[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just went to my 10 year high school reunion, Im scared for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 15
File: sweating pepe.jpg (32 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
sweating pepe.jpg
32 KB, 480x454
I just went to my 10 year high school reunion, Im scared for myself /pol/
>Talking to Old friends who werent friends but we were friends in school
>bullshitting, just drinking and a few laughs
>go shake his hand before I see a few more of some old buddies I know
>look at his hand
>gold ring on ring finger
>"Holy shit bryson, your married?"
>"yeah haha, its actually almost the 1 year anniversary"
>"Oh thats awesome man congrats"
we shake hands and go on our separate ways
>see more friends I knew from the Baseball team, once again, only in school friends
>chat it up, have some laughs, I tell them about my friend who was married
>"anon, Im married too haha"
>look down and boom theirs a fucking ring
>"holy shit man, I never knew, congrats man"
>"haha thanks, I thought I invited you and the rest of the baseball team?"
>"dont worry about it, you probably just forgot"
>"yeah I probably did, anyways man, great catching up with you"
shake hands and go on our separate ways
>look over to see one of the cheerleaders who was really nice to me even though her friends were bitches is now fucking pregnant and her husband she met at her job is with her
>Start freaking out and wondering how old Im really getting.
>finally see some of my more better friends, talk to them for a while, they agree with me that this is fucking nuts that we have people that we went to high school with pregnant and married
>I ask them what they are doing now a days for jobs
>"Nothing fancy, GM at a restaurant, probably gonna have to leave soon and get a real job, I have a few spots in manhattan but I dont know about the commute (we live like 30-55 mins away)
>next friend says he is doing investments and stock portfolios at barclays
>Im fucking unemployed

drove home (parents house) right after in the same car I had in HS, have a panic attack, and Now am currently posting this. What the fuck Am I gonna do
>>
>>29534184
Do absolutely nothing.
It's silly to better yourself just because other people are in a high position in life. If you're content with where you're at, why "advance"?

Keep in mind material wealth is a fleeting joy.
>>
>>29534184
This fear can be utilized immensely to get yourself headed to where you want to go. Don't strive for goals others have or place value in, but take in the dedication they gave and utilize it for yourself. Rooting forya man.
>>
>>29534184
You do what you want to do.

Wanna get fit? Do it, want to get a job, do it.
>>
>>29534279
>>29534241
This was a was a wake up call for me though, I got to stop fucking around, I have BA in Business administration but thats it
>>
>>29534377
So you are going to base your happiness off of acting jobs that some fuckers at a reunion did?
>>
>>29534184
i dunno anon.

what do you want to do? just because they are doing something it doesnt mean you have to do that.
>>
>>29534416
these fuckers are making 6 figures and they are 27-28, my father didnt make that when I was in highschool and he still doesnt
>>
>>29534465
So that is what would make you happy? 6 figures?

They also take you and show you there jobs and proof?

Do what you feel like, but sounds to me like the problem with you ebing happy isnt money, marriage or other shit, it is you and your outlook on your own life.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 180x180
>tfw the nerdy autistic kids I was friends with in high school are married and/or announcing engagements on normiebook and I've never had a serious gf
>>
Don't be a fucking retard and realize that by not being married you're in an infinitely better situation than they are.
>>
>>29534184
that's pretty late, plenty of people marry and start families right out of high school.
>>
this is a fake post, an unemployed loser does not get invited to this reunion
>>
Why would you even go to a high school reunion?
>>
>>29534586
because it is a fake post
>>
>>29534574

Yeah, maybe half a century ago
>>
>>29534184
>/pol/
hmm
>>
Don't bother comparing yourself to other people OP, that's a waste of time. You have no idea if they are actually happy or not.

People that get married in their 20s are retarded anyway, especially if they have kids. How is some 24 year old meant to raise a kid when they've had basically no life experience themselves. Plus do you really want to lock yourself into a lifelong commitment when you've just fuckin finished with high school and university?

