[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/r9k/ tells me all I need to get girls is just talk to them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: pep.jpg (491 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
pep.jpg
491 KB, 900x900
>/r9k/ tells me all I need to get girls is just talk to them and be confident
>introduce myself to girl in library, my age, qt
>stand up straight, wear nice black button up, hair done, look good, 6'0 tall
>start small talk about the weather
>she nods politely and says hey i gotta go before conversation goes anywhere

FUCK YOU REDDITOR FAGGOTS
YOU DON'T FUCKING GET IT

Can we please end this stupid meme that confidence is all you need and just going up to a girl will work? It's just a way to give false hope and make robots embarrass themselves.
>>
>>29529400
Clearly you weren't confident enough bro.
>>
>look good
Silly OP, your mom is going to tell you you look handsome no matter how ugly you are!
Other people need to think you look good
>>
>he feel for the "just be confident meme"
Might as well have just been yourself
>>
Did you remember to B.E. yourself?
>>
>>29529400
OP it's your own fault, you need to just do better
>>
>SOMEONE TOLD ME TO DO SOMETHING SO I TRIED IT ONCE AND IT DIDN'T WORK FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU
If only I had a quarter for every time I've seen this b8
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 456x614) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 456x614
>>29529617
Well this is me. I think I'm good looking and I work hard to make sure.
>>
>>29529749
hahahahahaha holy shit
shitskin jimmy neutron
nigga fix that hair
>>
>>29529749
Jimmy Neutron pls
>>
>>29529749
BRAIN BLAST
>>
>>29529749
Please be bait
Origami
>>
File: Not so Cheeki.jpg (24 KB, 500x272) Image search: [Google]
Not so Cheeki.jpg
24 KB, 500x272
>>29529400
>talk to one random girl in library
>bring up weather
>she declines to talk
>get pissed

I know it hurts, anon. But this is what 90 percent of those interactions are like for anyone under Chad tier.

This is the thing the redditfags don't ever convey and that robots don't want to hear. It's not just a fucking checklist of things to do that result in you getting a gf. You don't get to go up to one random girl and magically stumble upon 'the one' like in the japanese animoos. Life is too shit for that.

It's not 'just go up and talk to her, then boom! you get a date'. Not for people like us. Get plastic surgery or a billion dollars and maybe. But not us.

In order for a fighting chance you need to fucking practice over and over and over again.

>every once in a while a girl you approach returns interest
>sometimes when you two chat, you hit it off
>you get her number
>you ask her out. She might say yes or no.
>if yes you go on date. if not, start again.

A lot of this is a numbers game. More attempts equals more chance at success, but also necessary failures

And along with confidence there's social literacy, which is a struggle for robots since most of us have huge gaps in that area from not picking up on the weird invisible norms that school and youth are supposed to teach you.

It's not rare to accidentally commit a thousand little social faux pas in a single interaction. I still do it all the time. You fuck up without even knowing you did. It sucks.

That's my 2 cents. I still am a 24 yrs KV and have never had a gf, but since doubling down on improving myself I've gotten numbers and gone on dates. It's still hard. I smoke more now as an excuse to step away from the parties and stuff I force myself to because they still make me anxious and spaghetti containment is exhausting.

Feel free to disregard.
>>
>>29529771
>>29529772
Man fuck you
>>29529805
What
>>29529812
Really bad huh
That's me. Laugh or not.
>>29529880
So keep trying and learn from your experiences is the gist? Should I try something like Tinder? I've never bothered with it because I fear it's Chad central.
>>
>>29529749
BRAIN
MOTHERFUCKING
BLAST
BITCH
>>
>>29529914
Anon please don't try tinder unless you're super hot. I did it and I never felt worse about myself.

At least when you approach girls IRL you can choose how many potential rejections are in a day. In tinder if you're like me you can be rejected tens of times in a day.

But yeah social literacy I've found is a lot like exercise. Grueling at first and never gets easy, but you're a little less shitty every time. I personally like this quote from Bojack Horseman (pic related).

