[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Social Scientist here, AMA!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: scientist-620x480.jpg (45 KB, 620x480) Image search: [Google]
scientist-620x480.jpg
45 KB, 620x480
Social Scientist here, AMA!
>>
finally, synthetic watermelon genome
>>
>>29542546
eat them all
>>
>>29542546
Feed it to african kids.
>>
>>29542520
You do realize social science isn't actually science right? Physics, Chemistry, Math and Biology are science.
>>
>>29542744
No it's not, if it wasn't for social science humanity would never progress.

That's why it is offered as courses by top univesities here in the west.
>>
Have you found a cure for my autism yet?
>>
>>29542936
There are different kinds of autism, tell me your symptoms..
>>
>>29542520
Is woman's studies classed under the "social scientist" umbrella ?
>>
>>29542968
Obviously yes. Hgfytfcytu
>>
>>29542744
>Biology
>Sience
pic one
>>
>>29542520
Why do I have no friends
>>
>>29543011
Maybe because you are not progressive enough.
>>
>>29543027
but I am
I like the gays
>>
>>29543082
Do you live in the xenophobic southern states of USA or in eastern euro?
>>
>>29542968
Under humanities. Critical theory involving wgs stuff would be the social science.
>>
>>29542988
so social science has one of the most worthless degrees? essentially only good for getting you a job to teach more woman studies?

With the most recent brexit vote why are the young progressives essentially saying if your past a certain age you shouldn't vote or your vote is worthless. why do progressives act like fascists they claim to oppose ? why do they oppose the the democratic system when it doesn't go their way like a child throwing a tantrum ( I voted remain too btw)
>>
>>29542744
>Autistic STEM student thinks the world moves on the back of scientific innovation
>>
>>29543142
Because old people are way behind times and the youth know what's best for their future.
>>
>>29543142
All degrees minus comp sci and training programs are useless without a masters.

Young progressives are ironically fascistic because they are mostly a) just as dumb as the conservatives they claim to oppose and b)just as angry as the conservatives they oppose

I'd say a young progressive could very easily be turned into a fascist based on the fact on how dumb they are on the issues that supposedly matter to them.
>>
>>29543116
Nope
Central Europe
roblxoxoxo xoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxo
>>
>>29542520
You guys study the society and social movements, but only accept interpretativism as methodology, disregarding quantitative studies. Don't you think this is biased? Maybe you should accept a more hard sciences approach to your study object?
>>
>social
>science

Heh.
>>
Knowing that poverty is a vicious cycle how do you tackle poor standard schools to stop children from becoming anti-intellectual and anti state?
>>
>>29542520
Do you actually make any money as a "Social Scientist?"
How much did you pay the jewniversities to become a "Social Scientist?"
>>
>>29543327
I have a youtube account, facebook page and I also write articles for salon.com
>>
>>29542992
Biology is basically Chemistry at this point, so yeah, science.
>>
File: _1380152017754.png (37 KB, 112x130) Image search: [Google]
_1380152017754.png
37 KB, 112x130
>>29543346
>I have a youtube account, facebook page and I also write articles for salon.com
>"""""scientist"""""
>>
>>29543301
Put high Iq ashkenazi jews as teachers.
>>
>>29543383
It's not as easy as you think tho.
>>
>>29543283
How is interpreting data to find a reasonable answer that is then supported by further research and data obtainment biased? The "hard science" approad you're talking about has lead to the misdiagnosis and excascerbation of social issues. That being said, yes, there are amateurs and obviously biased kids in the social sciences. However, the best social scientist are actually grad students and doctors, like any other field

In short, tumblr isn't good at what they do. Their ideas come from us, but they bias it and cant explain anything
>>
What do you mean by poverty as a vicious cycle? I have to ask because of the many "accepted" interpretations.
>>
Is it sexist to not allow your wife/gf to have sex with other men?
>>
>>29543482
Yes, it's patriarchal to own your wife/gf and stopping her is sexist and basically slavery. You need to dismantle your male privilege by respecting the fact that your wife/gf owns her body and can choose who to have sex with.
>>
>>29542520
>Finally, synthetic watermelon
>>
>>29543150
Normally he's right, but I'll give you that currently the world is moving back thanks to social "science" innovations.
>>
How come Asians have such High IQs?

Is it genetic?
>>
>>29544516
IQ doesn't matter actually
>>
>>29544709
If IQ does not matter, how come Asians have the highest income and black have the lowest income (Average Asian American IQ 105, Average Black American IQ 85)
>>
>>29544776
Do you think Asians have superior IQ genes?
>>
File: IQgenes.jpg (95 KB, 814x884) Image search: [Google]
IQgenes.jpg
95 KB, 814x884
>>29544801
As the science of genetics progress, there are more and more evidence that IQ are largely influence by genetics and less by the environment.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.