[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got fired from my job today. Should I take it off my resume
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1465874276731.jpg (158 KB, 1300x931) Image search: [Google]
1465874276731.jpg
158 KB, 1300x931
I got fired from my job today. Should I take it off my resume before looking another one? If I do there will be a 1 year gap in my employment history.
>>
>>29535437

Not a good idea. Explaining lengthy gaps in employment is tough as shit. I got a job three months ago after 9 months as a neet, and it was not the smoothest process. Applied to hundreds of jobs.
>>
Why did you get fired familio?
>>
>>29535506
I was late every day famalam
>>
>>29535437
Depends on why you got fired, from what industry, and the kind of work you're looking for.

Generally, the answer will be no.
>>
>>29535437
>I got a job three months ago after 9 months as a neet, and it was not the smoothest process. Applied to hundreds of jobs

Could always just tell the truth.

Hiring manager asked me why I had a 2 year gap. (was Neet) I honestly told him I spent that time applying for jobs and just didn't get any call backs.

don't know if he thought I was bullshitting or not, but I got the job. Started off at $13, making $15 an hour now. Got my own place and car too.
>>
>>29535506
I showed up drunk nearly every day to work. I might get evicted in 2 weeks if I can't get this next job. I've lost control.
>>
>>29535535
you can't file for an employment check?

and yeah i don't know if it's a good idea to put that job on your resume, and then lie about why you left. if another job decided to call that job..then you'll potentially get blacklisted from a bunch of other jobs too.
>>
>>29535521
>>29535535
Wow thats pathetic
Grow up faggots
I was hoping for a good sexual harassment or physical altercation story
>>
>>29535437
>keep the job on your resume. explain it at interviews.
spin it positively. highlight, in specific detail, what you learned about yourself from the experience.

>don't list anyone from that job as a reference.
they are going to tell the truth. don't expect them to lie or sugarcoat things for you.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.