[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/ wasn't any help any of you NEETS musicians? Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: banjo.jpg (26 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
banjo.jpg
26 KB, 375x500
/mu/ wasn't any help
any of you NEETS musicians?

Help me fix my banjo

It's a ktone brand with a remo head

i could never the 5th string into tune
it would always get out of tune very very quickly

felt if i tried to get it into tune it would snap.

i took it to a place and also gave them a gear peg to put in cause someone said that would work better

the 5th string gear peg just falls out now
i can never get it to stay in

here's a link to the product on amazon

can this piece of crap be saved?

https://www.amazon.com/Ktone-High-Quality-String-Banjo/dp/B00CQB4JOO
>>
>banjo
>not piano or guitar
wew lad
>>
idk m8 I never had the discipline to learn an instrument
good luck phamilypai
>>
Sounds like your bridge is in the wrong position m8.
>>
File: 1460268826762.jpg (9 KB, 237x250) Image search: [Google]
1460268826762.jpg
9 KB, 237x250
>banjo
>it's an "anon chooses a wacky instrument because he thinks it's eccentric and funny but it's actually just weird and off-putting" episode
i chose the ukulele myself
>>
>>29537280
ive had trouble with the bridge before but ive got that sorted out, thats not the primary issue here and it never was
>>
>>29537333
>thinking the banjo only exists as a joke

The banjo is a nice sounding instrument you faggot
>>
>>29537354
You were describing symbtoms of a misplaced bridge though at the start.I'm not sure about the gear peg falling out but your 5th string constantly coming out of tune can be the result of a wonky bridge.
>>
I really wish that I knew shit to help you out.

But I'd hang out with any motherfucker gifted at playing the banjo.

good luck bud
>>
>>29537333
nah i picked it because i thought the opening to drunken lullabies sounded cool
>>
>>29537358
so is the ukulele, that isn't the point
>>
>>29537386
ive got the bridge fixed. the gear peg to the fifth string wouldn't even stay in place and would just unwind back to out of tune and then it wouldn't even stay in the banjo

one of the 3 reviews on amazon is a little discouraging about this and im wondering if i just just get rid of this
>>
>>29537456
Sorry anon don't know how to help you then. Good luck.
>>
File: reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpg (6 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpg
6 KB, 250x250
>>29537508
ok thanks for trying phamalamaphampai
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 640x1136
b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-ump
>>
Have you tried gluing the string when it's in tune?
>>
File: 685.jpg (203 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
685.jpg
203 KB, 800x600
Amateur bassist here, my friend's been thinking about getting a banjo for a while. He doesn't know how to play music, but I just want him to get one so we can have more sound options when we FINALLY start our fucking band.
>>
>>29537158
Hey, I play the banjo too. What style do you play?
>>
So should I smoke meth when I record my first album? Seems like a great way to power through it and hammer it out
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.