one with real lifelong depression
I've got news for you...
>>
>>29550621
I know what you're going to say

we're both about as useless as humans can get?
>>
>>29550587
It has been 2 years since I have seen this guy. The place where it was his clinic is emptied and vandalized, I think he broke or something. Seems like crazy people destroy themselves when there is no one to support their craziness :)
After that, I went to a psychiatrist who was really calm and seemed to look me like a puzzle to solve (found it pretty awesome), sent me to a psychologist to do a battery of neuropsychologic and all. He was initially thinking of trying Ritalin (Adderall similar) to solve my problem, but seeing the results made him conclude that no doctor would be able to diagnose me, so he said he could drug me but he thought it would probably not solve anything and I should try just go on with my life.
This guy was the son a former friend of a my grandpa.
>>
>>29550823
he went broke*
>>
>>29550200
The services are shit and the meds are shit for me

I dont know who I went to see. I just took my aunts word for it and went. I got Zoloft prescriptions. I had to deal with a greater dose of insomnia and hyper sex drive all night. I lost 60 pounds and I also felt really aggressive after 6 months use.

I'm not trying to play test subject or get put on more meds so I give up on these services. The voices of suicide go away if I forcefully work on my hobbies.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.