I'll bet you any money the dudes that already have kids and shit would trade anything to be in your shoes man, just for one day. Put effort into bettering yourself if thats what you want to do, and find someone to start a family with if that is what you want to do. But don't spend another second panicking because other people have done something you haven't. That's a waste of time, it won't accomplish anything and it's not like they are doing something super awesome that people haven't already been doing for thousands of years.
>>
hi im just a confused transgender boy that want to know what sucking a dick feels like
>>
Is it really shocking at all that people in their late 20s are married with kids and have proper jobs?

Seriously? Like, I get dropping out and manchilding through life, but do you really never consider that you're not normal and that middle class people are always living this lifestyle?
>>
I know it sounds like some faggoty bullshit, but everyone's on their own path and does things at their own pace. There's no reason to compare yourself unfavorably to others. Just compare yourself to your former self and always seek genuine I mprovement.
>>
>>29534599
>>29534578
literally everyone went
>>
>>29534641
>How is some 24 year old meant to raise a kid when they've had basically no life experience themselves.

This really only serves to reflect on you, not them. Having kids at 24 is normie as fuck.

>>29534641
>I'll bet you any money the dudes that already have kids and shit would trade anything to be in your shoes man, just for one day.

Nobody who has achieved any measure of success wants to regress back and become a grown adult who lives at home and has no prospects.
>>
File: 1463426500711.png (1 MB, 1700x956) Image search: [Google]
1463426500711.png
1 MB, 1700x956
I got a letter about mine in the mail and I live in a differant fucking state, zero social media accounts.
>>
>>29534184
>10 year reunion was a few months ago
>Didn't go
>Facebook stalk some highschool people I knew
>Most are either in entry level jobs or a trade
>Most are fat/not good looking, especially the women
>Few have made it with what looks like a good job/wife/child
I pretty much did slightly above average compared to them
>>
>>29534607

Manchildren on the internet aren't actually a reflection of normie society. You do understand this, don't you, anon?
>>
File: 1458460475175.png (42 KB, 500x286) Image search: [Google]
1458460475175.png
42 KB, 500x286
>>29534652
Pretty much this.

I'm 27 and I've never had a girlfriend. I work full time and make alright money but I live with my parents (out of choice.) I still drive the same car I had in high school.

If you reach this age and you've never had a girlfriend or sex you need to accept that you really are a fucking weirdo, you are the 1%.

I'm not going to have a normal life, even if I wanted to. I try to look at the positives. The guys I knew in high school who are marrying up and having kids are basically tying themselves down, they are going to have to work for the rest of their life, and statistically a lot of them will wind up divorced.

I'm planning on retiring when I'm in my late thirties, spending time on my hobbies, and traveling the world. Not having kids, not having a wife to please, and being content with a very frugal life opens a lot of possibilities. It's not all bad.
>>
You are a weakling
And a failed normie, get out
>>
i know this feel
>best friend was in special ed until high school
>aspie as fuck and really dumb, but nice and not too weird
>he's currently studying Marine Biology in a good school
>getting his pilots license
>is considered by even my own family to be amazing
>meanwhile i just jacked off for the fourth time today
at least he is also a KV
>>
>>29534526
Studies say there's no difference after 75k

>posting in a bait thread
>>
>>29534718
>Having kids at 24 is normie as fuck

That doesn't mean it's a good thing. It just means more retarded kids running around with shitty parents.

>Nobody who has achieved any measure of success wants to regress back and become a grown adult who lives at home and has no prospects.

So people don't kill themselves or become depressed once they become successful? Anyone that has worked a fulltime job would wish to have the freedom of this guy. Not saying his life is better or worse, just that his position might look pretty good depending on who is looking.
>>
Why didn't you ask them for job connects?
>>
>>29534860

>meanwhile i just jacked off for the fourth time today
>acting like this is a high number
>>
>>29534184
get up and go find a job

that worked out for me and now i have 2 kids and a stable job.

if a dumbass like me, who flunked college and dropped out could work at a hospital at a decently high position, you could too.

then again, the times have changed so i don't know how hard it is for your generation.
>>
>>29534184
>>29534796
>And a failed normie

Pretty much this.

You failed in life OP. You failed.

You're a failure.

Failure.

