[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MoP appreciation thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11
File: mists-logo.jpg (38 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
mists-logo.jpg
38 KB, 400x200
>tfw MoP was released half a decade ago

>ywn play MoP at its prime ever again
>ywn fight through the siege of orgrimmar ever again
>ywn collect valor to level up your gear ever again
>ywn experience pvp in timeless isle ever again
>ywn spend literal days on the timeless isle to get one shiny dragon
>ywn cross the bridge for the first time with your legendary cloak ever again
>ywn fly across the continent with old asian music ever again

Why was MoP so good?

Current tiers of expansions would be:

MoP
WotLK
Vanilla
BC
Cata
WoD <- Literal death of the game
Legion <- Nail in the coffin

Thread music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1waVSu4adDMa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jqj6ACgT1c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNQDpkIf7Vg

>tfw WoW will literally be a dead game within two years
>>
Not gonna lie but playing MoP when it was first released was pretty comfy, especially the starting area for Pandarians. The whole mystical Asian martial arts land was soothing, reminded me of Kung Fu Panda.

I also just liked the Asian/Martial Arts touch the developers put into that expansion, I didn't get very far in the expansion so I can't relate to some of your other examples but playing it when it first came out was comfy, especially seeing all the people online.
>>
File: triggered.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
triggered.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>tfw you'll never fly around Icecrown doing Argent dailies early in the morning then spend all morning in Dalaran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrUkZdtPohc
>>
Fuck you op you fucking faggot nigger loving fuck face I hope you die an aweful shameful death
>>
File: McUKG0g.png (92 KB, 1016x536) Image search: [Google]
McUKG0g.png
92 KB, 1016x536
Patrician taste my robot friend. MoP was truly the most comfy expansion
>>
>>29539582
You retards say the exact same shit every fucking expansion
>>
>>29539582

MoP had a good leveling experience but easily had some of the worst raids and dungeons in recent memory. ToT and SOO were ok, but the rest really dragged it down.
>>
I never played MoP, I quit with WotLK. Why rate BC so low, it was fucking amazing. Literally the greatest period of my gaming life.

Karazan was so cool and hard, flying mounts for the first time, player base was huge and the game was still hard. I could go on for hours about how much I loved BC.
>>
>>29539582
i never really got into wow before, i am thinking of getting legion though is it really that bad or is this just conjecture?
>>
File: timeless-isle-ss1.jpg (198 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
timeless-isle-ss1.jpg
198 KB, 1920x1080
>>29540163

It probably is going to be better then WoD. but that is literally saying nothing as WoD was by far the most boring expansion ever released with absolutely nothing to do, they based the whole expansion around sitting inside of a tiny fortress in which you play kikebook games.

Legion might be alright, although don't expect it to hold up to anything even marginly comparable to the good expansions like MoP/WotLK
>>
If you think MoP was anywhere close to BC, Ulduar or first month of Cata(dem heroics) you seriously have a different opinion than me and that's okay.
>>
File: 1456585134488.gif (879 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
1456585134488.gif
879 KB, 245x230
>>29540320
>>29539582
I actually really liked cataclysm and hated WOTLK. Areas in cataclysm were beautiful, raids were nice and hard. HC Dungeons were fine. ZA and ZG remakes were awesome. Meanwhile WOTLK was just so fucking boring. Just muh undeads everywhere and if it wasnt about undeads it was about dragons which are by far the most boring faction in the game. Only good zone was grizzly hills because it was comfy, had nice music and wasnt all about undeads for once
>>
File: R7F9VIW2HOFN1378314172741.jpg (288 KB, 950x594) Image search: [Google]
R7F9VIW2HOFN1378314172741.jpg
288 KB, 950x594
>>29540401

I played cata a bit, quit during it and picked the game back up before MoP was about to hit

Enjoy mop the most out of any expansion, all the raids were superb and I found myself playing through even with the 14 months of SoO
>>
>>29539623
Now that, anon, is a feel.
Not this mop bullshit, op is probs 12 and didn't play the other xpacks
>>
>>29540085
Because he doesn't know what he is talking about, that's why, mop sucks
>>
Y...you don't know maybe Legion will save the game! Haha....
>>
Siege of Orgrimmar was the last great raid and you can't convince me otherwise
>>
>the first expansion I played is the best!

Beta tester here. Wrath of the Lich King was the best expansion. I've played every single XPac thus far, and there really is no comparison. The only thing missing from Wrath was a dedicated World PvP zone, but if you were on a PvP server, simply gathering resources would often turn into groups of 5 players hunting each other down to collect rare nodes.

Ulduar is still the greatest raid in gaming. Tera, Aion, GW2, FFXIV, Wildstar - no raid from any game compares to Ulduar, and even then, most raids from other games aren't even at Icecrown-level of enjoyment.

