[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were you happier as a child?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
Were you happier as a child?
>>
no, i was not. i went from being reclusive and playing video games to being reclusive and browsing imageboards.
>>
>>29533391
Fuck no. My man I think of offing it all everyday.
>>
No, because when I was younger I wasn't as sociopathic as I am now. I used to care about other people think about me but now I can do whatever I want without the fear of being judged.
>>
No, but at least I didn't wanna kms everyday

It really does only get worse. Maybe I should just fuck off and die in a hole somewhere
The only reason I haven't killed myself yet is for the parents, it would ruin them and I love them too much to do that to them
>>
>>29533391

Yeah. I was very happy up until around the age of .. Probably 14. Maybe 15.

And then it was all downhill from there. Wake me up.
>>
>>29533391
I remember being noticeably less happy after I turn 4 years old.
>>
>>29533486
Same here, dad got transfered and we had to move to another town when I was 14. Fucked me up inside for ever.
>>
Everything gone to shit after 2007
>>
Sometimes.
I did spent a lot of time scared of my father though, and that's diminished with age.
>>
>>29533460
>>29533423
>>29533510
I was in therapy when I was in elementary school and had to endure parent teacher meetings and shit coz of my being unable to hide my robot hood at all.
I hated life then and I hate it now. But I don't think I wanted to necessarily kill myself back then. But if I had thought of it idk. I did try and fail in high school when I was like 16 but I imagine that's not what you mean by a child.
>>
>>29533391

I was happy in my elementary school years, then when middle school came around it was a mixture of happy combined with anger and sadness because one of my best friends betrayed me and ended up bullying me, more or less. All over a girl that he liked that I had absolutely no interest in.

When high school came around I was full blown /abyss/.

However, once I graduated from high school, went to college, got a car, and got a job, everything got way better again.

In short, my early childhood was good, early teenage years were a mixed bag, late teenage years were hell, and adulthood is awesome.
>>
if there was ever something that ever truly defined the robot it would be shitty childhoods
it is our hallmark for certain
>>
The less of the world I experienced, the happier I was. I still had my withdrawn personality as a child, but I can definitely say I was happier because of all the events that had yet to occur
>>
I was moderately happier until 4th grade.

4th grade was when I first started really contemplating suicide as something I deeply desired for myself.

I was medicated from there on out.

Been on the pharmajew ever since - currently almost done with my Associate's.
>>
Things were great. I wish I could go back to being a kid every day. These days, where I work, I interact with a lot of kids between the ages of 10-15 and I am amazed at how I actually get along with them better than pretty much everybody my age. I can't hold a conversation to save my life with someone my age or older, but I could talk to kids for hours.

Inb4, pedo stop making everything sexual
>>
>>29533460
>The only reason I haven't killed myself yet is for the parents, it would ruin them and I love them too much to do that to them
it's what i think every time.
>>
Yes.

I'm not fit to be an adult.. everything is just more complicated and joyless.
>>
>>29534155
Same here friend. Happy for your success.
>>
Absolutely not. I was bullied constantly and barely even saw my only parent since they worked so much. It got worse in middle school and mellowed out mid high school.
>>
Not really.

I had less responsibilities.
That's about it.
>>
>>29533391
I was a normal happy-go-lucky kid until 7th grade.

Failed my first class, pre-algebra. I was dumb and retook it in 8th grade instead of getting it done in summer school, which meant I was behind 1 year in High school, which fucked everything up. Made me really depressed, because all my friends were doing well and I was the only one behind.

Never recovered from it.
>>
overall? definitely. on a case-by-case basis, probably not. my worst lows happened in my youth, and are much of why i've got my current neuroses

it was only better overall because it was much easier to be an internet shut-in in my off time. it pretty much sucked ass whenever social or school stuff was involved
>>
>>29533391
Yes. Everything started slowly going downhill after I turned 14
>>
>>29533391
Yeah, but only because escapism was more entertaining back then.
>>
File: 36.png (233 KB, 606x444) Image search: [Google]
36.png
233 KB, 606x444
I didn't have the words for it when I was younger but I definitely knew something was 'off' about me or the rest of the world.
>>
File: thanks drew.jpg (66 KB, 560x415) Image search: [Google]
thanks drew.jpg
66 KB, 560x415
>>29533391
>drew bledsoe

Tom Brady stole everything from him
>>
I was miserable as a child and I still am now, but at least now I can buy more things to distract me from it.
>>
File: 1411350028801.gif (1017 KB, 500x331) Image search: [Google]
1411350028801.gif
1017 KB, 500x331
I think I was happy for a time around kindergarten and first grade. Then I moved to another country and that fucked me up. I eventually adjusted and was happy around 3rd and 4th grade. After 4th grade, I moved to the US, and I think I've been more or less depressed ever since.
I'm doing okay now. I just moved to a new city for a job I like, but I don't know anyone here.
>>
Nope, my childhood was suicide inducing, now I'm just always very depressed.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.