[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This site has nothing to offer anybody. There is no quality content
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10
File: 1456102801470.png (72 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1456102801470.png
72 KB, 900x900
This site has nothing to offer anybody. There is no quality content here you cannot get more quickly and efficiently elsewhere. This is an addiction which reduces your productivity, attention span, and free time. You are becoming more bitter, narrow minded, haughty, and old. Leave now and block this site. There is nothing here but slow, lonely suicide.

People do not have arguments here. Posters do not engage one another on key points, they nitpick with greentext and mock each other. Nobody is interested in the truth; people are battling for fleeting moments of superiority. Active commenters are loud jackasses who tumble into one internet fight after another, anxiously keeping ten tabs open to ensure they keep the last word in all of them. An insightful post is one in ten thousand, and no matter how hard you filter this place you are stiII searching for diamonds in a garbage dump.

This place is not making you happy. You are not having fun. You are not gathering stories to tell, learning, or growing as a person. Instead you chuckle every thirty minutes and are occasionally spurred to masturbation by libidinal posts or pictures. You are addicted to readily available information and pressure free social interaction. This place is slowly poisoning you with misogyny, narcissism, a false dichotomy surrounding normalfags, and insecurity.

I'm not telling you to b urself. I'm not telling you to go outside. I'm not even telling you to make friends. Just leave 4chan. Do anything else.
>>
>>29537372
Yeah, tell me a better site where losers gather together without normie shit and then I'll leave.
>>
>>29537372
this post contradicts itself by being a post on 4chan to some degree; you could argue necessity, but you would be wrong!!! You could even argue for altruistic intentions but that still would be wrong!!! This post is wrong because it is posted here!!! On 4chan, a place it (your post) says is incapable of producing anything worthwhile. Therefore your post is not worthwhile enough to say anything good or true
>>
>>29537490
Lol I appreciate this post.

You're right OP. But like >>29537427 said, where else can we go? This is the only place on the internet that feels like home. Even if that home is trap house.
>>
>>29537372
ok so just leave
i enjoy it here we don't need more normie meta posts about how /r9k/ sucks
>>
>>29537372
OP has a valid point.

>>29537490
You do more damage to a fortress inside its walls than outside.
>>
>>29537372
4chan sucks, but every other community on the Internet sucks even harder. I was still unhappy before I found 4chan. Also if you can sift through the crap, there actually are some useful things to see here.
I don't even spend that much time here anyway. I dedicate most of my time nowadays trying to learn other stuff.
>>
false, OP, everyone on this planet is simply biding their time.
honestly posting here is a better use of time than my minimum wage job. effective stress release and the worst consequence is you get a couple juvenile insults thrown your way
>>
terrible pain i am in.
>>
This place will always feel like home to me. As a cyborg I belong nowhere else.
>>
>>29537372
You're basically correct but you forget that people here aren't normal, don't do normally in social situation and others have such bad anxiety and social phobia they are unable to talk to people, others are simply uninterested.

>Just leave 4chan
This site is unique, the etiquette is unique, the norms are unique, there's no leaving the chans.
>>
I've had lovely conversation on plenty of subjects on here. Not so much recently, but I've been away.

Sure, the majority of content on here is at best useless; at worst, very harmful. But there are decent folks with some brain cells to rub together, as well.
>>
I am suffering, this is why I'm here OP, so I can finally relate to other people suffering.
>>
No you fucking faggot. Why don't you tell us how we can replace multiple hours of depressive apathy with anything other than mindless browsing.

I can stop posting any time I want but the reason I post is a much deeper problem. It's like if you stop heroin you don't just do it cold turkey. You need suboxone and a bunch of other shit like support meetings but your OP assumes that quitting itself is enough to magically make up for our problems and I'm not automatically going to have clean, clear, crisp time avoid to spend on other things.

