[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /muaythai/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20151103_063434.jpg (311 KB, 1050x1051) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151103_063434.jpg
311 KB, 1050x1051
>get to punch normies in the face
>clinch with girls and feel them up while their sweat drips on you
>stay in shape
>have an excuse to go to thailand and find a qt shy thai gf

Why aren't you doing muay thai?
>>
>>29532229
Ouhm-OOOOOIIIII!!!

Muay Thai/Boran!

BJJ and MMA!

Thats the shit bruh!
>>
>>29532358
Don't teep me bro
>>
martial arts are cool but probably not my thing.

always wondered why that kid has a shirtless guy on his wall though.
>>
>>29532229
I did try going to one class but then I got so anxious that I couldn't remember a simple set of moves and I got so embarrassed that I never went back. I know rationally that it's no big deal and I should just go anyway but I don't really have full control of myself.

I would have been fine if they had let me spar, but apparently I would need to take classes for several months first.
>>
>>29532229

What so special about muay thai compared to other martial arts?

I hear it's good for ending fights quickly
>>
My heart is massively fucked and one strong punch to the chest would probably kill me.
>>
>>29532740
Probably his sister's room.
>>
>>29532771
Muay thai sparring is only 10 percent. Its all about speed and technique/movement. There's no power unless you're getting ready for a fight
>>
>>29532770

It allows elbows and knees pretty much, and also has a strong focus on the clinch. That's pretty much the only difference between other martial arts.

>I hear it's good for ending fights quickly

eh. As long as you can be the first guy to punch someone in the head it doesn't matter if you trained in Muay Thai or Sambo or Karate or Boxing or Kung Fu or Krav maga or whatever else.

>>29532229
>have an excuse to go to thailand and find a qt shy thai gf

Enjoy your boipucci and "gf"
>>
>>29532834

>strong focus on the clinch

Okay, I have no idea what this is
>>
>>29532813
I still wouldn't risk it desu. I prefer to jog/light swim for exercise since I can go relatively easy while still keeping my heart okay.

If I were to learn a martial art, I'd probably go muay thai or sambo.
>>
>>29532229
I trained in 6 different martial arts. I haven't trained in a while but there's now Muay Thai and "MMA" gyms all over the map like they're Starbucks or something.

BJJ is the biggest meme martial art, but you also get to hump girls' legs so hey.

>>29532740
Martial arts are great for robots actually.

>an excuse to leave the house and meet people
>physical exercise
>self-discipline
>unlike bullshit team sports, your victories and your losses and your progress are entirely your own
>get to beat up Chad or some 55 year old fat man
>eventually find some self-respect within yourself.
>>
>>29532753
Nobody judges in martial arts, wverybody is there for self improvment
>>
>thailand
>girls

anon....
>>
>>29532881
The clinch is fun as fuck, it's really intimate and technical.
>>
File: silva-clinch.png (137 KB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
silva-clinch.png
137 KB, 350x197
>>29532881
It's how like 80% (totally made up number) of all street fights and chest-bumping brawls go.

You and/or you opponent have at least one arm wrapped around the back of his head & neck and controlling the posture of the opponent. From there you can throw knees, uppercuts or even a attempt a throw or takedown.

Pic related.
>>
>>29532938
>an excuse to leave the house and meet people
this is not something i'm interested
>physical exercise
i get plenty of this
>self-discipline
what makes you think i am not disciplined?
>unlike bullshit team sports, your victories and your losses and your progress are entirely your own
that's with anything, though
>get to beat up Chad or some 55 year old fat man
why would i want to do that
>eventually find some self-respect within yourself.
i respect myself enough

like i said it's really just not for me
>>
>>29533011

>he doesn't want to beat the shit out of normalfags

GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29533011
>what makes you think i am not disciplined?

You type in all-lowercase letters.
>>
>>29533037
you are the type of person i could see worthy of beating the shit out of.
>>
>>29532770

Here is the deal:

Anyone can flail around with their arms and get lucky. But once you start grappling it isn't so much about luck anymore. In the best situation you know badass clinching, wich is fighting for position of hands around the neck and upper body, while standing, while the other guy doesn't.

Let's say he puts one arm on your shoulder. If you pull down on his elbow he will lean towards that side, totally exposing the jaw. Then, with the same hand you pulled down his elbow, you just elbow the guy on the jaw.

However, I think you need more than just muay thai. You need:

1. Rolling
How to submit a guy, choke him out or break his limbs off. How to get a dominant position on the ground.

2. Wrestling
How to pin someone to the ground. Take them down. Throw the around like a rag doll using their own wheight. Sweep them off their feet.

3. Clinching
Hold someone still while fucking them up with elbows, dirty boxing and knees.

4. Striking
How to knock someone out before it even starts.

And you should learn them in that order and understand that the higher you get on that list, the more you can take on at the time. If you only know rolling you can only do well against one at the time. But when you know all four you could handle a little bar brawl alone.

But if you know only 4 and get stuck in the clinch while fighting more than 1 opponenet, you will get severely fucked up. You must know the grappling to escape it.
>>
>>29533822
what is the best martial art to learn all four?
>>
>>29532229
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BTMA5og-Wwo
Can you Tiger Uppercut OP?
Tae Kwon Do and Judo for me btw
>>
File: autism.jpg (118 KB, 719x1280) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
118 KB, 719x1280
I do. Pic related is my short.

The only grill in the class has a hell of a left hook. Even when blocking it my head feels like it spins for half a second.

Muay Thai will probably leave me dumber in the long run from so many hits in the head but meh. It's not like I'm gonna be a heart surgeon or anything.

>>29535267
How are you liking Judo m8? Been considering it for dem throws.

I sometimes mumble "tiger, tiger" when throwing knees at the bag
>>
Swassadee krub
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.