Fail......ure.
>>
This shit isn't a joke when you turn 25+ guys, life is really serious and we all fucked up. This is not a meme, we are real fuckos here. I'm falling behind my peers at a rapid pace. KHV virgin vs guys that are already married, have their own place and nice car.
>>
>>29535057
>he thinks kids are less retarded the older the parents conceive them
dumb florida moron
>>
Man I got $2000 dollars and a car I thinking about going to mexico fuck this shit, start a new life. I can't do this american shit. Its too hard. I need a more simple life.
>>
File: 1366413492345.png (96 KB, 241x228) Image search: [Google]
1366413492345.png
96 KB, 241x228
>tfw I just realized its been 6 YEARS since I left high school

Holy shit, what am i doing with my life
>>
>>29535243
Try 16 years.

It only gets worse and worse.

Get a good fucking job now or you are completely fucked for the rest of your life.
>>
>>29535262

I'm going homeless fuck this shit ahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
I make 36k a year with room for advancement every 5 years or so. Am I screwed? I am a khv and next year is my ten year reunion. By the way how do you find out where it is? I don't have any social media.
>>
>>29535287

How old are you? Not going to lie its not lookin good for you bro, just might never happen in this life time.....
>>
>>29535203
A kid that is being raised by someone who is 24 will be shittier than someone who is an actual adult.

Again, I'm not from America, we aren't rushed into having kids while we are still paying off our university debts.
>>
Guys this isn't a joke. You can't hide in animes and video games your whole life. What are you going to do? How old are you again? Its time to grow up buddy.
>>
>>29535287
That fact that you have a job is very good, even if shit pay. Save carefully and live frugally and you might just scrape through in life.

Look up your high school, email them for info about reunions, sometimes they advertise them on the school websites.
>>
congratulations on making it past the age of 25, this is your life now.

it'll only get worse from here. soon your friends will start dying off. then you'll be old and wonder where the time went. why you wasted so much of your life being hung up on silly, inane things
>>
>>29535057
>That doesn't mean it's a good thing. It just means more retarded kids running around with shitty parents.

It doesn't mean anything at all, you fucking retard. None of this is a measure of an ability to be a good parent. What sort of complete moron thinks this?

>So people don't kill themselves or become depressed once they become successful?

What the fuck does your made up nonsense have to do with this? Why do autists insist on bringing up unnecessary bullshit into conversations they're getting rekt in?
>>
>>29535325

The vast majority of successful people were raised by people who bred at a normal age like 24.
>>
I don't look up people I knew from high school because I know they're all better than me

I wish I could die
>>
File: 6.jpg (5 KB, 160x146) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
5 KB, 160x146
>>29535546
>soon your friends will start dying off.

Many normies from my school have already died.

I may be a loser but I outlived those assholes.
>>
File: 1463728226231.jpg (74 KB, 750x755) Image search: [Google]
1463728226231.jpg
74 KB, 750x755
>>29535339
I don't watch anime or play video games to any significant extent. I probably consume less senseless media than most people. I spend my days working out, reading, beating off, making crafts, crying, and trying to learn real wizardry.

You can't shame me, shill.
>>
OP here
Update
Just found out that a fellow peer is in the same dilemma as me, plus I talked it over with my father cause he couldnt sleep, and is having a friend of his hopefully give a job to me via construction (I would be working on the land sites in the trailer office running workers pay and pretty much be the accountant)
>>
>>29535618
>simply existing is inherently valuable
>a good short life is better than a long shitty life
spot the libtard
>>
>>29534184

>/pol/

This turned into a spot for the teenage /pol/sters to cry anyways, so I can't exactly say you're in the wrong.
>>
>>29534793
Teach me senpai. This is where my life is heading.
>>
>>29535677
I meant to post it there but realized it would get banned lol
>>
>>29535228
If you can't make it America you sure as hell can't make it in Mexico.
>>
So do you finish high school at 16 or 18 in the US?
>>
>>29535739

Why not? I can work.
>>
>>29535763
17 or 18, I Finished at 17
>>
>>29535765
>Not having social skills in an English-speaking country
>Implying you'll magically develop them in Mexico without speaking Spanish
>>
Listen here OP I'll tell you what you need to do. You need to sabotage those fucking normies.
>>
>>29534645
Like a warm popsicle.
>>
File: fat butt.jpg (169 KB, 1067x1580) Image search: [Google]
fat butt.jpg
169 KB, 1067x1580
>>29534184
where do you live OP? I'm a pretty similar distance from manhattan. I know your pain
>>
>>29534641
>People that get married in their 20s are retarded anyway, especially if they have kids. How is some 24 year old meant to raise a kid when they've had basically no life experience themselves.