That's the reason normie advice is so shitty. They don't know how hard it is. Like when people genetically disposed to being in shape shit on people that have been fat their whole lives. They can't comprehend the difficulty curve not only in applying the advice but in adjusting to a different way of life altogether.
>>
File: Bojack.png (524 KB, 1280x723) Image search: [Google]
Bojack.png
524 KB, 1280x723
>>29530010
>>29529914
Forgot the image godamnshitfuck
>>
>>29529749
Is that a Gumby hair-do?
You look like a creep.
>>
File: Jimmy_Neutron.png (758 KB, 709x1548) Image search: [Google]
Jimmy_Neutron.png
758 KB, 709x1548
>>29529805 >>29529749
References to a character from a kids show you look like, OP. mostly with the hair.

I'd probably see if you can get some advice on the hair tbqh. Unless you're in a super hipster area full of irony girls I don't see anyone going for that.
>>
OP, it is a numbers game. If you're not top tier (and even if you are) you will get rejected. Hell, even seasoned PUA (GoodLookingLoser, SquattingCassanova) who smash girls for a living fail most of the time in their approaches. The key is to spam (good/improving) interactions with different girls until you get somewhere.

As a guy, you must put yourself out there. Reddit (and most people) are stupid thinking that attraction is a "checklist" type of thing. It's not. There are things you can do to give yourself a higher success rate ($$, working out, status, "charm") but at the end of the day these things are not sufficent to guarantee you success.

Attraction is something that is non-negotiable. "Making" someone like you is Disney bullshit. 99% of the time you're better off doing at least one of the following:

-Investing time in another girl(s)
-Improving yourself (social skills, $$, physique, etc)

OP since you are tall you may have a shot with Tind. You need good pics for that. Best of luck, try not to get discouraged. Like everything else, it's a grind.
>>
>>29529400
Didn't you realize there was something wrong about starting conversation with someone who is in a place for some peace and quiet?
>>
File: your soul is kawaii.jpg (67 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
your soul is kawaii.jpg
67 KB, 500x500
>tfw you're not even trying to hit on a girl, you just want to talk to someone, and they still shut you out
>>
You don't pick up chicks at the library.
>>
>>29530024
>>29530010
>>29530151
Thanks a lot man. For once someone helpful on here.
I'm starting college soon so time to practice there. Nothing can happen if you don't even try.

>>29530033
It's just my hair. I try to go for that undercut/Bieber/hipster look that's all the rage but apparently it's not really working for me. I used to have a buzzcut but been trying to grow it out.
>>29530107
Haha what the fuck.
>>29530196
She was reading a book that I liked so I used that as an ice breaker.
>>
File: S.T.A.L.K.E.R..jpg (531 KB, 2048x1381) Image search: [Google]
S.T.A.L.K.E.R..jpg
531 KB, 2048x1381
>>29530263
Glad to help, OP. I get really irritated that the two options on this board are fatalist miasma and "just b urself bro XD" which are equally toxic in my opinion.

College is a good place to try. I didn't take the opportunity because I was consumed by school and work to pay for it, but in hindsight that was a bad choice. It's easy to start fresh there.

Consider the time you have until you start college to be free practice. Develop your skills and thicken your skin so you can start strong in school.

>>29530151
This anon isn't me, but I agree with him completely. And you do have height on your size. I'm 5'11" and anyone my height or lower has a progressively harder time.

>>29530196 >>29530246
These two bring up a good point. Context is key. Practice in socially-coded places like cafes, bars, grocery stores, the beach, etc. There's places where people are going there expecting to flirt and be flirted with. Libraries aren't ideal for that.

Hang in there, OP. I hope this helped. You can do it, you just have to put in the work. Blood, sweat, and tears are the way out of robotdom.
>>
>>29530263
>She was reading a book that I liked so I used that as an ice breaker.
Even worse. You literally saw someone immersed in something that requires peace and quiet, in a place where people go for some peace and quiet and thought it was a smart move to start up conversation.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.