Fuck you OP. Don't come in here and say that kind of shit. Give us something concrete if you want to help.
>>
>>29537372
what if i just come here to reply to pasta
then you're an enabler that's what
>>
>>29537372
I know you didn't write that, I've seen it posted before.
>>
File: 1462446126840.jpg (16 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
1462446126840.jpg
16 KB, 319x319
>>29537372
this is copypasta but it's the truth.

god, someone fucking help me
>>
>>29537869
I think I saw it on /b/ about 10 years ago
>>
File: image.jpg (143 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143 KB, 1366x768
Who else would take me in?
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 430x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 430x445
I am currently the most superior one in this thread. Deal with it autists.
>>
Not sure what I'd do with all my time if not 4chan, I'm not even sure if I like it here. It's been a long time since anything on here has made me laugh.
>>
>>29537372

/r9k/ exists. It exists not because it has nothing to offer but because the rest of the world has nothing to offer us, my friend. But in a world that has nothing to offer us, here, we have it all.
>>
File: 1459981860657.gif (392 KB, 600x396) Image search: [Google]
1459981860657.gif
392 KB, 600x396
>>29537372
there's nowhere else to go senpai
>>
"The more you give your life meaning the further you stray away from reality into an idealized delusion for reality has no meaning. A true life is lived in meaninglessness".

-albert einstein
>>
File: 1465329954913.jpg (59 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1465329954913.jpg
59 KB, 800x600
There is nothing here for me.
There is nothing for me within societal norms or milestones.
The only thing I have is myself.

If you can get the same thing from both places, why would you try to get that same thing while being criticized at every turn? At least by staying here you can pretend to have some modicum of agency in the situation.

While the whole Chad/Robot dichotomy may be false, it does not change the fact that most of the people here are different enough from the average person that they would experience difficulties the average person would not.

There's no need to help people who are normal.
There is a need to help people who cannot help themselves or have special needs.
There is no help for the people who exist between these two groups.

As much as we would like to properly integrate, there's simply no feasible way to catch up. We've fallen behind. If we check out, we are labeled as strange or atypical, if we try to check in, we are still labeled as strange or atypical even though we are trying to fix the situation.
>>
desu a couple nights ago I asked /b/ (the worst of the worst) to rate me and my crush, when I don't even dare to publish photos of me on fb
to my surprise I found comments like
>you are attractive enough
>she is withing your league
fags even talked shit about her instead of me

gave me advices on how to improve my look and what I should do

For the first time in my life I approached to a girl and things are going fine
I feel the need to leave /r9k/ and overall the whole board because I'm not a fucking weeabo
but thanks to this site I finally had some selfsteem
>>
>>29537490

Yes, posting a message on Facebook or Reddit would be a much more effective place to tell people how masturbatory and fruitless posting on 4chan is, and how they should stop posting there.
>>
>>29537372

Every site on the internet has always been like this. It was like this when I started going online in 1998. I post on various boards and forums because I don't have the typing speed or nerves for chat, and hate associating my shitty inane rants with my face on Faceberg. I'd rather say this shit to strangers. I don't want friends really anymore. I don't think I ever did. I just want an outlet for the fucked up productions of my mind.
>>
File: 1398492828819.jpg (169 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1398492828819.jpg
169 KB, 576x432
4chan may be shit but it's also the only interesting website on the internet
>>
>>29537372
i dont agree at all. a lot of what ive read has changed the way i think. im not talking political but its helped me realize the way things really are. but i agree i hate arguing with people on here and all the narcissism
>>
>>29537620

Chans have been the most candid about real stuff. They have experience being a loser and can share it with others to avoid their mistakes. Many of us are autistic to one degree or another, and never had any real friends and were never talked to as human beans. Even our parents thought of us as intellectually infantile shit. We were left to ourselves to discover sex (mostly involving our hand or a toy), and human nature. I did discover a little more about human nature on the other sites of the internet, but chans blew it wide open for me.