How does age determine how well you can raise a child? Or would you rather wait until you and your woman are in your 40s so your chances of having retarded children significantly increase? Maybe it's best to have kids when you're young because kids are fucking exhausting.
>>
File: 1463365691987.png (41 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
1463365691987.png
41 KB, 500x350
>he went to his high school reunion
>without a gun
SAD
>>
>>29534793

You're not fooling anyone. You will always live your life with a sense of unfulfillment. No matter how cool your hobbies are or where you travel, you will do it alone.
>>
>10 year reunion was a year or two ago
>literally heard nothing about it, was only announced on normfag book
>apparently all but a few people are actually doing well, most are unemployed, on disability, or have like five kids and are fat according to the one guy I know in town who went
>had a few beers and laughed

It sounded like a giant /r9k/ in-person meet. Though the girl who was actually nice to me back then is still super hot(to me anyway), single, and asked where the fuck i'd been for the past decade. Glad I didn't go, but I wouldn't have minded giving Stacy a hug.
>>
>>29535976

>You will always live your life with a sense of unfulfillment

That also describes about 99.9% of men and women, no matter how rich, well connected, or educated they are.

>No matter how cool your hobbies are or where you travel, you will do it alone.

Which opens up the possibilities for adventure anon. No need to be a downer because you can't travel where you please, fuck around as you please and do other things as you please because some whore acts as your own personal fleshy set of shackles.
>>
File: 1430574176861.png (51 KB, 792x600) Image search: [Google]
1430574176861.png
51 KB, 792x600
>>29535709
There's not much to it. I gave up on the traditional path (which is actually rather convoluted in practice) and I am instead following a few very simple rules. Generally I do not spend money unless it is necessary. I do not eat out or drink at bars. I save 90% of my after tax income. My entertainment budget is about $100 a year, mainly old video games and used books. I maintain my car, I wear clothing until it breaks, I live with my parents for the time being. I went to school for a practical subject which pays well.

I will be buying my first house in a few months, an investment property which I will live in and work from while repairing. That house will be rented out once I have enough money for a second house, and the process will be repeated. Eventually I will have an income stream with little work involved except routine property maintenance. In this way I will easily retire before 40, as my living expenses are incredibly low and I will not have a family to support.

>>29535976
Eh, I used to get pangs of loneliness, but they subsided a few years ago. I am content. If I wanted a relationship, I could integrate that into my life. I simply do not have any desire. I was treated poorly by people in the past and that's caused me to dislike being around them. Forced social gatherings don't fill me with dread, but I view them as an annoyance. Dating would fall into that category, as things are.
>>
File: 1420061734940.jpg (108 KB, 1280x842) Image search: [Google]
1420061734940.jpg
108 KB, 1280x842
>tfw my class was supposed to hold our first reunion a year or two ago
>Haven't kept in touch with any of my old classmates

Fuck, I don't even know if the reunion ever took place or if they just forgot to contact me.
>>
>>29536167
How is this in any way fulfilling though?
>>
>>29536163
>That also describes about 99.9% of men and women, no matter how rich, well connected, or educated they are.

That's not true at all, but way to pull figures out of your ass.

>No need to be a downer because you can't travel where you please, fuck around as you please and do other things as you please because some whore acts as your own personal fleshy set of shackles.

I can and I do. My wife loves me for doing what I want. She's fucking awesome and we have fun everyday - to the point where we still (after 14 years) keep each other up at night just talking. No need to be a downer because you can't find someone who keeps you happy.

>some whore

We were virgins when we met, but nice projecting.
>>
>>29535928
>Or would you rather wait until you and your woman are in your 40s so your chances of having retarded children significantly increase

only roasties worry about this(i c u)

a man can make children until he dies. women are expendable later in life, much like men are expendable in the beginning of it
>>
>>29534184
relaaaax, guy. i'm about to turn 34, live less than a mile from my high school, and just went to a wedding where every person in my age group was already married. and there were a lot of us! it's all good, i'm just waiting for the cock carousel to come to a stop so i can pick up all the ladies on their way out (i have a less than impressive cock, not carousel material)
>>
File: 4354241225.jpg (11 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
4354241225.jpg
11 KB, 236x236
>>29536340
>No need to be a downer because you can't find someone who keeps you happy.

