[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think your life would have turned out better if you were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: 1425001205222.jpg (374 KB, 1458x960) Image search: [Google]
1425001205222.jpg
374 KB, 1458x960
Do you think your life would have turned out better if you were born a few decades earlier when technology didn't make it easier to be a shut in?

Even when you're in public you find that people don't talk anymore because it's easier to look down at their phones.
>>
If we were born 50+ years ago half of us or maybe more would have gotten married.
>>
File: nas.gif (79 KB, 237x300) Image search: [Google]
nas.gif
79 KB, 237x300
>>29534386
I've often found this to be the case. I'm actually pretty talkative if people are willing to fucking talk, but it seems like these fucking millennial types I'm surrounded by act like you're pulling a gun on them when you say hi to them on the street.

I moved to a city from a small town where the people were very nice, but I still noticed this behavior in the teenagers and young adults, even there. I would always shoot the shit with middle-aged and older guy and gals while they were pumping gas or going to the convenience store, small stuff like that.

But things are different now. No one wants to talk to anyone they don't already know or anyone they don't want to fuck. I just don't get it.

Anyone else experiencing something similar?
>>
>>29534386
>>29534449
Fuck off old-timers, it has NEVER been acceptable to start bothering random strangers with your bullshit. Phones are just a convenient way to signal to the retards who don't understand manners that you shouldn't talk to people that you don't know.
>>
>>29534429
In the 50/60's us robots would have not Internet, therefore we would've practically been forced to become successful businessmen or be thrown into mental asylums.
>>
>>29534488
>shouldn't talk to people that you don't know
then how do you meet new people you absolutely braindead retard
>>
File: seriously.jpg (7 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
seriously.jpg
7 KB, 251x242
>>29534386
wish i was born in a 2300+ year
>>
>>29534588
You meet them through work or school or in other situations where you're forced to interact, dipshit.
>>
>>29534386
I don't envy the yuppie boomers much. The ones I encountered ended up in pissy hateful marriages in large two-car houses.

It's just absolutely conventional shit and it didn't lead anywhere great.
>>
>>29534615
so if a bunch of people are in a long queue waiting, they should just all stand around slack-jawed like a bunch of autistic mongoloids and not try to strike up a conversation or anything

you must lead a fucking pathetic life my man, step it up
>>
>>29534684
>so if a bunch of people are in a long queue waiting, they should just all stand around slack-jawed like a bunch of autistic mongoloids and not try to strike up a conversation or anything
Yes you fucking mongoloid. How can you be so arrogant that you think your inane small talk is more valuable than another person's solitude? How can you be so selfish and rude that you would impose yourself on someone like that? You deserve to be shot.
>>
>>29534731
>another person's solitude
you're in public you complete philistine, you're not in a solitary position to begin with. if you're going to go outside, you should expect people to fucking talk to you, that's how life works

lord in heaven how can someone be this delusional
>>
>>29534775
>if you're going to go outside, you should expect people to fucking talk to you
No, that's not how a civilized society works. If you don't know someone and don't have a specific reason to need to talk to them, you leave them the fuck alone. Period.
>>
No.

The internet has improved my life overall much more than hurt it I believe.
>>
>>29534795
>not how a civilized society works
>civilized society is everyone wearing horse blinders at all times, never interacting with anyone or anything outside of their intended purpose
>civilized society is everyone being so self absorbed that even striking up a casual conversation while you are objectively wasting your time in a line is asking too much
>civilized society is the commonwealth not exchanging opinions and ideas among each other in a casual manner in a public forum, but rather only surrounding themselves with things they want to see and hear to further entrench themselves in their delusions
sounds like a great civilization my friend
>>
>>29534850
>I'm bored so I have the right to bother everyone around me with inane bullshit and if you don't like it then you're the problem

kill yourself my dude
>>
>>29534879
>i am so fucking full of myself that i think the minutes of my day where i am not doing anything productive anyways are so valuable that talking to another human being is a completely unreasonable way to spend them
sterilize yourself my pal
>>
>>29534918
>I get to decide how the people around me spend the time that I decide isn't important for them
lobotomize yourself friendo
>>
File: rbICxhu.jpg (642 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
rbICxhu.jpg
642 KB, 2448x3264
>>29534918

Not original guy, but honestly dude. If I'm dicking around on my phone. I genuinely don't want to talk to you. Sorry. Shit, I even put earbuds in even if my phones dead so the crazies on the bus don't talk to me.

