[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is eating out so fucking expensive? It's my ONE pleasure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: 1452294127205.jpg (6 KB, 238x250) Image search: [Google]
1452294127205.jpg
6 KB, 238x250
Why is eating out so fucking expensive?
It's my ONE pleasure in life and it's fucking bankrupting me.
I hate eating at home.
>>
>learn to cook
>learn to present
It's that simple.

Treat yourself like a king. I made eggs this morning, fucking beautiful, put them in a china bowl, toast wedges on the side, very comfy.
>>
>>29549327
>want to go to buffets to keep the cost to food ratio low
>never feel like I'm hungry enough to justify it
>end up eating cheap food I have lying around and digging the pit even deeper

it's never gonna happen
my hedonistic pursuits keep screwing each other over
>>
>>29549327
Learn 2 cock my dud
>>
>>29549398
cleaning is a pain in the ass though
>>
>>29549398
Couldn't agree more m8
>>
>>29549327

If eating out is expensive for you then your problem is you have a shit job that doesn't pay enough.

>>29549398
>>29549469

^Ignore the cooking cucks.
>>
I suggest learning the rudiments of cooking, like proper seasoning, poultry and meat handling, preparation, flavor combinations, etc. Then you can move onto the aesthetics of your dishes.

Start small too, it's very easy to get overwhelmed.
>>
>>29549481
Not really. You just got to do it and not let dishes pile up.
>cleaned the skillet and spatualla before i even ate
>cleaned the bowl and fork after i ate
Very simple and easy. It literally takes like 30 seconds to do this.

>>29549498
>"cooking cucks"
>he spends 4x the amount on food in exchange for bare bones service
fag
>>
>>29549551

Fuck you, not everyone has the energy to put a bunch of food in containers, heat them in different ways, mix them up, and then load up a bunch of dirty dishes into a washer. I would gladly pay 100 times the amount you spend on food to not have to do that.
>>
>>29549536

These posts are all wrong op, you should just focus on getting a higher paying job. You don't even have to be anywhere close to a millionaire, just make a decent regular income and you can eat out constantly without ever getting close to running out of cash. You only get one life, you might as well spend it being lazy, sleeping all the time, and making other people cook for you.
>>
>>29549588
>"put a bunch of food in containers, heat them in different ways, mix them up, and then load up a bunch of dirty dishes"
Is that what you think cooking is? You're going to feel really stupid when you finally try it. Try making a stew, or some rice, or a piece of meat. It's not complicated, and doesn't really make that much of a mess unless you're retarded.
>>
You should learn to cook,saves you money and you learn something practical.

But, if you want to eat out more, get a higher paying job and work out because you'll get fat as fuck.
>>
File: 1462921646307.jpg (77 KB, 777x728) Image search: [Google]
1462921646307.jpg
77 KB, 777x728
>>29549327
TACOBELL
A
C
O
B
E
L
L
>>
>>29549723

I tried heating easy mac once and literally threw up before the microwave finished because I was tired and didn't want to deal with all that preparation. And I have tons of disposable income, it makes no sense to not spend some of it on easy fast food where all I do is show up and point at what I want.
>>
>>29549773
If you're going to bait, at least make it believable.
>>
>>29549773
>microwave food
>easy mac
Nigger, I don't even own a microwave. That's disgusting. At least throw your Hot Pockets in the oven like a gentlemen.
>>
>>29549807

It's fucking true though, I'm tired all the time and get physically ill if I have to do shit like preparing food or cleaning or taking out trash. The only thing I'm good at is programming, and that's enough to make lots of money, but I have 0 energy for shit like food.
>>
>>29549807
Obnoxiously lazy bait is my fetish
>>
>>29549826

I don't really use the microwave anyway since I just get fast food instead, but it exists because it came with the apartment.
>>
File: snickering sluts.jpg (70 KB, 359x478) Image search: [Google]
snickering sluts.jpg
70 KB, 359x478
>>29549826
>He cooks Hot Pockets in an oven

DROPPED
>>
>>29549905
they get nice and crispy in the oven and taste like real food
>>
File: Pepe_e9ea4f_5507477.jpg (29 KB, 489x499) Image search: [Google]
Pepe_e9ea4f_5507477.jpg
29 KB, 489x499
>>29549481
Get some paper plates and plastic cutlery then
>>
>>29549942

Well that explains your faggotry. The crisping pocket also makes them crispy. If you want real food, try a proper calzone. Philly cheesesteak is a good starting point.
>>
File: 1453846290046.png (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1453846290046.png
18 KB, 500x500
Eating out at restaurants is probably one of the dumbest things that normies do.

You can just buy food and cook it all by yourself in your home, yet normies will disregard doing this and go to eat generic overpriced food at some fancy restaurant.

Even if you're rich, what's the point? Eat at your home you fucking retards. Most of these restaurants have no reason to exist in our current economy, there's little to no mass social interaction over there either.

