[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who are you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: hmm.jpg (26 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
26 KB, 720x720
I don't frequent this board, but it really intrigues me.
So, who are you?
What brings you here?
How are things going in your life?
What's something that makes you happy and something that makes you angry?
>>
File: 1454356340097.png (426 KB, 675x675) Image search: [Google]
1454356340097.png
426 KB, 675x675
NORMIE GET THE FLYING FUCKING FUCK OFF MY BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>29534414
>normie
I've had to overcome depression over several years and still wouldn't classify myself as a normie.
>>
File: catgif_A.gif (433 KB, 200x156) Image search: [Google]
catgif_A.gif
433 KB, 200x156
>>29534392
>So, who are you?
Nobody

>What brings you here?
Anime

>How are things going in your life?
Since I'm even able to post here it's probably going ok.

>What's something that makes you happy and something that makes you angry?
Tea, rain, anime, suicide thoughts makes me happy. Can't think of anything that makes me angry

How about yourself, op-kun?
>>
>>29534392
Ill entertain your shit

>So, who are you?
I'm will, also known as anom
>What brings you here?
My crippling depression, lack of social skills, lack of friends, lonelyness.
Im working my dream job and I am working on getting my car license (own a motorcycle and license for that currently)
Sometimes when I'm at my work I'll feel happy and a couple days ago I was happy on my motorcycle, but those are fleeting moments.
Something that makes me angry is this fucking bullshit thread and the fact that I can't even enjoy the fact that I achieved my biggest goal in life.
>>
this a virgin only board op you have to leave
>>
File: 1428604933933.jpg (33 KB, 436x436) Image search: [Google]
1428604933933.jpg
33 KB, 436x436
>>29534392
>So, who are you?
Shitposter
>What brings you here?
Shitposting
Shitposts are up
Shitposts, effortposts.
>>
>>29534593
>So, who are you?
hopefully soon to be a grad student if I don't fuck things up
>What brings you here?
intrigued by the board culture and want to find more about the users
pretty alright, I'm heading towards being straight edge it seems and I find myself killing time a lot, but can't complain.
feeling appreciated and being told things repeatedly
>>
>>29534593
Keep fighting the suicidal and depressive thoughts m8, I used to have them fairly often. Either indicative of a negative outlook or that your psychology is trying to go through a change.
>>29534633
why do you think you remain so bummed? After now having gotten your dream job, what are 3 things you want in life? Do you socialize at work at all?
>>
>>29534392
>So, who are you?

Just a britbong that comes on here from time to time.

>What brings you here?

Trying to find people who are like me that I can relate to anonymously.

Not so good. NEET and not claiming welfare. I ran out of money 3 months ago.

Happy? Nothing really. I get a vague sense of contentment when I'm high or quite engrossed in a video game.

Angry? Seeing couples out in the street. It's more of a strong sense of inferiority more than anything.
>>
>>29534812
Why not just claim welfare for a while to ease things and start self study or training for a trade?
Anything you might like to do in life?
I used to get high constantly when I was depressed, before that I was an avid gamer, but ended up at the levels where I would have a mini adrenaline rush kick in whenever a match would start and grew away from it. Plus, for some reason I never blinked while playing and that began to hurt my eyes.
>>
>>29534762
Im not sure why im always bummed, probably because now that I have what I've longed for since childhood I don't have anything to work towards, and now I have free time that I don't know what to do with. As for 3 goals I would say getting into a relationship, owning a place of my own, and becoming happy. Which are all unrealistic for the most part.

As for if I socialize at work, I am a guitar teacher so socializing is my work. Although I'm the youngest teacher and have no real connection with any of my colleagues, and my students come to me for knowledge, not me coming to them for friendship.
>>
>>29534392
>So, who are you?

A sad Brit.

>What brings you here?

Depression, anxiety, loneliness, misery.

Crap. No friends any more. NEET, never had a job at 21 years old, kissless virgin. Arguing with parents. On anti-depressants again.

I don't take pleasure from anything any more, except maybe reading. I've thought about getting a dog.

