[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey can someone reccomend a tv show, movie, or anime about friendship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 11
Hey can someone reccomend a tv show, movie, or anime about friendship or loneliness to me?

Something like Generation Kill, The Inbetweeners, or Blue Exorcist?
>>
File: 1456110967123.jpg (620 KB, 1054x1500) Image search: [Google]
1456110967123.jpg
620 KB, 1054x1500
>>29537852
bumping my own thread
>>
File: sZnTwth.jpg (38 KB, 960x776) Image search: [Google]
sZnTwth.jpg
38 KB, 960x776
>>29537852
bumping my own bread

Its weird that this didn't get past therobot but the other one did right?
>>
Me and You and Everyone We Know - best movie of all time
>>
>>29538107
Thx bud

>>29537852
Or maybe like Evangelion even. My best friends since middle school just left for summer session at the state school and I'm feeling very lonely now that we're not on the same path in life.
>>
File: hOT84km93aCH.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.0.0.jpg (177 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hOT84km93aCH.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.0.0.jpg
177 KB, 1280x720
>>29537852
going with top 3 movies
loneliness:
Dollars trilogy
Oldboy
Taxi driver

Friendship:
Trainspotting
Star trek TOS
castaway on the moon

Im recing good things here, not necessarily what best pertains to requests, mind you
>>
>>29538184
I already watched taxi driver and oldboy, and I was saving the Dollars Trilogy for when I decide to go through a western phase.

Have any others like those though?
>>
>>29537852
If day welcome to the nhk is probably the only piece of art in any medium that truly captures what it's like to be a modern day robot. Watamote also covers an aspect of social isolation and anxiety but it's a bit more of a cringe comedy type show. I'm open to suggestions if any of you guys know about similar stuff.
>>
>>29537852

Bojack Horseman

segsgrfdafa
>>
>>29538301
If you're open to non-anime shows then I'd definitely reccomend The Inbetweeners, or the first season of Misfits (specifically for the character Simon).
>>
>>29537852
The Leftovers.

you will be so lost and cry. it hurt to watch all that suffering
>>
>>29538452
I'll check out misfits, I've already seen the inbetweeners and enjoyed it. Oh, and if also recommend a movie called "the king of comedy" by Martin Scorsese. It's about a super weird guy who lives in his moms basement that fantasizes about being a famous stand up comedian and having his own talk show.
>>
>>29538484
Is it actually good? I think HBO is good at making grand nd epic TV sagas like The Sopranos & GOT, but often times they come up short on this sort of stuff.

Though then again there was the first season of True Detective...

>>29538413
Is it actually good?
>>
>>29538556

It's a solid show and nuanced meditation on depression. I wouldn't share a drink with anyone who didn't a little of themselves in Bojack.
>>
>>29538499
Thx for movie.

Misfits first season was top-tier. 2nd season was pretty much just b8. I haven't started the 3rd season yet bc they ended the 2nd season really weirdly.

Show has good reaction images to.
>>
File: movieposter.jpg (19 KB, 279x402) Image search: [Google]
movieposter.jpg
19 KB, 279x402
This one is kinda both.

Suicidal teenager admits himself to psych ward. Makes friends with special needs Zach galifinakis and fellow depressed teen Emma Roberts. Good feels, lonely feels, cozy feels.
>>
Seeking a Friend for the End of the World and garden state
>>
>>29537852
bump

oregano hgfdvsgbh
>>
>>29538499
Based of how much I like The Inbetweeners what would you recommend for me?
>>
the ninth gate.
>>
Welcome to the NHK
Serial Experiments Lain
>>
>>29540442
>the ninth gate
the fyck does this have to do with anything?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.