[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know what, would social anxiety be a fucking meme diseas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (10 KB, 240x136) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
10 KB, 240x136
You know what, would social anxiety be a fucking meme disease?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dtglJ5kqr6A
>>
Collegehumor has been trash-tier for a while. Almost all the good writers have left for other websites/TV shows/podcast networks.

I think Pat Cassels is pretty much the only original writer left
>>
The best way to reduce social anxiety at a party is to always have a drink in your hand. That way you can have your other hand in your pocket without it looking weird. Holding onto something will also soothe you.

The drink also contains alcohol which helps.
>>
>>29527420
or....OR

you could just not go to a fucking party
>>
>>29527435
I have to attend company christmas parties every year for dat networking. I don't have any friends who throw parties
>>
>>29527450
>networking

mother fucking just get a router and an ethernet cable, it aint that hard
>>
File: smilin' negro.png (147 KB, 207x269) Image search: [Google]
smilin' negro.png
147 KB, 207x269
>>29527489
4/5 joke anon, you made me chuckle.
>>
>>29527489
>NEET giving networking advice
I love this board.
>>
>>29527420
Thanks anon, I'll remember your comment the next party I'll be in, which will be FUCKING NEVER GET OUT
>>
If you're able to go to parties you probably didn't have actual social anxiety in the first place and just adopted the meme to get attention
>>
>>29527635
This. Its probably "social awkwardness" which pretty much everyone has
>>
File: 1457210717409.jpg (68 KB, 488x485) Image search: [Google]
1457210717409.jpg
68 KB, 488x485
>>29527184
God, I hope these people burn in hell. This "LOL So shy and quirky! XD" fad is the most digusting yet. These people are taking advantage of people with a crippling disorder so they can recieve attention. As if the depression trend was bad enough. I hope these people somehow develop these disorders and THEN try to laugh about it.
>>
File: 1459640908587.jpg (76 KB, 600x583) Image search: [Google]
1459640908587.jpg
76 KB, 600x583
>>29527184
i have real social anxiety.

my mother wanted me to watch a girl on a televised singing competition talking about her "social anxiety" in an attempt to inspire me, i guess.

i raged.
>>
>>29527635
Fucking this.
Original dammit.
>>
>>29527706
>my mother wanted me to watch a girl on a televised singing competition talking about her "social anxiety"
Is it on youtube?
>>
File: 1454908610890.jpg (190 KB, 1024x710) Image search: [Google]
1454908610890.jpg
190 KB, 1024x710
That's not what social anxiety is like. That's 10% of it.

I got bullied badly in high school and beat up a few times, by my senior year I had social anxiety disorder. I had non-stop, repeat thoughts like in the video but that was not really a problem. The problem was the tremors and muscle spasms I would get, that were not just awkward, but made doing things like eating with a fork or writing a real challenge. Couldn't keep my hands steady around people. I also had an upset stomach every time I had to be in a room with people, I would have gas and I would feel like I was about to shit myself. I'd also usually be drenched in sweat. I was usually running on 3 or 4 hours of sleep because I'd be up all night thinking about everything that went wrong and was going to go wrong.

So the mental symptoms were annoying but the physical symptoms were the real problem. Eventually I went on the drugs and about 5 years later I do not have any more social anxiety. The drugs helped somewhat but it took a lot of forced exposure too.

I think a lot of people like the attention that comes with a problem, in my case I avoided doing anything about it until other people told me I needed to and even then I was very reluctant. I still don't really have a normal life because I've never had a girlfriend and I don't have any friends. It's kind of weird how what happens in school can derail your life like that.
>>
>>29527795
well she saw it online but i wasn't going to watch it. probably.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.