I don't want to be rich...just moderately comfortable with a girl who loves me. Is that too much to ask?
>>
>>29534903
Well, you can make yourself happy all on your own. It's just a perspective shift. You have to literally fight your own mind a bit, but it's completely doable. You just have to learn to catch yourself being negative and ask yourself, is being negative about this going to change the situation for the better? If no (which 99.9% of the time it will be), figure out what you can do to remedy it.
Owning your own place just means you have to keep doing your dream job the best you can.
You could try going out and using your skills in a public setting. I've always loved street performers or performers just jamming in the park since they add a bit extra to the world. Go somewhere, sit, and play. If you need cash you could accept it (or not if you're doing alright) and you would basically be advertising for yourself too. Take a stack of business cards along with you and hand it to anyone who really likes how you play after opening with say "Have you ever considered learning? It's really fun and not difficult" Perhaps put thing that gives people a free lesson or two on the business card as well, then just hole punch them out as people roll in.
>>
>>29535138
As well, you might make a few musician friends who'll be interested in coming to play with you if you do it regularly.
>>
>>29534392
>Who are you?
Nobody important
>What brings you here?
to see people who are similar to me
not so well
Thinking about it now i can't really come up with anything.
>>
>>29535170
Why do you feel as though you are qualified to give advice? I'm not saying this in a negative way, just curious.
>>
>>29534872

Heres basically what happened in a nutshell.

>Work for a small business for almost a year and get laid off for bullshit reasons.
>Start claiming welfare and enjoy the summer (2015), I have a good amount of money saved so I dont need to get a job at this point.
>Welfare lady starts to threaten me to get work soon.
>Stop going to the meetings.
>Still get paid until like Feb 2k16
>Savings ran out in like April, living off handouts and loans.

If I go back on welfare they will sanction me for 2 months so I need a job asap. It's a make or break siuation as corny as it sounds.

I wanted a degree in physics but I'll probably never get the oppurtunity.
>>
>>29535220
What makes you say that you're not important?
What's the issue?
To be honest I had a bit of difficulty coming up with a response to this question myself. Whens the last time you felt a surge of joy and the last time you blew up over something?
>>29535229
I wouldn't say I'm qualified, but I've been through and beaten suicidal-tier depression myself along with plenty of setbacks in life. I've also helped friends and even strangers (including many fellow anons, not in this setting though) in the past. Perhaps I'm just full of myself, but I also think I'm fairly good at problem solving.
>>
>So, who are you?
Don't really know how to answer.
>What brings you here?
Loneliness. Shared interests.
Badly. Trying to graduate college but I have no clue what I want to do after. Pretty aimless in my life.
Happy is watching cartoons/anime or playing video games alone or with online friends. Angry is having to do shit I am responsible for.
>>
>>29535352
What sort of grades did you get? You might consider trying to study elsewhere. If you're in the USA you could probably go to a community college to simply resume classes and being in your situation you'd probably get enough financial aid to cover it. If you're elsewhere, say the UK, I'm not sure how that might go. However if you're in the latter position, there's always going international. More than a few schools offer free or near free english taught bachelors degrees in physics:
http://www.bachelorsportal.eu/search/?q=di-38|ln-3|lv-bachelor,preparation|!dg-premaster|tx-1700|tt-eea|tu-year&order=relevance
Might be able to pick up a new language too.

Did you start undergraduate studies yet by chance?
>>
>>29534392

>who are you?
random chilean fuck here

>what brings you here?
a nice balance between boredom and crippling depression

>how are things going in your life?
good, bad and spiceless. at the same time

>shit that makes me happy/angry:
happy: not being a [kissless] virgin anymore. doing fairly good at math for once.
angry: tumblrinas in general. being too burgers for some shit and too normie for others
>>
>>29534392
>who are you?
A guy that is studying in a Law School in which I don't even know If I like, tried so many but none are of my interest.

>What brings you here?
Don't really browse this board at all, mostly /pol/, /g/ and /o/ (love cars and pc building) But somehow I can relate with some post made in this board, I really don't like to bringing too much attention around people, specially since my voice is very deep and you know people like it (for some reason). I have as much friends as I have fingers in my hand and sometimes I feel depresses and lonely.

Pretty good desu, I got a good income since I work in my parents farm as well as living alone in the city (gotta travel big time but payment is a-ok). Starting to get involve into the exportation business.