This is like me discovering the internet and communicating through type 18 years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0KmmZdY-pQ

I could talk and act halfway normal, but normies were always hiding stuff from me and leaving their adult and cool conversations to other rooms. Movies and TV didn't fill in enough holes, because they too are dumbed down for the simplest of audience members. I had to be an observer of online behavior to see what people were really like and how much bullshit is out there. The key difference is on other sites people like me feel like outsiders, but on some chans it is like I'm with my own kind. Not saying this is a hivemind, but you can be a little off and fit in here. Even if you don't fit in, you can fake it since you have no name for others to assemble an identity of your posting history. Mess up in one thread, just jump over to another and forget about it. it will be gone in a few hours anyway, and only creeps and government spooks digging up archives will ever find it.
>>
File: 27835605.png (154 KB, 1308x272) Image search: [Google]
27835605.png
154 KB, 1308x272
>>29537869
I screencapped it when I saw it a couple of months ago.
>>
>>29538519
Well said lad, well said

4chan, r9k in particular, has always been candid about everything our society's authorities and often our peers won't be. I learned to accept my weird oedipal-complex fetishes by talking with other anons who had them here, which i think really helped my sexual development

It helps with little stuff too; r9k anons taught me how to eat for <$15 a week when I started needing to, /mu/ anons have recced me albums that led me to take up making music myself. /fa/ anons taught me how to not dress like an autist (pre-/fa/ i literally wore cargo shorts, 'tism shoes, and vidya shirts) Hell, /b/ at age 15 got me over my pussy squeamishness with gore. I can't think of an aspect of my life that hasn't been altered by browsing here, and while i can't say i'm happy with my life, the effects certainly have not all been negative
>>
File: 1463470678154.jpg (23 KB, 452x469) Image search: [Google]
1463470678154.jpg
23 KB, 452x469
I can't challenge OP, I know quitting this place for good or browsing less frequently would be in my best interest. I'm attached to this place to say the least, though I rarely enjoy it anymore. Occasionally there'll be a thread I'm intensely interested in or a post I feel compelled to screencap. I guess I use it as a kind of crutch. Question is what should I replace it with?

Truly terrifying part is that a significant part of my worldview has been shaped by things I read here, I've let r9k influence me to an unhealthy degree. I don't think the time I spent/spend here is wasted time strangely enough. I don't know, let my experience serve as a cautionary tale if nothing else.
>>
You are right, op, but it's a little too late for me. If only I had known that years ago, I might have been able to escape. But I'm a lost cause now. My life is completely unsalvageable. I can't even think about the future without bursting into tears and contemplating suicide.

At least this place allows me to entertain my delusions and pretend that my dreams are still attainable. It's all I have left.
>>
ITT: new
>>
File: CoolStanley.jpg (652 KB, 1200x1078) Image search: [Google]
CoolStanley.jpg
652 KB, 1200x1078
Ayyooo king of /r9k/ reporting in
>>
this thread is probably dead by now, but i figure i'll write this anyway.

>>29537372
pretty well written, and pretty accurate. i've been having the same doubts about this site. it almost feels as if i have regressed since i have found it. more specifically, r9k. i think you are right. we aren't doing ourselves any favors by being here.

but i think >>29537427 is right. we don't have anywhere else to go. maybe this is a retarded idea, but since we all have no friends, why don't we meet up somewhere? it's obvious that we are on this board because this is the only place we can feel like we can relate to people. why not take advantage of that? shit, even if we don't meet up, we can at least post more positive shit on the board. we need to work to come up with solutions.

i don't know. maybe that is just a stupid idea. it's worth a shot though. i like the idea of creating something positive as a community.
>>
Most of the post is bs, but the third paragraph is true.

Not like I give a shit. I come here cause I don't have a choice. If you're gonna tell me to stop coming, at least tell me where else to go.
>>
>>29540114
You are a faggot nigger cancer AIDS nigger jew loser nazi troll.
Kill yourself
>>
>>29540189
no, fuck you. YOU kill yourself. eat a dick u fagit
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.