[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here have derealisation? As a sufferer myself, I'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1421695355554.jpg (67 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1421695355554.jpg
67 KB, 600x600
Anyone here have derealisation? As a sufferer myself, I've created a revolutionary diagnosis and cure.

>http://www.dpselfhelp.com/forum/index.php?/topic/54425-what-causes-dpdr-and-how-to-break-out-of-it/
>>
File: Sans titre-1.jpg (10 KB, 76x76) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre-1.jpg
10 KB, 76x76
>>29545183

That cat is a real Robot.
>>
>>29545274
Kek. Thanks for the bump.
>>
Thought I'd chime in and say that I read through it. Very nice. I can't utilize it, I don't have depersonalization nor derealization but someone's sure to find use with it.

Can you articulate what it feels like when it flares up? I tend to think that the sensation of things that are familiar seeming unreal, alien or what have you would be pleasurable.. or at the very least neat. Though I know it's a source of distress for the sufferers.
>>
>>29545183
why do you keep wanting people to aknowledge it? no one cares about these shitty ass threads
>>
>>29545491
The feeling is of pure terror. The experience of reality is that of when you dissociate, which "normal" people generally find to be a bit weird or even quite cool, so you're right in that the emotional experience of it is subjective. The mix of the two is what the experience as a whole is for the sufferer.
>>
>>29545737
By that I mean the mix of dissociating and the feeling of being terrified of it.

>>29545597
Some people spend their lives suffering it, which is basically mental suicide.
>>
>>29545491

It's a source of distress because you look at things which are familiar, and you know they should be "familiar" (=appeasing) but they're not. You see photos of relatives, and feel nothing, you look at your brother typing on his keyboard and all you see is an ape with clothes.

I've never noticed before how much we actually look like ape when we sit with our backs bended.

Some people say Hell is being cut off from God. I don't know about that but being cut from yourself is already pretty bad.
>>
>>29545766
Accurate. Are you a sufferer?

>Some people say Hell is being cut off from God
This is pretty much what it is. It cuts you off from everything but fear and confusion. It's hell on earth.
>>
File: R9K BETABOYS.gif (747 KB, 360x640) Image search: [Google]
R9K BETABOYS.gif
747 KB, 360x640
Derealization is NOT a psychiatric disorder... Its a BEHAVIORAL DISORDER...

In other words you are doing it intentionally, whether you are willing to admit it or not, and therefore all you need to do is modify your behavior...

It is NOT a true organic dissociative disorder... Its garbage tier sissy bullshit, like Dissociative Fugue.

I noticed that you refer to yourself as a 'sufferer' of this SELF-IMPOSED, INTENTIONAL BEHAVIOR...

suffering ?... Too bad...

Try STOPPING the behavior

This reminds me of someone trying to garner sympathy because they suffer from 'punching themselves in the face' syndrome.

Grow up... Stop acting like such a fucking wimp. MAN UP !

(while you stall and whine, your peer group are out there emptying their testicles into hot chicks)

*breaks your nose with my elbow*

try 'dissociating' from that...
>>
Fucking wimps actually going out of their way to CREATE bullshit 'hell on earth' self-imposed COMPLETELY CONTRIVED excuses.

Its my opinion that 1/3 of the Betas can not be reconditioned into success, and therefore should be eliminated to avoid their possible detrimental effects on the successful reconditioning of the other two thirds...
>>
>>29546258
Clearly from your post you've never experienced it. If you read my thread, you'd realise that it's not fucking INTENTIONAL, it's very likely caused by subconsciously conditioned fear of mental dissociation resulting from a hugely traumatic seemingly inescapable experience.

Fucking ignorant fool.
>>
>>29546349
Except many of the betas who are suppsed to be eliminated will fight back. And if you have a shitton of men who have nothing to lose fighting against you? Well that might prove troublesome.
>>
>>29546258

>*breaks your nose with my elbow*
>"Heh, nothin' personal kid"
>>
>>29546076
>Accurate. Are you a sufferer?

I've been diagnosed with depression and it stopped entirely when the depression finally ended, so it was either a symptom caused by the depression or by the drugs I took for depression. Either way, it didn't come back.

It's weird because it looks so fake when I speak about it and yet it was real. I've been mugged by a dude with a knife and I didn't give a fuck at the moment, like it was just a normal day (and I'm not a "tough guy").
>>
>>29546466
>It's weird because it looks so fake when I speak about it and yet it was real
There's no such thing as fake reality, but I understand exactly what you mean; you feel disconnected from the world during it.

>I've been mugged by a dude with a knife and I didn't give a fuck at the moment, like it was just a normal day (and I'm not a "tough guy").
I believe that it's a survival mechanism called mental dissociation which happens when we're fearful, but generally you're not very aware of it because your life is on the line. Emotions change your perception of reality.

I very highly recommend you read my thread linked in my OP, it will explain both of these things fully.
>>
I do.
I used to smoke pot when i was 14. It trigered dr pretty heavy.
It went away over the time but a bit is still left.
r8
>>
>>29546607
You need to dismantle the subconscious belief that mental dissociation is dangerous, and I believe it will go away. Read my thread, my man.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.