[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mental Illness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: 1442635828396.png (62 KB, 414x248) Image search: [Google]
1442635828396.png
62 KB, 414x248
Who /mental illness/ here?

Anyone back from the ward?
>>
First for loony bin greentexts.

On another note, recently I've been thinking about people with Avoidant Personality Disorder. Why would any suspecting but undiagnosed Avoidant ever go to get themselves checked? Seems to me like it would go against the very basis of the illness. If they can't stand being around a vast majority of people due to their fear and anxiety over the impressions they make, how could they ever force themselves to go visit a psychologist, and on top of that, open up to them about something so personal as their lifestyle and feelings? I don't understand.
>>
I'm slightly OCD and schizophrenic
>>
>>29549448
i have psychosis
>>
>>29550785
>>29550856
We talking officially diagnosed, or just suspecting?
>>
File: 1466973907055.png (120 KB, 244x228) Image search: [Google]
1466973907055.png
120 KB, 244x228
When I was 15 I got stranded in the desert in 140 degree weather for an entire day with no shade or protection whatsoever. It was so physically painful it felt like I was burning in hell. My feet were bloody after 4 hours. My brain was melting and scorching hot to the point it felt freezing cold. My entire body was becoming less and less mobile. I could feel myself slowly dying. Heat stroke came within the first 30 mins. It just got worse and worse and worse. The pain was a living fucking nightmare. So painful that I was searching for ways to kill myself and praying to all the gods I could think of when I don't even believe. I started to believe that I was dead and just burning in hell and that it would never end. It was the kind of intense pain that was impossible to get used to, so I was petrified at that thought. After screaming for awhile towards the end first for help then out of pain I ran out of saliva. My breath ran out entirely and I blinked and saw the sky. Apparently I passed out. It was a relief. Dying felt like a relief. Couldn't feel anything anymore at that point, I don't think. Woke up in an ambulance and I recovered in the hospital. Had a mental breakdown and got sent to suicide watch. Tried to kill myself several times afterwards and spent time in psych wards with psychosis.

I'm 20 now and haven't left my house or had human contact since then. I can't be outside during the day. I could go out at night but I choose not to. People terrify me now. When it's light outside being around people is my worst nightmare. When the sun is out it feels like I'm naked or like everybody I see is holding a gun to my head getting ready to shoot me.

So I'm agoraphobic and depressed and diagnosed with depersonalization and derealization and anxiety. Think I may be avoidant or schizo. Just the thought of another human being seeing my face or hearing my voice makes me believe that i have no choice but to kill myself since it terrifies me, thus i live in hiding.
>>
>>29551679
how did you even get in that situation
>>
>>29551679
just be urself tbrqh
oregano.o.o.o.o
>>
Severe ADD and OCD here.

On medication
>>
>>29551679
I don't get how your anxiety for people is connected to being left to burn in the dessert. Is it not? Did I misunderstand you?
>>
File: qtpa2t.gif (146 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
qtpa2t.gif
146 KB, 320x240
>>29549448
ayy reporting in. had a 3 day stay back in april, how was your experience OP?
>>
>>29549448
I have a God Complex and briefly had a hero complex.
>>
schizophrenic here, it's so bad you can't imagine
>>
>>29551923
Got any greentexts for us?
>>
File: screaming.png (54 KB, 454x447) Image search: [Google]
screaming.png
54 KB, 454x447
>>29551717
Got left behind while camping in the middle of nowhere after getting into a fistfight and having a mental breakdown.