That's the most normie thing I've heard all day. You can show yourself out.
>>
File: tf.jpg (487 KB, 1018x764) Image search: [Google]
tf.jpg
487 KB, 1018x764
>>29536312
I get fulfillment from other things. I enjoy my work (it is also a hobby of mine.) I enjoy an evening with a good book, spending time outdoors, getting messed up and playing computer games. The average guy who measures success by his car, his house, and his trophy wife would undoubtedly call me childish, but I stopped worrying about what other people thought a long time ago.

I am, in all likelihood, autistic, so trying to derive any sort of pleasure by interacting with people only brings disappointment. Relationships would merely be another annoyance in my life, and if they ever became serious, the end will result would only result in further misfortune. Women don't like guys like me. At best they see me as something to be used for entertainment, and at worse, as a financial vehicle. Therefore even considering the possibility is an exercise in futility.

Once you go long enough without something, you adapt and find fulfillment through other avenues.

I will have very little responsibilities, plenty of time to spend exactly as I please, and far more opportunities to explore than someone bogged down by a work schedule and a family. It's not all positive, but it would be wrong to say there are no redeeming features.
>>
>>29536833
i envy you. you do honestly sound happy with your life.

i don't think i'm autistic, just weird, but sometimes i wish i was. i feel lonely all the time. no matter how many times i have disappointing human interactions i can't accept the idea of never having friends or a relationship. is it time for me to do that? can someone really be that different from other people that there's no one out there for them?

please be honest, you never feel the need to share things with people that care about you? even small things, like what's going on with your hobbies? do you just satisfy the need by going online and talking to people who are also into these things or do you not care at all?
>>
I don't know what happened to most of my highschool class. One that I know had a kid and is now a cop, the other is working as a cook at some fast food restaurant, a third I'm pretty sure I saw last week while I was at the gym. I'm afraid of looking further.
>>
>>29534184
Currently at a wedding, last night I was pushed by everyone to drink alcohol, even tho I hate the taste. Everyone there was 30+, while I'm the only one 20+, everyone was dancing except for me and people noticed. One guy came up to me and asked if I was a virgin, which I am, but I told him I fucked 3 girls, since that seems reasonable.
Went to bed early anyways.

Why are normies such disgusting human beings. Why do they think having a seizure on an open floor is "fun" and "cool"?
>>
>>29537120
Someone actually asked you if you were a virgin?
>>
>>29537168
Yeah, it was the Best man of the groom
>>
>>29534184
Robot finds out that normies always win. Who knew?

Well... we all did.
>>
>>29536833
i'm the same as you anon but i'm a chick.
guys don't like girls like me either.
i see us heading in the same direction. you are right that there are indeed many upsides to this lifestyle.
just wanna chime in to say that not all of us expect you to be our workhorse. i learned that one early.
>>
File: 1445736860190.jpg (36 KB, 552x616) Image search: [Google]
1445736860190.jpg
36 KB, 552x616
>>29537275
>i'm the same as you anon but i'm a chick

not him, but you are HELLA not like him

he sounds interesting. you sound bored, and boring.

fuck you
>>
>>29536987
someone else responding here, but maybe similar insight. i find that there aren't a lot of people who "get" me. tried for years to prove i was autistic but i'm not. iq is kinda high and i think this is the culprit. not humblebrag, just truth. i don't have trouble making friends except that i obviously don't enjoy them.
>>
>>29535958
Eddggyyyyyyy
>>
>>29537307
oh sorry what i fell asleep
>>
>go to ten year reunion
>NOBODY remembers me
>leave after twenty minutes
Richard J. Reynolds High School, class of 2004.
>>
>>29534877

>tfw 2k away from maximum happiness

feelssoonman.jpg
>>
>>29534377
you got dubs and i got a gun i havent put in my mouth, how about we trade?
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.