[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be 26 >never been abroad as an adult Who stuck here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1399956017560.png (321 KB, 970x726) Image search: [Google]
1399956017560.png
321 KB, 970x726
>be 26
>never been abroad as an adult

Who stuck here?
>>
>>29540546
holidays are a normie meme
i know lots of normies who go to amsterdam and shagaluff all the time and they're all fucking broke
meanwhile i'm stockpiling my wagebux so i can retire at 40
there's plenty of time to fuck about in other countries when you're old
>>
>>29540571
When you're older you're less adventurous and less inclined to try new things.

Although I suppose with men the mid life crisis gives us new energy which pushes us to seek out things to do before we go.

Travel is fantastic though. Just make sure you don't go into debt over it. Still trying to get out of debt after spending too much on a vacation last year.

Also avoid places that cater to families and couples. I went to a Thai resort but it was all fucking honeymooning couples families. There were two guys going around singing songs to couples while they were dining. They stopped at my table and I paid them to move on but they either didn't understand or thought I would pay them twice because they played a romantic song just to me. I had to stop eating and sort of just smile and nod along with a whole room full of eyes on me. Room service or street food only after that.
>>
>>29540546
"Traveling is a fool's paradise. Our first journeys discover to us the indifference of places. At home I dream that at Naples, at Rome, I can be intoxicated with beauty, and lose my sadness. I pack my trunk, embrace my friends, embark on the sea, and at last wake up in Naples, and there beside me is the stern fact, the sad self, unrelenting, identical, that I fled from. I seek the Vatican, and the palaces. I affect to be intoxicated with sights and suggestions, but I am not intoxicated. My giant goes with me wherever I go."

-- Emerson
>>
>>29540690
>I am a disillusioned faggot and can't enjoy nice things because I take my edge with me where I go

-- Ememeson
>>
>>29540690
>Emerson
>can't experience Immersion
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.