It's only really excusable if we're talking about fast food restaurants (eating unhealthy garbage, yet another dumb normie habit) when you don't have access to your own food at the moment. Learning recipes is easy, so is acquiring the ingredients. If you're really that much of an autist to care about overly specific and rare exotic dishes you should probably just get off your ass and do it yourself.
>>
>>29550033

If you can't afford to eat out every night then your much bigger problem is that you make way too little money. Trying to save money by making cuck meals at home is just a distraction from the real problem. Like if someone freaked out about dropping a quarter down a sewer drain, the real problem wouldn't be that they lost twenty-five cents, it'd be that they're so poor they feel like twenty-five cents matter to begin with.
>>
>>29550109
I need to have an end destination for my walks though. Or else it's kind of pointless.
>>
>>29550109

t. poorfag

Make more money, poorfag.
>>
>>29549498
Have fun paying for overpriced food and giving the rest of your money to some wagecuck food giver then.
>>
>>29549327
>not just eating poptarts for breakfast and bagel bites for lunch/dinner
>>
>>29550109
>go to eat generic overpriced food at some fancy restaurant
There also seems to be no correlation between restaurants actually serving good food and being popular or expensive
>>
>>29550226

Do you realize even if you actively tried to waste as much money on fast food as possible you'd still probably spend well under $200 in a week? If you're concerned with spending a couple hundred dollars a week on random conveniences then it's because you're a poor idiot.
>>
>>29550109
The difference is that normies can use that time saved eating out to spend with friends/gfs etc. You as a neet has nothing to do all day.
>>
>>29549398
>>29549469
>>29549536
the amount of work necesary for cooking do not justify the pleasure i get from eating.
Whenever i feel like making an actual good meal i go to the supermarket to buy everything but as soon as i walk home having wasted an hour already and i contemplate having to make the food and clean after i wish i went to mcdonalds instead.
You dont see smarth people wasting their time on that unless its to share a meal with someone
>>
>>29550312
I eat fast food about 3-4 times a week, go through 1-2 6-packs of craft beer a week and still only spend $300-350/month on everything food/drink related.

These people aren't even trying. Anyone making $1,200/month can easily spend as much on food. Anyone working part-time or getting autismbux while living at home can do the same.
>>
>>29549398
>caring about presentation

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

Nigga just dump it on a plate and eat it

T. Loser who has no will to live
>>
File: 1466809736309.jpg (462 KB, 946x946) Image search: [Google]
1466809736309.jpg
462 KB, 946x946
>>29550033
not a bad idea. you still have to clean the pot tho. also checked
>>
>>29550364
>You dont see smarth people wasting their time on that unless its to share a meal with someone
>"smarth people"
Of course, as we all know restaurants and fast food places are where the intelligent among us congregate.

good goy
>>
I spend at least 1000 on food a month, usually 1500 or more. I need to fucking stop
>>
>>29550450
it doesnt really make sense to waste an hour and a half on a meal you will finish in 15 minutes just to save a couple bucks when the money you are paid per hour exceeds the cost of a half decent dish.
Its the same reason you dont chop down a tree every time you have to whipe your ass
>>
>>29550293
I know right? wtf is up with that? It makes no sense whatsoever.
>>
File: 1425619705133[2].png (336 KB, 800x828) Image search: [Google]
1425619705133[2].png
336 KB, 800x828
you can cook quality meals in 10-20 minutes, including prep time lol. and it'll cost less + taste better than take out meals. i dont even order out for wings, pizza or anything anymore because i can make it better, for less money, and less time. not to mention when a grill comes over i can impress her with my cooking

for being fat fuck NEETS i'm surprised you cucks don't cook
>>
>>29550109

>what is atmosphere and ambiance
>what are live musicians
>what is being social
>what are dates

careful your autism is sprouting
>>
>>29550523
>"an hour and a half"
Just put on a stew, you lazy nigger. I made a big pot of potato stew that had like 20 servings to it. You literally just throw shit in a pot and let it simmer for a few hours. Or make some rice, put a roast in the oven, fry a piece of fish, steam some vegetables.

It isn't "work", it doesn't take much time, it tastes way better than restaurant-cuck shit, and you have the satisfaction of actually doing something productive instead of being a good goy showering minimum wage fags in dollar bills for no real reason
>>
>>29550109
The thing that you don't get is eating out is half about the food, and half about the social experience. You go out to make memories with friends.

Not that I'd expect some basement-dwellers on r9k to understand that.
>>
>>29550604

>have crock pot
>take literally 1 minute to throw in a pork shoulder, bbq sauce, onions, other sauces
>literally leave alone and do whatever you want, come back 8 hours later to delicious pulled pork
>take literally another 1 minute to pick the pork up and put on a bun or in a taco shell

lmao these cucks
>>
>>29550704
right?

Even if you don't have enough agency to throw food together in a food maker, most grocery stores sell pre-seasoned or pre-breaded food in the deli. About once a week I buy a breaded fish fillet from a deli. All you have to do it put it in the oven.
>>
>>29550563
Umm, excuse me wagebitch, I DO cook actually and I'm damn good at it. I cut the veggies, the bread, the meat. I simmer the sauce, stir the stock I do it all. All this free time gives me the chance to improve myself, I do improve myself don't you know? But anyway, I could really have my own cooking show if I really wanted. I also speak multiple languages and I do hair.

Are you mad at me wagefucker? I also play 10 instruments but you wouldn't know anything about that.
>>
>>29550563
>you can cook quality meals in 10-20 minutes, including prep time lol
You literally can't though. You know the cooking shows in which professional chefs cook a "fast" meal in 20 mins? Well this is excluding the prep time, or the time it takes to clean everything off.
>>
>>29550782
>buy food
>take food home
>make 20 servigns of food
>clean whatever i got dirty
>left with 19 servings
>store them on fridge
>have to reheat every meal
>have to clean each time i reheat
listen moron, i cook my food. I throw some meat in the pan and make the fastest salad i can and thats my meal, a big mac that i can get in five minutes and eat on the go beats the shit out of that and its just as tasty.
I know how to cook, i make make woks, currys, fry and bake from scratch, it just makes me depressed once im finished eating
>>
>I only eat the best quality foods, cooked from myself, using quality ingredients. You'll notice I'm stronger, faster and healthier than my peers. I also save massive amounts of my income, leaving a greater amount for my interests, such as collecting figurines and fedoras.

*tips fedora*
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.