The story in Wrath, even with the removal of the nostalgia factor, involved the player enough to keep them feeling relevant, while the lore characters still maintained the spotlight. It involved characters from previous games that had not been given enough attention in WoW before, and managed to finish their stories or introduce new stories for them without messing around with the established lore.

The class re-balancing makes Burning Crusade look like an afterthought. Any arena composition could potentially make it big. While warriors did have an edge during the early season of the expansion, later seasons saw more warriors working as a combo rather than stand-alone pillars of unbeatable bullshit.

Every expansion after Wrath was terrible, just in different ways.

Official tier list:

Wrath > Vanilla > Burning Crusade > Beta WoW > Mists of Pandaria > Warlords of Draenor > (from what we can tell) Legion >>>>>>>>>> Cataclysm.
>>
>>29541261
I really disliked Wrath and everything that it brought into the game, it was the beginning of the end of the game.

Wrath brought in the dungeon finder, cross server dungeon groups, and a making raiding easier and more open to everyone. Making there little to aspire towards.
>>
Mop was terrible cata even worse I pvp and raid in every xpac except those 2 had shit raids
>>
>>29541261

BC was better overall imo but yeah Ulduar really was the greatest raid ever made.
>>
>>29540013
Oh yeah all of the people praising WoD is crazy
>>
>>29539582
MoP didn't have the best gameplay but the zones and music are extremely comfy. I still go there to fish and soak up the atmosphere.
>>
>>29539582
Reasons why Cata was the best expansion:
>Completely redone leveling 1-60 making it easy and not a pain in the ass
>Dificult dungeons with one-hit mechanics, requiring CC and interrupts
>Amazing raiding zones, espically on heroic(excluding DS)
>Heroic Ragnaros
>>
>>29539582
Good expansion, though the theme was garbage. Kung fu panda bullshit. Still the next best thing after wrath.

vanilla/bc/wod where terrible. I spent all of cata fucking draenei on moonguard and legion is looking to be world of diablocraft
>>
>mop nostalgia

the underage newfagness is ruining these boards
>>
>>29539582
>ywn have all ppl in alterac bg asking you were you got that two orange one
-hand sword

TBC WAS BEST EXP
>>
File: 1427503105027.jpg (12 KB, 255x195) Image search: [Google]
1427503105027.jpg
12 KB, 255x195
>>29542853
>m-muh vanilla!
stay mad, fucko. pandaland was the second best expansion. Right after wrath
>>
>>29542938
everybody i knew who i played WoW from the beginning with quit during WOTLK, none of them ever came back

games been shit ever since

i bet you were a casual fag all of WoW until MOP then started raiding or arenaing seriously in MOP.......yeah thats why you like it the most......you were just some 12 year old casual shitter for the previous expacs and you finally "made it" in MOP so now you think MOP was the best.
>>
>>29539582
You can still do a lot of these things, OP.
>>
>>29543194

>vanilla retard getting buttmad
>>
>arguing over wow expansions
>>
Vanilla and BC were easily the most fun, not because they were any better, but because they were so new at the time that it truly captivated you. Boss mechanics and class balance are much better now, but the game is too old at this point.

>>29539619
Sunsong ranch was so fucking cozy
>tfw picking up those blue "gift" items and making friends with everyone in town

>>29540401
cataclysm was shit

>>29542853
you probably are a BC starting newfag yourself
>>
Why is Cataclysm considered so bad?
>>
Good, 14 months of that shit was mind numbing
>>
What class/race did you robots mained ?
>>
>>29541261
it's like u fucking forgot what frost mages were
>>
>>29543194
this is the most bland and uninteresting post I have ever seen thank you for showing me how low it gets anon
>>
>>29539582

What is a transmog run?

>ywn collect valor to level up your gear ever again

Still in the game

>ywn experience pvp in timeless isle ever again
>ywn spend literal days on the timeless isle to get one shiny dragon

People still do these, even in WoD

Post your pathetic armory so we can laugh at your progression
>>
File: 4nX44_A7.jpg (18 KB, 401x401) Image search: [Google]
4nX44_A7.jpg
18 KB, 401x401
>>29539582
YALL NIGGAS JUST P B AND J. FeeksGoodMan
>>
>>29547172
smonk more bananas, fuccboi
>>
File: 1457740027315.jpg (42 KB, 283x323) Image search: [Google]
1457740027315.jpg
42 KB, 283x323
>>29539582

>He thought MoP was good.

nice vidya bait.

Carry on, young fella
>>
File: around the lantern.jpg (590 KB, 1250x792) Image search: [Google]
around the lantern.jpg
590 KB, 1250x792
>>29539582
MoP was when I really hit my stride. Loved the style, them music, the visuals, the bunch of content, the lore, every bit of it.

But more importantly than the game itself, I met so many amazing people in those two years that I still talk with today. I've had so many great experiences with them, even meeting some in real life and I wouldn't trade those memories away. It was simply beautiful and the best time period of my life.

The game combined with the people and community we formed will forever be the golden age for us.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.