[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Misconceptions about NEETs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
File: 1454241808717.jpg (45 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1454241808717.jpg
45 KB, 409x409
Why do most normies assume that us robot NEETs live in shit-tier conditions? They think that we can't drive or don't have cars, that we're always in front of our computers 24/7, that we're not at a healthy weight, that we don't exercise, that we don't know how to cook and only eat garbage, that we don't care about personal hygiene, that we're depressed, that we have horrible sleep schedules, that we never go out and have horrible social anxiety/autism, that our parents hate us etc.

How much of this is actually true? In my case:

>have a driving license and a car, but only tend to use it when I need to do something on my own
>am a decent cook, prepare as much food as I want with all the time in the world, am probably eating far healthier than the majority of normies
>am at a healthy weight and perform exercise regularly
>spend a good amount of my time relaxing in my garden, enjoying the green scenery
>maintain a good personal hygiene routine, also keep my living quarters fairly clean
>not depressed but actually am very content with my stress-free way of life, despite that I don't have much money
>maintain a good sleep schedule, get 7-9 hours of sleep a day
>while true that I practically never leave the house since I've given up on the exterior world to minimize stress, I'm far from being autistic/spergy and still have most of my social skills left
>have a good relationship with my parents since I don't act like a spoiled retard

So why did normies ever get that strange mindset of theirs? I'm just here enjoying my objectively superior lifestyle, yet they act totally deluded and think they're worth anything while they're the ones with stressed lives full of responsibilities and duties, not to mention that they have to obey social norms 24/7.
>>
Because most NEETs are poor and disabled. So am I, but I still spend most of the day outside.
>>
>>29541521
What's your NEET lifestyle like then?
>>
>>29541390
You seem to be under the illusion that people are thinking about you at all.
>>
>>29541599
But people do think about NEETs, they even constantly try to make fun of us, not realising that they're actually more pathetic.
>>
>>29541624
>people
r9k posters don't count as people
>>
>>29541652
Hahahaahah :) so true xD
>>
>>29541390
well

I'm a NEET

I live in shit-tier conditions
I can't drive
I don't have a car
I'm always in front of my computer 24/7
I'm not at a healthy weight
I don't exercise
I don't know how to cook
I only eat garbage
I don't care about personal hygiene
I'm depressed
I have a horrible sleep schedule
I never go out
I have horrible social anxiety/autism
My parents hate me
>>
>>29541390

Because you live under a delusion of happiness or are either stupid or mentally ill.
No woman will ever commit to you.
Your parents will end up detesting your presence.
When they die or become disabled you'll be left destitute and unable to survive.
You'll hit your thirties or forties and probably consider suicide when you realise you wasted your life and now no one will hire you due to your lack of experience.
It's sad.
>>
>>29541737
You sound like the deluded faggot here.
>>
>>29541583
>stay up late on internet
>wake up whenever
>eat, shit, shower, etc at a slow and leisurely pace
>go outside and walk around alone
>repeat
>>
>>29541783
Aren't you scared of being snatched and raped?
>>
>>29541750

Just telling you the truth, friend.
It's a harsh truth but it is what it is. And all those "skills" you say you can pick up in your spare time? The only one anyone will ever take seriously is an instrument or art.
"Self-taught" is a meme and means shit.

As to who's the real prisoner here. Is it the people who are experiencing whole world's of office politics, medicine, sales, foreign affairs, customer relations and responsibilities, making lifelong friendships after learning massive amounts of knowledge in university.
These people earning a salary allowing them to travel the world and buy potentially whatever they want in the comfort of their own independent living spaces.

Or is it you. Cooped up in your one tiny room. Getting your three square meals a day. Relying on the state.

Who sounds more like a prisoner?
>>
>I live in a condo I managed to pay off prior to becoming disabled
>have driver's license but no car since I don't need to use it since I can bike everywhere, and it's much cheaper (no expensive insurance, regular inspections, cheap maintenance) plus exercise
>in front of computers a lot--programming is one of my hobbies
>am not "healthy" weight, but due to exercising a lot, esp. cardio since another hobby is running marathons and ultra marathons
>cook all the time. Ir's very fun and easy to cook nutritious meals
>hygiene is very important to self-image hence why I shower daily
>haven't been depressed since I became disabled NEET. I was told I would be depressed after disability even by doctors, but that never became the case.
>I fall asleep when my body gets tired--when that's the way it is supposed to be. I usually get tired and sleep around 9pm and get up around 6am. I also usually take an hour nap everyday
>I run in charity races and workout in the park all tbe time. I have a social base of wagecuck friends who are jealous of my wagecuck lifestyle
>parents only hate me because I became a NEET sooner than they did. Not my fault I planned ahead and had shit tier genetics thst I took full advantage of.
>>
>>29541868
Alright, I'll admit to it. I'll also admit that it's completely my fault, I'm fairly sure concerted effort on my part would allow me to get out of the room and exercise my freedom the same way most others do. I have nobody to blame or fault but myself.
>>
>>29541680
you dont need to live in this circumstances.. google "social anxiety" and begin from there

we're all gonna make it bro
>>
>>29541390
I'm a NEET I guess
>I can't drive
>I don't have much to do other than listen to music and use my PC
>I am overweight
>I do know how to cook, decently enough, but I usually don't have the materials
>I care about hygiene, I don't feel like smelling awful
>I have crippling depression
>My sleep schedule is fucked six ways from Sunday
>I don't go outside
>Horrible anxiety and socially inept
>My parents are disappointed
Well fuck
>>
>>29541956
>disabled
>bike everywhere
Reported your IP address to the welfare office. You're fucked now lad.
>>
>>29541967

Then do it. Do things that build discipline. Cold showers. Abstain masturbation. Exercise. Develop a morning routine. Pretty soon you'll be excited to take on more challenges. Your brain works by developing habits. Keep following the same routines consistently and you'lol pick up good habits you'll learn to enjoy and pursue. It's the same way you've learned to be lazy. Because you've gotten into a lazy routine. That can change.
>>
File: smuggy.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smuggy.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>29541998
This seems a more realistic life of a NEET than OP
>>
>>29542027
Nope. I've been reported repeatedly, thoroughly investigated, yet same result. People need to become less butthurt that I took advantage of my illness (MS) and I have to exercise otherwise I'm a total cripple. It's a part of my treatment plan. It's why I have to exercise so much. Otherwise, I'm in a shit ton of pain and have zero balance.

