[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
open relationships
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 1422665534469.jpg (97 KB, 800x1067) Image search: [Google]
1422665534469.jpg
97 KB, 800x1067
Am I beta for thinking that open relationships are disgusting?

How could you go on dates with a woman, knowing she was sleeping with someone else? I would be miserable. I would fucking hate myself for being in one. I also just don't like the idea of having sex with someone when there could have been another cock up in there recently.

WTF /r9k/!!!??? I thought this was normal. Why are some guys able to do this?

Also, dont give me the "asking about it is beta in and of itself" argument. I would never have even known about the alpha beta duality if it wasnt for 4chan. WTF is going on guys? Am I fucked up or is everyone else?
>>
they're disgusting and I would break up with someone for even suggesting it
>>
File: 1462067107599.png (689 KB, 1221x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462067107599.png
689 KB, 1221x1080
No that's not beta at all. Open relationships are disgusting. Simple as that.

Any self respecting man or woman would be repulsed by the idea.
>>
One I was told so, she was green of jelousy if I talked to another girl, but I shouldn't get involved if she was flirting with another guy.
>>
>>29549630
I find the concept of open relationships repulsive, but objectively there's nothing wrong with them as long as it's what both parties want.
Let people who want open relationships have them, and you can have your conventional one.
>>
>>29549630

Nope.

"Open relationships" is like "Open source": everyone can put his hands and penis on your lovely one.
>>
>>29549630
I'm not afraid of open relationships, it's just not a real relationship. I usually pretend to care about fuck buddies and buy them some stupid trinket or a teddy bear on their birthday anyway, so it wouldn't feel any different having an 'open relationship' and banging other chicks. It's only the autists who can't figure out how to get girls.
>>
>>29549630
I'm honestly not the jealous or possessive type. But there are problems with open relationships anyway. They very rarely work out for men it seems. Women want you to be dominant and won't respect you if you're a cuck. And they will treat you like shit. And it can hurt. Most women treat men like shit anyway nowadays. Open relationships just make it so, so much worse.
>>
>>29549766
obligatory rms joke
>>
>>29549785
What makes you think men in open relationships are mostly cucks? They can fuck (and dominate) pretty much whoever they want.
Are you a cuck?
>>
>>29549849
Yeah, the Chads will be fine and women will still appreciate them and treat them great. I was mostly thinking of people like me who will probably be treated like shit.
>>
File: 1466970157010.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1466970157010.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>29549630
open relationship
open mind

no i have no idea about this shitfuck
>>
File: 1466955895145.png (225 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
1466955895145.png
225 KB, 2400x2400
>>29549630
No OP you're actually right, they are disgusting. Only retarded atheists and normies actually believe it's ok. How marriage is supposed to work is that you love one another enough to save yourselves for each other. This is why so many marriages fail today opposed to the days of the past, because their relationship is not sacred so they don't value it. What's the point in commiting to a person that won't commit in return. Most people just want recreational sex, due to a lack of moral and sexual education, but what they don't realize is that they're cucking themselves out of the intimacy and reciprocy that is supposed to be reserved for the spouse
>>
Whoever decides to start the"Open relationship" discussion is essentially just telling their partner "I'm bored with you and want to fuck around with other people, but I'm convinced you won't/incapable to actually do the same so this benefits me at the expense of you"

Any guy that agrees to one but doesn't have a lineup of girls he already has access to besides his gf is a humongous cuckold.
>>
I'm in an open relationship and it works great. But it's not just any relationship. It being open is just a side thing.

I'm a sugar daddy with a sugar baby
>>
>>29550069
You're naive and cute.
>>
>>29549786

b-but I didn't add "anus"
>>
>>29549737
Same. Live and let live, but I know it's not for me. Whenever I read stories about it there's always a beta male who gets the short end of the stick, but the only thing that keeps him going is the sheer will of self delusion and lack of options. Suicide would be an improvement on their lot.
>>
>>29550069
Damn,you're so right.I openly shamed my ex who wanted to be open.Good fun making roasties get shamed.
>>
>>29550294
Not him, but hope you left her too.
>>
>>29550318
I did,of course.Got all my friends together,intervention-style and had her sit down,all of us sitting around her putting some major shame on.
>>
>>29550228
I'm not naive, nor cute. I'm a realist. It's not my fault you want to be a whore and have no self control because your parents didn't care about you enough to discipline you, to help you discern for yourself what is good. What you're not aware of is that you're actually creating traders amongst man kind.
>>
>>29550425
If you say things like marriage is objectively supposed to work a certain way, you're neither realistic nor rational. And apart from the fact that I'm not female I have no desire for an open relationship of any sort.
>>
>>29550504
It's not objectively but ethically it definitely is. objectively you may not prefer it be in this manner, but ethically this is the best way, that the relationship flows. A healthy relationship is built on a foundation of trust, so I'd think it would be beneficial towards both parties if you had more reserved care and feelings for each other. Also men can be whores as well. You would be judged differently due to nurtured social conventions. But fundamentally you're still the same
>>
>>29550614
I personally share some of your views.
But the point is, you can't say that ethically something is supposed to work in a certain way as if it was the right thing to do. That would imply that morality or ethics are objective, but it is and has always been entirely subjective. There is no objective right/wrong, there is no instance who decides on these kinds of conventions (unless you believe in God). Even if it's what society agrees on, it's still subjective and there's been great deviations with regards to ethics between different societies over time.
>>
It's almost always a situation where one half of the couple benefits much more than the other half. Unless you're a literally Chad dating a slightly below average girl, the girl will always end up fucking more.
>>
>>29551048
>the girl will always end up fucking more
Wouldn't be so bad if she didn't end up the only one fucking at all.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.