[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you go back in time and start high school over again if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1
File: gIT2AXw.jpg.png (13 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gIT2AXw.jpg.png
13 KB, 1920x1080
Would you go back in time and start high school over again if you got to retain all the memories you have now?
>>
>>29530746
Yep. I would hang out with the asian kids more
>>
I think about this a lot. It would be awesome to go back and do really well academically and get into a better college. I wouldn't be distracted by bullying or girls or anything like that and just fucking plow forward. I'd never be tempted by my first major girlfriend and would be able to focus entirely on my work and extracurriculars. It would be so nice moving through school knowing how little of it means anything outside of your grades.

But I'd be scared to do it over again because I met the best friends of my life in high school, as well as my current girlfriend of five years. I would be afraid to mess all that up and risk not charming them the way I did when I was young.
>>
>>29530746
If I could press a button that brings me back to 2008 when I was 17, I'd do it.
>I would fuck the cutie who was interested in me insted of ignoring her out of fear
>I would try to keep my friend from killing himself
>I could try out so many things so much earlier
>>
>>29530746
No because I'm still the same idiot I was then.
>>
Yes and I'd drop out because I'm not a chad and all of the knowledge in the world could not change my small physical stature.
I'd just mine bitcoins all day and become rich asf
>>
I'd redo freshman year and date the girl who wanted me but I fucked up with. She was cute and later on became a valedictorian who's going to study at a prestigious med school. Here's a fun story

She made me a god damn custom t shirt with Lil B the based god on it as a gift for no reason. I made an offhand joke about wanting one because she liked to do artsy stuff like making screen printed shirts, lo and behold a week later she gives me a fucking shirt with my favorite meme at the time on it that she put the time and effort into making. I never wore it and eventually donated it to the goodwill. I never make a move or ask her out and she constantly messages me over snapchat and text every day for months. Asks me if we can hang out sometime etc but I never do it. I think about asking her out but I don't do it because I'm worried she'll say no and that I'm friendzoned. Then end of summer I call her a cunt as an alpha PUA negging tactic to show I'm not a ''nice guy'' beta in order to attract her and she stops talking to me.

I'm a retard.

inb4 underage i'm 18
>>
>>29530746
Sure, I could be rich with all the market knowledge.
>>
>>29530848
Holy shit you flaming fucking faggot
>>
>>29530848
holy shit kys you fucking idiot
>>
Without a second thought.
I could save her.
I would trade this deal for my soul, even if I had to shit out all by blood and guts and die once I aged back up to 24.
>>
>>29530880
>>29530879
I love that we had almost the exact same thought at almost the exact same time.
>>
>>29530746
God no. I would never want to revisit high school.
>>
>>29530894
Save her from what?
>>
>>29530746
I think I may have friends if I redid it, I feel more comfortable talking to people in person now.
I wouldn't be afraid of others knowing I'm gay either.
I am happy being 22 now though, don't really want to repeat my teens.
>>
>>29530880
>>29530879
Yeah I know. I spent too much time on /fit/ because I thought they were alphas and reading PUA blogs/reddit for advice and they told me to do that. I've learned from it and me and her started talking again senior year for a little bit but it drifted after a while.
>>
>>29530746
Hell yeah, this would be perfect

I could get straight As and get into an even better school than I did
I could just not talk to people from the start instead of pathetically trying to make friends
I could convince my parents not to move during senior year of high school and fuck up my life
and lastly I would have basically an extra 4 years of life, also I could get rich knowing what I know about the future
>>
No, it was shit and the fact that my life is still shit now doesn't change the fact that things were even worse back then. Besides, I have no regrets for my time in school, it was horrible and I had no friends, but I made the effort to try and get along with people, most of them even liked me, I just couldn't find it in me to like them.
>>
Hell yes.

Sperged hard throughout the whole thing.
>>
>>29530914
Suicide after isolation and drug abuse.
>>
>>29531022
You may of or you may not have. Don't overestimate your own power, particularly in relation to suicidal drug addicts.
>>
That depends, does my schizophrenia travel with me?
>>
>>29530746
Yes of course, I would do really well in school and I'd be more confident.
That's ignoring any gambling shenanigans.
>>
No. I was picked on so much I developed severe mental problems that pretty much ruined my life. High school was very depressing for me and I would never repeat the experience.

Having memories of the thing wouldn't change the course of events, because I have an autistic personality and a stupid/ugly appearance, and no amount of self-improvement will change that. God knows I tried.

I've done college life, I've done wageslave life, and high school was worse than both. I'm 27 now and the events that transpired in high school basically ruined my life. The crippling anxiety disorders I developed, the dislike for people which has become permanent, and the general obsessive self-loathing fucked me over.
>>
>>29530836
/Thread

If we're all being honest with ourselves
>>
I'd still be the same idiot, except now I'd have all the memories that make me hate myself. I'd just be filled with self-hatred over the same issue from an earlier age, but with a worse personality as a result.
>>
yes, but i would rather start from middle school as thats when my problems truly began
>>
Yes. I'd get ripped and not be so antisocial. Yet also bust my ass on schoolwork. I'd play video games a lot less
>>
>>29530746

>having to relive all of those god awful hormonal surges
>having to interact with teenagers
>not having my own car
>not having my own apartment
>not being able to buy my own alcohol
>having to leech off of my parents
>TEENAGERS

Fuck no. My life got infinitely better after I got out of high school. High school can go fuck itself.
>>
If I'm retaining all of my memories then totally. During highschool I found out what social engineering was and attempted to do that. Big mistake.
>>
Of course I would. My GPA was extremely low because I never did homework or studied. Socially, I was retarded too. I had so many opportunities to hook up with cute girls but I constantly pussied out. Even had a girl with giant tits offer to give me a blowjob and I rejected her. God I was such a fucking idiot. I'd re-do it in a heartbeat.
>>
>>29530835
Your friend killed himself?

:( tell me what happened
>>
>>29532331
I can relate to this. (Original comment.)
>>
Fuck no. HS was flat out the shittiest thing I've ever experienced. Now, if you said college, I would happily accept. I would be running, lifting, and go into a better major.
>>
>>29530746
For sure. I had a pretty good time in high school. It could have been better if I was a tad bit more self confident (idk what caused this, but after graduating my confidence spiked a ton). I had girlfriends, but pussied out having friends with benefits when they were clearly interested in it.
>>
this is all i want and pray for all day everyday
>>
>>29530746
Yeah.

HS was dope, but i'd want it for finance.

God damn I missed so many opportunities on things i predicted.
>>
Of course not! I'm living such a fulfilling life as it is shitposting on /r9k/, having no friends, dreaming my 2D waifu was real and waiting for the sweet release of death!
>>
yes of course. there are so many regrets I have and so much knowledge I could lever
>>
No, it was shit. I had a shit appearance and a shit voice. I had to force myself into an existing group because I came from a different school and couldn't become an outcast. Now, 4 years later, I barely have one friend from that period. The only good things to come out of HS are my merit prizes and the sophomore trip.
>>
No.

I wasnt being bullied in highschool as I was in middle and elementary school, I had the potential to make long lasting friendships, the potential to get in a relationship, I chose not to get involved in those things, and I wouldnt have it any other way.
>>
yeas i think about my past all the time. i could of gotten a better degree, stop hanging out with somebody.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.