Other guys wrong too though, he needs to learn to not be a little bitch and say "Sorry, Don't feel like talking."
>>
>>29534955
>every minute of my day is extremely important, even when i am standing in a queue doing absolutely nothing
dosey doe off of a cliff amigo
>>
>>29535026
Fuck you guy, you don't know what's going on inside my head. Those quiet moments of nothing are my only real peace, and I don't need some knuckle dragger ruining it asking my opinion of the weather.

>>29535012
I am an American citizen. It is my God-given right to shoot you if you impose your conversation on me.
>>
kek no

I'd have been terrible at socializing in any era. At least online I can be comfy
>>
>>29535079
oh sod off you mongrel, you have all the time in the world when you're jacking off all day at home
you can talk to me about the weather for two fucking minutes
>>
>>29535125
>you can talk to me about the weather for two fucking minutes
How about you leave me alone for two fucking minutes? I don't owe you anything you piece of shit.
>>
>>29534795
I disagree, I enjoy being approached by friendly people.

And I think you are stupid and amusing.
>>
>>29535166
it's not a matter of owing anything, it's a matter of being a decent fucking human being
you have the gift of language, fucking use it you utterly pathetic slab of meat
>>
>>29535199
>it's a matter of being a decent fucking human being
Agreed. And a decent human being minds their own business without harassing others. I don't even regard "people" like you as human. You're filth. You're not part of society, you're a fucking leech, sucking away my energy and sanity for your small talk because you're too stupid to sit alone with your own thoughts for two minutes.
>>
>>29534449

I'm actually writing well... call it a manifesto if you will about this subject. We've entered an age where communication technology and mass media is so pervasive that nobody can really relate to each other anymore. Take Bandura's social learning theory and consider what happens when you take the number of people modeling behavior and multiply it by a number that is virtually infinite. People quite literally don't know how to interact with one another anymore. They don't know half of what the other person is referring to. Interactions are filled with tension and "awkwardness" and people avoid these interactions to avoid these unpleasant feelings. It's as natural as it is fucked up.

There's more to it, but in any case this isn't something that is going to get better. People aren't going to understand each other better through technology. It's going to make people more and more isolated and "individualized". Most people are going to be unable to relate to each other beyond the most superficial level aka beyond being able to relate because they seen the same movie or like the same song.