Playing some video games and going out with my pals and this might sound weird but I have never felt true angriness in my life. I was mostly busy studying things like music and languages like studying english and guitar classes since i was 4 years old.
>>
>>29535481
Where and what would you be doing in 10 years if given the chance and what are a few qualities of yourself you think you could brag about, either normie or quirky?
What do you study?
Well it's good you have things you enjoy. Why do you think you get angry about responsibility though?
>>
>So, who are you?
someone
>What brings you here?
was bored so i came here, have little to no forum experience, whatever
absolute shit.
happy: internet
angry: everything, i'm an irritable bitch
>>
>>29534392
I want a decent virgin gf.
I come here to complain about not having one and all the whores I encounter.
That's about it desu
>>
>>29534392
fuck off

blockerino
>>
>>29535170
>>29535138
>>29535229
Also, it's always good to do work for your community. You could try volunteering some time at a youth organization offering free group lessons once a week or something. Fringe benefit is also that good women like guys who do that kind of stuff. It could also get you some referral business too.
>>
>>29535494
How're things going over in Chile?
Do your studies involve math? If so, what do you study?
>>
File: 1433077961373.jpg (220 KB, 640x853) Image search: [Google]
1433077961373.jpg
220 KB, 640x853
>>29534392

>So, who are you?
Anon

>What brings you here?
Social interaction with people I can mostly relate to.

Pretty good actually.

Catching a really nice wave and people who assume they know something you don't and give you a really condescending look.
>>
>>29535595
Thanks for the ideas, I think I'll look into that stuff
>>
>>29535563
Are you religious or enjoy helping helping people? Good women often flock to those sorts of arenas. Try putting yourself into activities and situations a good woman might do herself. If you want to catch bees, find the flowers and that'll lead you to the hive.
>>29535558
Why are you such an irritable bitch then? Being an irritable bitch isn't going to fix any of your problems.
Why is your life absolute shit?
>>
>>29535707
I enjoy helping good people. Probably animals more since they are more innocent.
You're probably right though, I should just stop complaining and go volunteer or something.
>>
>>29535646
What about this place makes you relate to it?
Nice.
You surf? How is that? I've a fear of going into deep open water myself, but have always wanted to at least try surfing.
>>
>>29535552
>Where and what would you be doing in 10 years if given the chance and what are a few qualities of yourself you think you could brag about, either normie or quirky?
I have no idea what I'll be up to in 10 years. I think I am pretty knowledgeable about some cool subjects that I enjoy like politics and world affairs and shit like that. Certainly don't claim to be an expert though.
>What do you study?
Getting AA now. Its taking longer than I expected due to me failing courses. I don't know what I want to major in but I'm drifting to polisci
>Well it's good you have things you enjoy. Why do you think you get angry about responsibility though?
If I had my way I would do nothing but sit on the computer the entire day. Anything that pulls me away from it is bound to make me bitter.
>>
>>29535771
Do it. Helping others is always good, it'll make you feel accomplished, and doing those two things will help you with good women and put you around them more often.
>>29535648
Best of luck anon.
>>
>>29535806
What courses are you having trouble with?
Sounds like it would be a good fit since you seem to have an affinity for them. Do you have an interest in languages or perhaps economics?
You might need to force yourself to step away from the computer a bit here and there then. It's a drug in itself, a means of presenting you constant stimuli be they good or bad. Training yourself to go without it when you want it I think may help you to be able to pull yourself away when you need to.
>>
>>29535494
>>29535641
Also, are there any things that you find at least interesting?
Hows your depression going? What sort of things erupt or take you down the rabbit hole?
>>
>>29535584
thanks for the bump there blockerinodino
>>
>So, who are you?
An Ausfag.

>What brings you here?
Utter distaste for life and bitter lonliness.

Not great. I just got back from China, thought going somewhere else might cure my Peter Pan syndrome. It didn't.

Smoking weed and playing video games with my friends tends to cheer me up, if only temporarily. Dealing with people at my job makes me furious, I start questioning if I'm the only fucking nice person in the world. Then I remember that I'm an asshole too.
>>
>>29537187
You need to start living for yourself and ask yourself why you think you're an asshole.
Think of what a nice person would do and try to do it. Then, ask yourself whats going on in your head that makes you not want to. What has driven you to have the asshole-like slate of thing?
When other people are assholes, don't feed the assholery. Bantz are fine, just so long as it's not in mean taste.
Do you at least enjoy your work, even if the people there frustrate you?

(I'll be checking in every 30 minutes)
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.