Try to be less btfo. Your tears of bitterness is just pathetic. It's not my fault you are a sore wagecuck who csn't deal with his own life circumstances.
>>
>>29542138
>MS
yikes. I'd rather be an Indian sewer worker than have MS; If that's the price for NEETbux count me out lol. Enjoy your "life" I guess.
>>
>>29541390
>They think that we can't drive or don't have cars, that we're always in front of our computers 24/7, that we're not at a healthy weight, that we don't exercise, that we don't know how to cook and only eat garbage, that we don't care about personal hygiene, that we're depressed, that we have horrible sleep schedules, that we never go out and have horrible social anxiety/autism, that our parents hate us etc.
Well, that's me. The problem is that I'm poor.

If I was rich or at least lived in a country with proper NEETbux, I'd live like you described.
>>
>using your neetbux on car insurance that you rarely use (if you have neetbux at all)

lmao
>>
File: 1406062347543.png (16 KB, 669x627) Image search: [Google]
1406062347543.png
16 KB, 669x627
>>29541390
>mfw I'm a wagecuck but still apparently have a shittier life than a NEET

Why even bother to live anymore, guys?
>>
>>29542072
What's the reward for doing all these things? It's not a sense of fulfillment or satisfaction with life, because I know shitloads of normies with jobs and families who are deeply unhappy and unfulfilled.
>>
>>29542347
There is no reward. Only the sad realization that your life means nothing as you fall into the cold embrace of the grave
>>
File: smugwojakindexfinger.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojakindexfinger.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>29542093
This guy is not the real Thisguy. OP's misconceptions need to be fixed.
>>
Good luck making friends with people as a NEET though. Nobody respects people who don't work or live with their parents.
>>
>>29541390
Protip : OP is not a NEET.

>can afford the fee for a car license
>can afford enough food to cook "as much food as he wants"
>have a garden and a scenery
>>
>>29541390
>have a driving license and a car, but only tend to use it when I need to do something on my own
>spend maybe 4-6 hours a day in front of my computer(s)
>am a decent cook, prepare as much food as I want with all the time in the world, am probably eating far healthier than the majority of normies
>don't know weight but perform exercise regularly
>spend a good amount of my time relaxing in my garden, enjoying the green scenery
<can feel depressed sometimes but this has nothing to do with being NEET (had this even as a young kid)
>pretty content with my stress-free way of life, despite that I don't have much money
<OK, sleep schedule could be better
>go out for walks sometimes, a few times a year even do shopping or eat at some restaurant
<am autistic though
>have a good relationship with my parents since I don't act like a spoiled retard
A few points (marked with '<') are true in my case, but most (marked with '>') aren't.
>>
>>29545142
mommy and daddy are paying duh
>>
So NEETs, do you guys play rollercoaster tycoon or something?
>>
>>29541868

You literally gave no reasons for him to be in the wrong other than being cooped up in a tiny room and getting 3 square meals a day.
>>
File: smee.jpg (9 KB, 242x208) Image search: [Google]
smee.jpg
9 KB, 242x208
>>29541868
>experiencing whole world's of office politics, medicine, sales, foreign affairs, customer relations and responsibilities, making lifelong friendships after learning massive amounts of knowledge in university.

Lmao, wagie, lets not pretend you experience even 2% of this while you are cooped up inside your tiny office cubicle slaving away at data entry for Mr Shekelstein.

Enjoy barely making rent after you clock out at 8PM, wagie. I'll be taking a nice nap, with my belly full of the food your tax dollars paid for.
>>
File: 1465125984273.jpg (20 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1465125984273.jpg
20 KB, 409x409
>>29541390
Because they're jealous of our superior comfiness.
>>
>>29541956
>disabled
>Ultra marathon
>never heard of condo monthlys

Cool fantasy anon
>>
File: 107320-full.jpg (131 KB, 1024x651) Image search: [Google]
107320-full.jpg
131 KB, 1024x651
>>29541599
Badingo senpai
>>
NEETs come in all levels of income. Those that are helped by gov't programs generally have it tough. But, housewives, retirees, and wealthier folks in between work (like myself) don't have big worries other than what to do with their time. I went out to eat 3-4 times a week, took weekend trips, watched some TV, and did some video games.

However, just in my own case, I really wasn't ready for full-on NEET life and am going back to work tomorrow. I'll probably be working for another couple of years, then take another year of time off. It's all in balance.

But as I get into my older years, I'll probably work out what I really want to do with my time here and that will essentially be the end of my working life.
>>
>>29545056
I don't believe, (you) [/spoiler}
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 267x189) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 267x189
There are a lot of misconceptions about NEETS.

>I can drive and have a car
>I'v had cooking as a hobbie for about 3 years and can make some tasty stuff
>I don't eat that healthy and an fat
>I'm almost done with my STEM degree
Of
>I work part time with good pay
>I've been with my gf for almost 3 years
>I don't live with my parents for 9 months out of the year while I'm in school
>I have a much better relationship with my parents than I did when I was younger.
>>
>>29541390
Honestly, this post sounds really insecure. Why are you trying to convince us how well-adjusted you are?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.