[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/SS13/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: ss13.png (481 KB, 799x724) Image search: [Google]
ss13.png
481 KB, 799x724
Why aren't more robots playing Space Station 13? It's a good free game where you work aboard a space station with your fellow crew - some rounds have special antagonists that have preset goals such as to steal the on-board nuke and blow the ship up without the security team stopping them.

It has servers where you just shoot and kill aliens, where you can just shoot and kill whatever, and some High Role Play servers. Even furry ERP servers It takes some time to get the hang of and the graphics being 2D can be a bit of a turn off to some - but the game is awesome!

If you wan to check it out you need the BYOND launcher. Just search byond download in google and you're set.

Servers:
Shoot 'em Up: Colonial Marines
LowRP: Hippie Station or Goon Station
MediumRP: Paradise Station (Search for the IP on Google)
HighRP: Baystation 12 (Search for the IP on Google)

Stories:
>Walk around for a few seconds
>random person knock you out and takes your headset
>random person stuffs you in locker
>stay in locker until rest of game.

>Be Warden
>Train security into private army
>conquer medical
>kill some people
>Admins got bored
>fight aliens
>retreat to prison station
>Seal entrance
>wait with what was left of my army till the end of time
>>
File: Sand Castle.jpg (431 KB, 1908x1068) Image search: [Google]
Sand Castle.jpg
431 KB, 1908x1068
As fun as the game is, the administration from all the the servers you listed (besides Colonial Marines) are shit.
absolute shit

Play the better game Lifeweb.
>>
>>29545437
Normally I would agree- but admins have actually started to chill out. Bay was the biggest culprit but now the admins are loosening up
>>
>>29545464
I don't believe you, stop lying to me.
liar.
deceiver.
>>
>>29545504
Just last night on Bay I was the captain and I led a group of assistant "ninjas" who were my bodyguards. We also tracked down the traitor and beat them with a crowbar. Even gave them all guns. Couple months ago anyone involved in that would have gotten a ban.
>>
>>29545504
Well except Paradoxon. They're a dick
>>
Robots, I played this for 5 years, let me tell you what you can expect.

The game itself is pretty damn fun, and impressive given the limitations of the BYOND game-maker system.
This game, tile-by-tile, tic-by-tic, computes atmospheric pressure, concentration, lighting, and integrity of objects and materials.
You could fill the whole station full of laughing gas.
You could trap somebody in a room, and over-pressurize it until they explode.
You potentially create a bomb which has a massive endothermic reaction, and freeze everything in the explosion.

Slight drawbacks is that you have to text to speak, which makes playing security roles a major pain in the ass.
And there aren't really any (good) animations for combat, so when two people are fighting the only way to gauge the severity is to read the text-announcements in the chat-log, or to see if blood starts spattering around.

Here's the biggest fuck-up of the game though: The players, and admins.

Most of the "Good" players there are complete assholes who play this game so much every day that they -expect- everybody else to know the nuances and "unspoken" rules as they do, and any violation of these unwritten rules will result in them reporting you to whichever admin they are ERPing with the most.

Old players never take time or effort to teach new players anything, the game isn't exciting or fun to them unless there is murder/deathmatch, and this results in many games being decided by the actions of just a few players. New players try an antag role, but never get much practice because the older players sniff them out and kill them fast. Old players get bored that they can slaughter entire stations, because nobody invests time to develop new players, and so only a handful of people on the station have any clue as to what's happening, and they'd rather do other shit like unleash virulant monkeys for shiggles.
>>
>>29547840
And the Admins, oh lord the admins.
I hope you like being the toy in somebody's personal toy-box, because that's all you are to them as a players.

Every now and then you'll hear hope of a new server popping up with a new admin, who wants to "To things right this time", and for some short times afterwards they actually hold up.
But the power of admin privileges is like the power of The One Ring, eventually it -will- corrupt all who wield it.

First it starts with job-bans, where only preferred players get to have certain roles on the regular.
Then it follows with them playing in the game with players, and directly dictating the direction of that game's narrative.
Then before you know it, you are killed within the first 5 minutes of a game by the giant disembodied head of Gabe Newell, after which the admin saves the day by luring it into the singulo, and they spend the next 2 hours RPing the rebuilding of the station while ignoring your request to be respond and replying, "Lol u died just go play another game or something."

tl:dr;

Fantastic concept of the game reasonably executed on a easy to run game engine.
Long-time players and admins always, always, always fuck it up, and drive away new players and thus any hope of competent long-term players.
This is why anytime you see an SS13 thread, they are always trying to recruit.

Also
Detective is the best job ever
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.