Welcome to the brave new world.
>>
>>29535233
listen to me you trash heap
if you cannot step outside of yourself for two fucking minutes to talk about the weather, you are the biggest fucking leach there is
you are not important
nothing you will do with your time will matter
everything you think is valuable will be undone shortly after your death
you are a waste of space
you are a waste of oxygen
you are a waste of carbon
you are a waste
get over yourself
and fucking talk to me about the weather
you
irredeemable
ball
of
feces
>>
>>29535302
listen to me you trash heap
if you cannot avoid harassing strangers for two fucking minutes, you are the biggest fucking leach there is
you are not important
nothing you will do with your time will matter
everything you think is valuable will be undone shortly after your death
you are a waste of space
you are a waste of oxygen
you are a waste of carbon
you are a waste
get over yourself
and fucking shut your mouth
you
irredeemable
ball
of
feces
>>
>>29535336
nice pasta mate, surely that's never been done before
the difference here is i'm not saying my time is valuable, i know i'm a whelp waiting for death
you seem to be under the impression that me talking to you about the weather is "harassment", and there's only one reason for that conclusion: you think your time is so important that you can't even think of taking two minutes to fucking chat about the weather
that's why this copy paste job doesn't fucking work and you need to get over yourself
>>
>>29535377
Who the hell do you think you are that you think you get to judge how valuable my time is to me? You get to judge how valuable you find your own time is to yourself, and that's it.
>>
>>29535421
my time is not valuable
your time is not valuable
no one's time is valuable
we are all on a one-way march to an unavoidable death
even the most powerful person alive today will easily be forgotten in the next millennium
get over yourself you petulant child
>>
>>29535467
We're all going to die someday so that means you have the right to to anything you want to anyone you want at anytime, just because you don't think any of it matters? That's some straight up psychotic bullshit reasoning for your uncivilized shit flinging. Leave me alone, grandpa.
>>
>>29535513
yet again you miss the point you insolent court jester of a human being
it takes quite the leap to say me talking to you about the fucking weather for two minutes is the same as me doing anything i want to you
if you used your fucking brain for even a quarter second you would realize i was trying to say that your time isn't important, because no one's is. to say that i'm "wasting your time" when i talk to you about the weather for two fucking minutes is arrogant beyond all comprehension, because your time is inherently worthless. you would've spent the time i was talking to you about the weather doing something equally, if not even more meaningless
>>
>>29535571
I would have spent the time living in my inner world and actually feeling good about myself you fucking cretin. Literally the only thing worth doing in this fucking life, and you think you have the right to wreck it just because you're an edgy cocksucker obsessed with mortality. You subhuman toilet licker, get it through your skull that your desire for small talk means nothing, so keep your fucking mouth shut.
>>
>>29535621
so using your absolutely spastic logic, i could argue that you're depriving me of the one thing that makes me happy in life in that moment, and that's interacting with other fucking human beings

what gives you the right to deny me my happiness, you charlatan? how dare you deprive me of the "only thing worth doing in this fucking life"?
>>
>>29535676
Because interaction is an active process, an action. I can't be compelled to give it to anyone against my will because again, I don't owe you jack shit. You, however, do have an obligation not to harass the people around you just as I have a legal obligation not to knock over your walker and punch you in the face the moment you interrupt my thoughts.
>>
>>29535761
ignoring someone is also an active process, my friend. who's to say you don't owe me anything, anyways? who are you to decide that? you're making an awful lot of assumptions here mate

i could just as easily say "hurr you have an obligation to talk to me about the weather" and it would be as equally valid as your retarded claims
>>
>>29535838
No, the default state is to do absolutely nothing. All social actions arise from an obligation, and there is no obligation for me to do anything with you.
>>
>>29535875
and the reason you don't feel obliged to talk about the weather for two minutes in a long queue at a store is because your head is so far up your own ass you think the time you're doing absolutely nothing and probably thinking about useless garbage is important

where am i wrong here? please point it out
>>
>>29535926
Obligations don't arise out of nowhere. If you claim one exists, you need to provide proof. You can't though, because there is none. You're a worthless piece of shit, you deserve cancer, and I will never indulge your kind in any interaction that isn't absolutely necessary.
>>
>>29535980
so your head is so far up your own ass, not only are you arrogant beyond any conceivable level known to man previously, but also your reading comprehension has been completely fucking ruined by the fecal matter in your eyes. now i know where we're at, at least

when i say hello to you, you are not obliged to answer. it would be really fucking nice if you wouldn't be an autismal waste of space and actually answered me, but you have the option to not answer if you so desire. because of this, it's not a fucking obligation.

let's say, however, that it is obligatory for some nonsensical reason. you had absolutely no choice but to answer me, and you were forced to endure this two minute conversation about the weather. that you think that this was any more or less important than you standing there doing absolutely fuck all with yourself and thinking about worthless non-sequiturs you will forget about within the hour is absolutely fucking retarded, because at the end of the interaction, you will have at least accomplished the exact same thing had it not even happened in the first place

hell, it may even be a good thing for a socially retarded wastemonger such as yourself
>>
>>29534386
If I were born a few decades earlier I'd be even more of an outcast than I am now. Society wasn't kind to mixed raced kids until relatively recently.
>>
File: eyeslit.gif (684 KB, 400x275) Image search: [Google]
eyeslit.gif
684 KB, 400x275
I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.