>>29551818
I was already mentally ill before that took place, but I think the years of isolation is what has mostly made me terrified of people. I just don't know.
>>
just anxiety disorder and autism here, with a dash of ADHD
>>
>get put in the ward for suicide
>everyone else in there is psychotic
>this little midget kid punches a hole in the wall for not getting apple juice right away
>another girl attacks me randomly and punches me
>a different girl attacks my roommate and kicks the shit out of her
>the staff doesnt get paid enough and are underequipped so everyones hurting each other and its chaotic

food was good though
>>
I watched this big Russian kid chug 20 cunps of coffee when I was in the pshycward. He procceded to vomit it all up 20 minutes later. Also met a qt gutter punk girls who also tried to kill herself. Me and her were inseparable for that week. I had her number and we text for a few months but then she sipped responding. I miss her
>>
>>29552016
>Got left behind while camping in the middle of nowhere after getting into a fistfight and having a mental breakdown.
What kind of fucking degenerates would leave someone in the middle of a fucking desert because of a fist fight/mental illness?!

I feel you anon. I've had "friends" like those.

Care to greentext the whole story pls?
>>
>>29553311
You sure they would have done more if they got paid more? People that don't care in situations like that just tend to just be shit people in my experience. In their defence, I do get that patients on average act so strangely that they are hard to communicate with, and hence dehumanize themselves, but people are still getting hurt all around them, and they are fucking responsible to prevent that shit. Our poor treatment standards sadden me.
>>
my entire family has mental illnesses so I'm 100% fucked in that regard
never felt genuinely happy and i am incredibly scared of being around more than 10 people at once
hey maybe I'm just an anxious bitch but I've been avoiding getting diagnosed because then ill feel even more like a shitty burden and a horrible person
got out of a ward last month and it hasn't helped much
genuinely thinking about suicide at this point
>>
>>29549448
tfw BPD and PTSD
I have tumblr illness
feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>29553758
I mean, maybe? Some of them just seemed grumpy and bored to be honest. They really didn't do much to stop fights from happening either. They knew this one woman (who jail rejected for being so violent and psychotic) was so out of it she couldn't talk and could only hurt people. They let her be around us anyway and that's how most the punches happened because she would randomly attack people.
>>
File: knight 1.png (848 KB, 585x817) Image search: [Google]
knight 1.png
848 KB, 585x817
I'm paranoid that images I save will transform into demons and monsters and torture me/ imprison me in Hell if I don't constantly clear my browser history or other shit. I feel like someone is constantly watching me to make sure I do these things. I've managed to save some stuff for drawing references but I constantly get the urge to check their properties to make sure they've never been modified since their saved date, or delete them because I feel their evil.
>>
File: 1429569718456.jpg (14 KB, 444x332) Image search: [Google]
1429569718456.jpg
14 KB, 444x332
>>29549448
>tfw rapid cycling
>tfw two days of euphoria and productivity, five days of complete exhaustion and anxiety

I crushed two cans of that crappy Java Monster shit and it did absolutely nothing. I want to take a nap but I'll wake up freaked out and angry.
>>
I just got social/general anxiety, low-self esteem and depression. But the depression goes in and out all the time.

I'd also mention I'm a pedophile but thats not a mental illness, it's normal.
>>
File: knight 7.png (956 KB, 709x815) Image search: [Google]
knight 7.png
956 KB, 709x815
>>29554143
I'm also deathly afraid of the numbers 3, 6, 9, any multiple of 11, 18, 26, and 36. I've tried to tell myself I'm overthinking it and nothing's out to get me but I can't shut it out it's been like this for the past nine years. If it wasn't for my pets I would have killed myself years ago.
>>
family talked me into going to clinic when I talked about feeling suicidal last year

left after 3 weeks without feeling any better, now I'm supposed to find a therapist I can connect with, but I couldn't get myself to tell the current one about being molested as a child even though he specifically asked about that
>>
>>29549448
They said schizoaffective bipolar 1. They're wrong though, normies and their society is what's driving me mad. All people have breaking points.
>>29552016
Who threw the first punch? Why did you fight?
>>
>getting that shit on your record
>getting blacklisted from jobs

no thanks, fampai

self-medicating with alcohol has worked just fine
>>
>>29551425
Doctor diagnosed fucking cunt
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.